Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,288   Msgs Posted: 111,306   Thread Views: 16,638,559   Online Now: 57
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Perhaps they would be called a "goaltending coach" ?
And i beleive his name is Ryan Ludzig
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Perhaps they would be called a "goaltending coach" ?
Indeed. A fine name, for a fine job.

Now if only one could be found who doesn't let our goalies spend most of their time on their stomachs.

I wrote my original post to be absurd. And I'm sure it went over some people's heads, what I was getting at. It is one of the biggest complaints I hear from this forum, and former hockey friends while watching games, that our goalies spend the majority of their time flipping and flopping around their creases. And that they have glaring holes in their game (high glove-side). Is this not something that should be addressed by our current resident goaltending czar?

Seriously, I understand that his name carries some weight in the region, he's 'famous' whatever that means, a lot of people swear by his coaching as demonstrated on his Testimonials section of his webpage. But... Does anyone feel 100% secure in our goaltending situation? And how much of that is on the goaltending coach? Are our goalies uncoachable? Is he not given the time and resources to help them? Does he not see a problem?

I remember watching practices at the beginning of Stephen Dhillon's tenure here, as well as Colton Incze. They did not flop around like recently landed fish. Incze's 5 hole was pretty well protected, and Dhillon was quick as a cat. And neither gave up the kind of rebounds that make opposing forwards salivate.

I get that the IceDogs won twice and tied this week, so everyone is happy, and such. But we have seen far too many soft, easy, stoppable pucks find twine. Winnable games have slipped away from them. And yes. There are bigger issues around this team. But. This is the one I'm thinking about right now...
Old 11-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Does anyone feel 100% secure in our goaltending situation?.
To answer this question if saying oh god here comes a goal every time they have an open shot against is confidence then yea I have confidence in them......no but seriously I have little confidence in our goalies especially when Dhillon handles the puck Incze is hard to judge with the puck since he rarely plays
Old 11-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

A little nervous when Dhillion handles the puck earlier let in some soft goals but been pretty solid of late and it seems a lot of teams want him judging by the other team fan boards. Can not make any judgment on Incze only saw him live once thought he was okay.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:52 PM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

I only get nervous when he let's in two goals on two shots, and that's only happened a few times, so why worry.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:20 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Having seen this one live and in person, I’d say Dhillon’s biggest problem was getting run over. Had to have been at least 3 times. All with no call, BTW. Falling accidentally-on-purpose. An extra poke, extra slash. Bumping him here and there.
I would submit that that is what the Dogs got Carbonara for. To make opponents pay in dental work for bumping Dhillon.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 10:05 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Having seen this one live and in person, Iíd say Dhillonís biggest problem was getting run over. Had to have been at least 3 times. All with no call, BTW. Falling accidentally-on-purpose. An extra poke, extra slash. Bumping him here and there.
I would submit that that is what the Dogs got Carbonara for. To make opponents pay in dental work for bumping Dhillon.
They got Shankar for that reason as well and I donít remember him get run like that with him in the lineup
Old 11-27-2017, 02:28 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
They got Shankar for that reason as well and I donít remember him get run like that with him in the lineup
And if Shankar wasn't suspension prone. It might have worked out better. But a name (rep) in this league is as bad, or worse than your actual play. Especially since Branch and Co are determined to take all the physicality out of hockey.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:36 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
And if Shankar wasn't suspension prone. It might have worked out better. But a name (rep) in this league is as bad, or worse than your actual play. Especially since Branch and Co are determined to take all the physicality out of hockey.
The other guy mentioned in the post I responded to is also suspension prone
Old 11-27-2017, 10:38 AM
2nd Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Story on win over Mississauga, Bradey Johnson, and week that was

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...mpressive-week
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post: