Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,393    Downloads: 1,094,664   Msgs Posted: 119,971   Thread Views: 20,575,912   Online Now: 71
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:40 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

With respect to NiceDawg's nephew, he isn't good enough to fetch a lot of picks on the open market. He isn't bad enough to sacrifice for nothing in return. He is a utility player who occasionally shows flashes of brilliance and a good work ethic. Like him or hate him, he scored the highest number of goals in the pre-season (yes even more than Tomasino but I don't hear anyone looking to ditch him lol). Ollie is a decent third or fourth line player and we need a decent third or fourth line too, can't always predict how much ammunition the other team throws against line one and two. He is worth more on the team than off it and he is the kind of player that if you trade him he will bite you in the ass every game. Speaking of which Justin McPherson scored on us too!
Old 09-16-2018, 09:31 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Castleman is indeed worth more on the team than off in September, because nobody is going to make that ‘big splash’ kind of trade right now. If there is a team willing to offer a significant piece for Castleman now, sure, why not? But I don’t think you’re going to find it.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:35 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Castleman is indeed worth more on the team than off in September, because nobody is going to make that ‘big splash’ kind of trade right now. If there is a team willing to offer a significant piece for Castleman now, sure, why not? But I don’t think you’re going to find it.
I'd be trading Philips and Bruder before Castleman in a go for it year. Honestly though, none of them are going to give you a second round pick in a trade. While we are talking about unsung heroes, was anyone going to give Constantinou credit for a great pre-season?? I haven't seen as much jump in a defenseman since Dougie Hamilton.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:14 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I'd be trading Philips and Bruder before Castleman in a go for it year. Honestly though, none of them are going to give you a second round pick in a trade. While we are talking about unsung heroes, was anyone going to give Constantinou credit for a great pre-season?? I haven't seen as much jump in a defenseman since Dougie Hamilton.
I agree with bruder but I’d keep Philips. Billy looked good
Old 09-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,363 Times in 825 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I don't know about anyone else here but, I really liked what I saw in Moore this week.
He will spend a lot of time in the press box this season as per the 16 year old rookie, but, he has the tools. The future looks good for him.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I don't know about anyone else here but, I really liked what I saw in Moore this week.
He will spend a lot of time in the press box this season as per the 16 year old rookie, but, he has the tools. The future looks good for him.
He looked like a 16 year old with promise, but a bit undersized. I hope he spends the next two years getting taller and heavier. Great speed though.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:30 PM
4th Line

Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Going to be long winded here as I don't post often.

The problem is not that Castleman is not good enough I in fact think he can give the team a lot more but he is always put in a position that he is not set up to succeed because they already have a predetermined mindset of what player he is. And he scored those 3 goals without getting put in the same succeed situations like they tried so hard to do with Tomasino. This team I have learned does not always allow players to fully play to potential.

As for Constantinou he will never get the credit he deserves here. I think he was our best player in the preseason and did it all playing behind other D and with weaker forwards in front of him mostly, And I don't understand why? He played with Howard and he got the 2nd half of the PP with the weaker forwards. Just like last year it was all about Thomas this year will be all about Tomasino and next year Moore. The only way Constantinou will really show his potential is if traded and then we will be kicking ourselves.

I think the IceDogs promote who they want not always who deserves it. Look at even the IceDogs this week or post game interviews nothing mentioned about the kid only Tomasino or Moore. I guess it looks bad if a 2nd round pick out performs your 1st. I have to say Constantinou will still play behind Roberts Ham Hunter and even though he is better and when he does play it will be with the 3rd or 4th line in front of him.

I think we are going to have a number of players wanting out like Incze and players thinking of coming in might not want to come once they see they can get better ice and opportunity elsewhere because once Thomas returns it will go back to being about him.

I will wait until a few games in to see if Burke can lead this team with who deserves to play and help us win not favorites. You need balance and ability to keep all your top players feeling like top players.

My 2 cents if you agree fine if not sorry but that's how I feel. London Ottawa Oshawa as mentioned should be teams we compare our apples to there apples and see if it's really a go for it year.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Earn it when given opportunity

I don’t think it’s a matter of playing favourites, I think the coaching staff can only judge performance on what they see. And you’re right, coaches should not ignore players that are capable and ready to go. Opportunity should be earned, not given.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post

As for Constantinou he will never get the credit he deserves here. I think he was our best player in the preseason and did it all playing behind other D and with weaker forwards in front of him mostly, And I don't understand why? He played with Howard and he got the 2nd half of the PP with the weaker forwards. Just like last year it was all about Thomas this year will be all about Tomasino and next year Moore. The only way Constantinou will really show his potential is if traded and then we will be kicking ourselves.

I think the IceDogs promote who they want not always who deserves it. Look at even the IceDogs this week or post game interviews nothing mentioned about the kid only Tomasino or Moore. I guess it looks bad if a 2nd round pick out performs your 1st. I have to say Constantinou will still play behind Roberts Ham Hunter and even though he is better and when he does play it will be with the 3rd or 4th line in front of him.

I think we are going to have a number of players wanting out like Incze and players thinking of coming in might not want to come once they see they can get better ice and opportunity elsewhere because once Thomas returns it will go back to being about him.

I will wait until a few games in to see if Burke can lead this team with who deserves to play and help us win not favorites. You need balance and ability to keep all your top players feeling like top players..
Constantineau will get the credit he deserves if he plays well in the REGULAR season when it actually counts until then it’s nice if players do well in preseason but it really means nothing (since he wasn’t playing for a spot on the team.) I disagree about the team promoting whoever they want and not who deserves it they are out to win games so the best players on the team get promoted. Why would players want out (unless your a goalie) it’s not like they won’t play if anything they’ll want to stay and players will want to come here more because they are “going for it” the team isn’t about Akil not his fault that he’s one of the better players on the team. You are probably going to have to wait more than a few games to decide whatever you are deciding cause I think it’ll take the guys a few games to get back into it especially whoever plays with Lodnia
Old 09-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
Going to be long winded here as I don't post often.

The problem is not that Castleman is not good enough I in fact think he can give the team a lot more but he is always put in a position that he is not set up to succeed because they already have a predetermined mindset of what player he is. And he scored those 3 goals without getting put in the same succeed situations like they tried so hard to do with Tomasino. This team I have learned does not always allow players to fully play to potential.

I will wait until a few games in to see if Burke can lead this team with who deserves to play and help us win not favorites. You need balance and ability to keep all your top players feeling like top players.

My 2 cents if you agree fine if not sorry but that's how I feel. London Ottawa Oshawa as mentioned should be teams we compare our apples to there apples and see if it's really a go for it year.

Its not that staff played favorites... Castleman got the ice time he deserved last season... he was give multiple opportunities of top 6 minutes and dropped the ball. As for Constantinou....i really like the kid and again he also got the ice time he earned and will see a hefty rise in ice time and exposure this season... but he needs to keep his game a little more simple..... sometimes less is more especially on defence... i expect him to have a huge year as well as Tomasino.... Moore will be in the same boat Billy was in last season and will have to make the most of his opportunities when he gets them
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post: