Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,159    Downloads: 832,083   Msgs Posted: 111,336   Thread Views: 16,651,555   Online Now: 61
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Question for fishfan51

What is the market price for a semi decent overager in the off season?

Would it not be perhaps better to forego these aqusitions and let the young pups play the entire season?
Old 04-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Question for fishfan51

What is the market price for a semi decent overager in the off season?

Would it not be perhaps better to forego these aqusitions and let the young pups play the entire season?
While that would be my preference, and would also give a chance for some of the 98s and 99s to take on a bigger leadership role, as they are likely to do over the next 2 seasons, this team (and many of it's fans) seem to think that it's a necessity to force the team to carry 3 OAs...

Earnestly, I didn't think that Pastorious EARNED a spot coming out of training camp last season, yet there he was... And at the deadline, when they picked up Brack, I thought perhaps it was time to give an 'A' to a 98 or 99 to give them a trial at carrying some leadership since all the 96s would be gone at the end of the season, leaving Johnny Corneil as the only returning 'leadership' from this team. But alas, they put the 'A' on Brack, and it appeared to be a good idea, if still a bit short sighted. Can't knock Brack, he did everything asked of him, but he didn't need to be carrying that 'A'.

I think if the right deals came along, 2 (or even 1) player(s) who make the team better, then sure, add the veteran leadership, but let's not neglect to build up our homegrown leadership for the next 2 years. Corneil makes 'C' one of the new OA should be given an 'A'. Then I would use the other 2 on either 2 98s, or a 98 and a 99. You have to build for the future. But, the IceDogs being who they are as a team are likely to build for the short term gain.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
While that would be my preference, and would also give a chance for some of the 98s and 99s to take on a bigger leadership role, as they are likely to do over the next 2 seasons, this team (and many of it's fans) seem to think that it's a necessity to force the team to carry 3 OAs...

Earnestly, I didn't think that Pastorious EARNED a spot coming out of training camp last season, yet there he was... And at the deadline, when they picked up Brack, I thought perhaps it was time to give an 'A' to a 98 or 99 to give them a trial at carrying some leadership since all the 96s would be gone at the end of the season, leaving Johnny Corneil as the only returning 'leadership' from this team. But alas, they put the 'A' on Brack, and it appeared to be a good idea, if still a bit short sighted. Can't knock Brack, he did everything asked of him, but he didn't need to be carrying that 'A'.

I think if the right deals came along, 2 (or even 1) player(s) who make the team better, then sure, add the veteran leadership, but let's not neglect to build up our homegrown leadership for the next 2 years. Corneil makes 'C' one of the new OA should be given an 'A'. Then I would use the other 2 on either 2 98s, or a 98 and a 99. You have to build for the future. But, the IceDogs being who they are as a team are likely to build for the short term gain.
Having an A on your jersey really doesn't mean as much as you think it does a younger player can still be one of the guys in the leadership group without an A on the jersey. As for getting OA players for next if it's a deal where we give up a later round pick or if we can even find a guy or two on waivers when teams try and cut down after camp or at the deadline
Old 04-07-2017, 04:43 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
While that would be my preference, and would also give a chance for some of the 98s and 99s to take on a bigger leadership role, as they are likely to do over the next 2 seasons, this team (and many of it's fans) seem to think that it's a necessity
I want the IceDogs to do as well as they can next season so therefore I think they should definitely carry the max of 3 OA's.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I want the IceDogs to do as well as they can next season so therefore I think they should definitely carry the max of 3 OA's.
I agree with you 100% on having the three over-agers and I sure that it will happen. One will come in early in the season and the other, possibly a little later.
Or, he can be a free agent invite to camp and make the team.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,523 Times in 709 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Central Scoutings NA skater list: Maksimov-66, Philip-152, Castleman-164, Jones-170 and Machala-215.

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-11-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:53 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Central Scoutings NA skater list: Maksimov-66, Philip-152, Castleman-164, Jones-170 and Machala-315.
Machala is #215
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 11:44 PM
Rookie

overcookedveg is on a distinguished road

Is Max Khull someone we should pay attention to?

He put up 62 points this year in the NOJHL, and from what I have gathered, has not given an NCAA commitment. He would be a good playmaking winger on next year's team.

I am somewhat new to following the Ice Dogs through these forums and am not aware of any past tensions that may have happened with Khull and FO, or about him not wanting to report.

Last edited by overcookedveg; 04-11-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:53 AM
4th Line

modaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the rough

The Ice Dogs scout for Northern Ontario is a well respected hockey man and I would expect that between him and the Head Scout Mr MacLeod they have everything is order for Max Khull to step in next year
Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcookedveg View Post
Is Max Khull someone we should pay attention to?

He put up 62 points this year in the NOJHL, and from what I have gathered, has not given an NCAA commitment. He would be a good playmaking winger on next year's team.

I am somewhat new to following the Ice Dogs through these forums and am not aware of any past tensions that may have happened with Khull and FO, or about him not wanting to report.
Has he been to a camp? I can't quite remember but I thought he was at camp the same year with Jones, Davis, and Lochead... I don't remember him being especially impressive. And I didn't get to see last year's camp. But at 6'1 and 170lbs. I'll be watching him with some interest if he comes in this year. Anyone know what his skating is like? A comparison? Looks like he's had 2 good seasons for Blind River in NOJHL...

For the Hockey #s Geeks like me : Max Khull - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299294