Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,250   Msgs Posted: 118,220   Thread Views: 19,231,328   Online Now: 85
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:21 AM
3rd Line

Biased Observer is a glorious beacon of lightBiased Observer is a glorious beacon of lightBiased Observer is a glorious beacon of lightBiased Observer is a glorious beacon of lightBiased Observer is a glorious beacon of lightBiased Observer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
A few things about depth charts IMO Schaefer is ahead of both Howard and Somerville ham probably is as well. As for the forwards I like your 1-11 I think Martin will be the 12th and the 4th line will be Martin smith and ?
...and Langdon possibly? All top 9 forwards listed are offensivelly better hockey players, Langdon is just for defence, pk's, he could do that from 4th line
Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

The knock against Schaefer is he's a 98 DOB and not alot separates him from the younger D-men with similar size . I just don't see him returning next year as an OA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder Hawk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
The knock against Schaefer is he's a 98 DOB and not alot separates him from the younger D-men with similar size . I just don't see him returning next year as an OA.
I think the fact that he was on the first D pairing last year will be enough to separate him from the other I think he's either first or second pairing this year
Old 08-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Big League

Phil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the first thursday scrimmage but left during the hour break between games.

- Phil Tomasino was out this morning

- Tyler MacArthur had a couple turnovers.

- Justin MacPherson led the rush well once. He's a good skater, mobile d-man. He was pressed into 2nd d pair duties by the time playoffs came around last yr as a 16yo.

- As for Jonathon Schaefer, yes he was on 1st d pair last yr by seasons end but he was also terribly miscast in that role. peterborough had their way with him. the dogs were largely a bad team last yr. Schaefer then, and still now is at best a 3rd d pairing guy. I agree with Thunder hawk, that I'd rather go with a younger guy

- Riley Eberhardt improved in net today. He and Eric Dhillon pitched a shutout over White

- Matthew Philip made a brave shot block that had him limping off. i'd rather see a guy like him not block that shot in the scrimmage and keep healthy for the regular season. bigger things ahead for him, he had an excellent camp.

- Big 2017 10th round d-man Mason Howard continued to impress this morning. He made a good takeout on a kid along the wall. He also stood a kid up hard in the slot. Later he stepped up to break up an outlet pass. Very impressive camp for the youngster

- Langdon had a couple goals today. He cemented his place on the team for me already. He could be ideal 4th line guy with Ryan Smith.

my updated and final d rankings:

1- Zach Shankar
2- Elijah Roberts
3- Willie Lochead
4- Drew Hunter
5- Billy Constantinou
6- Mason Howard
7- Justin MacPherson
8- Jonathon Schaefer
9- Liam Ham
10- Andrew Somerville

i moved Schaefer up a couple slots as some people on the forum thought maybe i should. i still have him on the bubble at best though. Bringing in Shankar and Roberts and drafting Constantinou made a huge impact on the d corps.

they could move Lochead up to 4th line
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil Margonis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2017, 03:27 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Margonis View Post
I went to the first thursday scrimmage but left during the hour break between games.

- Justin MacPherson led the rush well once. He's a good skater, mobile d-man. He was pressed into 2nd d pair duties by the time playoffs came around last yr as a 16yo.

- As for Jonathon Schaefer, yes he was on 1st d pair last yr by seasons end but he was also terribly miscast in that role. peterborough had their way with him. the dogs were largely a bad team last yr. Schaefer then, and still now is at best a 3rd d pairing guy. I agree with Thunder hawk, that I'd rather go with a younger guy

- Riley Eberhardt improved in net today. He and Eric Dhillon pitched a shutout over White

- Matthew Philip made a brave shot block that had him limping off. i'd rather see a guy like him not block that shot in the scrimmage and keep healthy for the regular season. bigger things ahead for him, he had an excellent camp.

- Big 2017 10th round d-man Mason Howard continued to impress this morning. He made a good takeout on a kid along the wall. He also stood a kid up hard in the slot. Later he stepped up to break up an outlet pass. Very impressive camp for the youngster

- Langdon had a couple goals today. He cemented his place on the team for me already. He could be ideal 4th line guy with Ryan Smith.

1- Zach Shankar
2- Elijah Roberts
3- Willie Lochead
4- Drew Hunter
5- Billy Constantinou
6- Mason Howard
7- Justin MacPherson
8- Jonathon Schaefer
9- Liam Ham
10- Andrew Somerville

i moved Schaefer up a couple slots as some people on the forum thought maybe i should. i still have him on the bubble at best though. Bringing in Shankar and Roberts and drafting Constantinou made a huge impact on the d corps.

I've seen the Lochead to forward idea a few times now, but I am not sure why this would be a good thing. If he is one of our better defencemen, wouldn't it be better to leave him at D, especially since our forwards will likely be stronger than our defencemen.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:35 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I've seen the Lochead to forward idea a few times now, but I am not sure why this would be a good thing. If he is one of our better defencemen, wouldn't it be better to leave him at D, especially since our forwards will likely be stronger than our defencemen.
IMO it's not a good idea but it's out there because we probably have an opening on the 4th line and the D competition might be better than some expected
Old 08-31-2017, 03:35 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,046 Times in 976 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

IceDogs Black and White Game Rosters

http://niagaraicedogs.net/article/ic...g-camp-rosters
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2017, 04:21 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Margonis View Post

1- Zach Shankar
2- Elijah Roberts
3- Willie Lochead
4- Drew Hunter
5- Billy Constantinou
6- Mason Howard
7- Justin MacPherson
8- Jonathon Schaefer
9- Liam Ham
10- Andrew Somerville

don't see howard on black and white roster for tonight game
Old 08-31-2017, 04:26 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I think Phil's forward group is pretty bang on. They'll probably carry around 14 or so. I think Johnson, Theriault, Mazzilli, McCabe, Balbosa and Campbell could also be considered. I doubt Dame is back.
don't see mazzilli name on black and white roster for tonight game
Old 08-31-2017, 05:04 PM
1st Line

did d pierre-luc-forget and joel mazzilli have bad camp?