Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,742    Downloads: 1,635,769   Msgs Posted: 130,413   Thread Views: 27,187,896   Online Now: 227
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio A place to post your photos, videos, audio clips, etc. Any media you can share - please post it in here!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM
2nd Line

gord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to behold

Tim Horton Memorial Arena.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
3rd Line

billedog will become famous soon enoughbilledog will become famous soon enough

Ooooohhhhh I LIKE it!!!....I'll take an extra large Steeped tea Dbl Dbl with Milk and an Ice Dogs Game...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:06 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gord View Post
Tim Horton Memorial Arena.
The best part about that name would mean that Tim Horton's would be DEAD People would be forced to go through the super-strenuous activity of making their OWN coffe!!! ARRrrrr!!! God forbid. (although I'm sure the population would be wandering the streets aimlessly for years like the living dead in search for brains before they realized that their are machines available for public sale that allow them to make coffee in their own homes!) Hehe. reminds me of the time we were in online chat and intermission came up and I said I'm was going to get a coffee - and someone instantly replied "Mmm, Timmy's!" - it was COMPLETELY unfathomable that I could magically create my own coffee here at home.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
2nd Line

ashley is just really niceashley is just really niceashley is just really niceashley is just really nice

I like the idea of a tim horton arena (for the player of course) not the donut shop. It would be perfect.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I like the idea of a tim horton arena (for the player of course) not the donut shop. It would be perfect.
Of course I was just joking...but I would be nothing less than proud to Name the arena after an amazing hockey player who met his untimely death on the QEW in St Catharines
Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 PM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billedog View Post
Of course I was just joking...but I would be nothing less than proud to Name the arena after an amazing hockey player who met his untimely death on the QEW in St Catharines
Ooohh.. the PLAYER. Yes, but the only problem with that, is half the kids these days don't even know he was a player. They think "Tim Horton's donuts/coffee" and that's it.

I'm sticking with the Niagara Gardens

:001_tongue:

I was thinking of something Icedog-oriented, but that would limit it too much to one team/one use. Too one-thing-specific. The Gardens would be better suited in attracting other stuff like concerts, other sports, etc...
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Ooohh.. the PLAYER. Yes, but the only problem with that, is half the kids these days don't even know he was a player. They think "Tim Horton's donuts/coffee" and that's it.

I'm sticking with the Niagara Gardens

:001_tongue:

I was thinking of something Icedog-oriented, but that would limit it too much to one team/one use. Too one-thing-specific. The Gardens would be better suited in attracting other stuff like concerts, other sports, etc...
Precisely why we should make it a memorial arena, to identify his accomplishments, who he was and how he played
Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by billedog View Post
Precisely why we should make it a memorial arena, to identify his accomplishments, who he was and how he played
I'm just not sure how 'linked' to the city he was. Sure he died here on the QEW, but that was more out of fluke chance than anything else. Usually memorials are put up in a city that was personally important to that person, no?

Now, on the other hand, I'm ALL FOR a nice big bronze statue along the side of the highway for everyone to see on a daily basis. I just think the arena name should be something that reflects the region.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
3rd Line

What'sUpDog will become famous soon enough

Years ago St.Catharines was mentioned on the Late Show as having the most donut shops per capita in the world, and second for pizza shops. Tim Hortons memorial didn't sound bad.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
3rd Line

What'sUpDog will become famous soon enough

If made the arena with a retractable roof and we were in a slump we could just "Roll Up The Rim To Win" :w00t: :w00t: