Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,121    Downloads: 827,397   Msgs Posted: 110,636   Thread Views: 16,374,762   Online Now: 72
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Matt and DJ‏ @IceDogsThisWeek

The #icedogs have parted ways with import Pavel Demin. This means they will be making a pick at this years import draft
I too am not surprised about Mr. Demin. He is probably a great young man, but, I want a lot more than he provided last season from a very expensive import.
PS: While we are at it, I am not so sure that I would bring back Machala either for the same reasons as the above note. I am not bashing him in anyway though.
I wish Demin all the best with his future endeveours.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 05-08-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling correction
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,181 Times in 652 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Matt and DJ‏ @IceDogsThisWeek

The #icedogs have parted ways with import Pavel Demin. This means they will be making a pick at this years import draft

Thank god ... he didn't belong in the league IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,181 Times in 652 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Not really surprised that this was the case. I hope that new import is a D

Agreed . Would love a Mikulovich 2.0. ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read the latest Matt and DJ article about our prospects in the OHL Gold Cup Tournament this past weekend in Kitchener.
Our newly appointed GM informs us that he spends time everyday discussing the hockey team with the coaching staff about the possible lineup for next season.
He suggested the Tomasino could match up similar to Thomas last season with top six minutes.
He believes that Constantinou will be on the roster come October.
He also stated that he believe that Martin (with his gritty play) could log in bottom six minutes next season.

This is interesting to hear. I have a roster lineup today that includes all of last year's players.
Not on the roster though are 2 over-agers that will be needed at some point (my opinion here).
Also not on my roster in Machala who will take one spot and maybe another spot will be taken by an import, if they draft a player.
I will be interested in seeing who might be invited to camp as a free agent in the Fall, just like Lochead was a couple of years ago.
I still have McDonald the goalie that is still in play but, not on my roster at this time.

It should be a very interesting September, and the curiosity is aroused by what may or may not happen.

All good and the future looks bright....
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I have just read the latest Matt and DJ article about our prospects in the OHL Gold Cup Tournament this past weekend in Kitchener.
Our newly appointed GM informs us that he spends time everyday discussing the hockey team with the coaching staff about the possible lineup for next season.
He suggested the Tomasino could match up similar to Thomas last season with top six minutes.
He believes that Constantinou will be on the roster come October.
He also stated that he believe that Martin (with his gritty play) could log in bottom six minutes next season.

This is interesting to hear. I have a roster lineup today that includes all of last year's players.
Not on the roster though are 2 over-agers that will be needed at some point (my opinion here).
Also not on my roster in Machala who will take one spot and maybe another spot will be taken by an import, if they draft a player.
I will be interested in seeing who might be invited to camp as a free agent in the Fall, just like Lochead was a couple of years ago.
I still have McDonald the goalie that is still in play but, not on my roster at this time.

It should be a very interesting September, and the curiosity is aroused by what may or may not happen.

All good and the future looks bright....
I did a mock lineup a few weeks ago just for fun (with the players we already have and a new import) and it included Martin Tomasino and constantinou plus a new goalie
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Big League

Niagara will be in need of bringing in 2 over-age players next season, they might not, but, I am thinking that at some point they will.
There will be a lot of players available in a few months and we recognize the fact that a lot of them will be in the NHL or and affiliated league next season. And that each team will keep 3 players for their own rosters,

For example:

Erie will have 10 1997 born players on their roster.
Flint will have 7 players.
North Bay will have 11 players.
Owen Sound will have 6 players
Peterborough will have 9 players
Saginaw will have 7 players.
Sault-Ste-Marie will have 8 players
Sudbury will have 7 players.
Windsor will have 14 players.
The remaining teams either have 1 or 2 players available after keeping their 3 players on their rosters.

That is a lot of players that would be there most likely at a reasonable cost.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:11 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Thank god ... he didn't belong in the league IMHO

I don't think that was the case at all. Denim had 4 goals and 3 assists in 57 games last year as a rookie. First round pick Jones in 15-16 had 5 goals, 4 assists in 61 games as a rookie. That is pretty comparable.

I think it was more that the Dogs have an early pick in this year's import draft that can probably bring in a player that is better than Denim. But I wouldn't say Denim didn't belong in the OHL.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 02:26 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
PS: While we are at it, I am not so sure that I would bring back Machala either for the same reasons as the above note. I am not bashing him in anyway though.
Just curious as to who you would have replace Machala. Machala is ranked for this year's NHL draft, had 25 points as an OHL rookie 17 year old playing in a foreign country, made the Czech U18 team, was named an alternative captain and had 2 goals and an assist in 5 games at the tournament.

He is a fast skater who with more confidence this year should be able to take the puck end to end.

What player is he taking a roster spot from that will be as good as him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Big League

I am a fan of Machala, my thinking was that if there was an import with more hi-end talent available in the draft that would report, and is maybe a year younger, I might take a flyer on him.
I left him off of my roster, and when I do add him back on, he will have not problem taking ice time away from a Smith, Dame and Johnson. No problem there.
Remembering that Joey stated that he thought that Martin would get bottom 6 minutes, if all goes well.
He too would take ice time away from the 3 players above
I am really going to enjoy the competition in the fall.
All good
Old 05-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
I am a fan of Machala, my thinking was that if there was an import with more hi-end talent available in the draft that would report, and is maybe a year younger, I might take a flyer on him.
I left him off of my roster, and when I do add him back on, he will have not problem taking ice time away from a Smith, Dame and Johnson. No problem there.
Remembering that Joey stated that he thought that Martin would get bottom 6 minutes, if all goes well.
He too would take ice time away from the 3 players above
I am really going to enjoy the competition in the fall.
All good
I think Martin starts the year as the 4th line RW (at least that's where I had him in my mock lineup) and maybe he moves up to the third lineup eventually