Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,448    Downloads: 1,213,166   Msgs Posted: 122,051   Thread Views: 21,745,735   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:57 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of
Default is Aleksander Mikulovich coming back

now that Aleksander Mikulovich was not drafted in nhl.... is he coming back ... I think reason he came was to get drafted....he was drafted by khl in round 1 number 30 so is he staying in Russia.....hmm
Old 06-28-2014, 11:20 PM
3rd Line

GSAAB is a jewel in the roughGSAAB is a jewel in the roughGSAAB is a jewel in the rough

I think you'll know pretty quick.
The Import draft is on July 2nd and I'm sure Mikulovich would have given an indication to Niagara what he intended to do if he was drafted and if he wasn't.
Doesn't seem to be any animosity between him and the team so he'd probably do the right thing here and let them know quickly.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,547 Times in 853 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Presuming the Dogs have two import picks available in the import draft this year, and Mikulovich, is there anything to stop thrm from having three imports thru training camp then cutting down to two once the season starts? I don't know the rules enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,064 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Presuming the Dogs have two import picks available in the import draft this year, and Mikulovich, is there anything to stop thrm from having three imports thru training camp then cutting down to two once the season starts? I don't know the rules enough

Yes and No, but not in the Dogs case.

The import draft is July 2nd, you can not have three import pick/players. If the Dogs were to protect both Protapovich and Mikulovich they would not be allowed to make a pick in the import draft. It's understood that Protapovich won't be returning, therefore the Dogs will likely protect Mikulovich and only use their 1st round pick to select another player. If the Dogs use both of their picks on July 2nd that'll mean Mikulovich will not be back.

You can not carry three imports and make a decision later. The exception to the rule is, if a teams import pick that was on the roster during the past season gets drafted to the NHL in the first round they can protect that player and still select a replacement. The reason for that is, that a first round pick might make the NHL team that drafted him leaving the OHL team at a disadvantage by only having one pick in the import draft. If the player that was drafted in the first round of the NHL draft doesn't make the team, the OHL team has to release one of the imports.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,547 Times in 853 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Thanks for that, I figured you would have a clue how things work out. Great info ! Guess if NIA drafts two players then we can figure that Mikulovich isn't coming back. I hope he comes back. We've done a helluva lot worse than him in the import drafts