Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,714,730   Msgs Posted: 132,782   Thread Views: 28,740,554   Online Now: 129
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 06:06 PM

Thanked 3,534 Times in 1,939 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Game Thread Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 18)

The Niagara IceDogs have dropped to the eighth place spot in the East. The team has 35 points and a 0.449 win record. Niagara’s scoring leaders are now Lodnia (21-28), Castleman (16-26) and Butler (12-8), yes really. MacLean is Niagara’s best goalie (based on his Oshawa time primarily) with a 3.79GAA and 0.873SA%.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:45 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,744 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

The new look IceDogs have had their first week of practices, after the firesale, to set up line combinations.

Rarely get this right, but…

LW - Castleman / C- Lodnia / RW Butler
LW - Bruder / C – Peters / RW - Uberti
LW - Doherty / C- Snow / RW - Agostinelli
LW – E.Roberts / C – Sims / RW DeSimone

Elijah Roberts on the LW because…
a. I’m curious.
b. at this point, no real reason to take away development time from the returning 6 dman.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:46 AM
4th Line

Alwayssunny1 will become famous soon enough

I think if anything you would put Howard as a forward, he did well last year putting fear into the opposing DMan causing turnovers.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:24 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,281 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 View Post
I think if anything you would put Howard as a forward, he did well last year putting fear into the opposing DMan causing turnovers.
Agreed. It makes more sense for Howard to move up. He's played there before and it's not like he'll be around when it's time to go for it either.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Agreed. It makes more sense for Howard to move up. He's played there before and it's not like he'll be around when it's time to go for it either.
Actually, Howard could be an OA, when our growing contingent of 02s are 19 year olds.

However, I’m not suggesting that is the right thing to do either – rather, we have seen what Howard can do up front (very below average), but we have never seen what Elijah Roberts can do with that speed - and an opportunity to be primarily an offensive player. At this point, it really doesn’t matter where either one plays – experiment with something that could be "lightning in a bottle". I doubt fans would care either way, since most are not particularly high on Elijah’s defensive game anyways. But who knows
Old 01-15-2020, 11:07 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The new look IceDogs have had their first week of practices, after the firesale, to set up line combinations.

a. I’m curious.
b. at this point, no real reason to take away development time from the returning 6 dman.
I would keep Butler and peters together it’s a development year let them develop chemistry all year since that’s probably the top line next year
Old 01-15-2020, 11:24 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I would keep Butler and peters together it’s a development year let them develop chemistry all year since that’s probably the top line next year
I agree. However, since Butler is on the NHL draft radar - and scouts will be at the games, Lodnia has the ability to elevate Butler’s game and goal production for these last 29 games. Last chance to play to play with Lodnia.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:44 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,222 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I agree. However, since Butler is on the NHL draft radar - and scouts will be at the games, Lodnia has the ability to elevate Butler’s game and goal production for these last 29 games. Last chance to play to play with Lodnia.

Agreed ... U want to pump Butlers tires as much as possible in his draft year, there’s no downside to that .... play him with Lodnia..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2020, 12:45 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:

a. I’m curious.

I looked at this a bit, and honestly, I don't like Lodnia as a center. His f/o game is seriously sub par, not that Peters has been tearing it up either, but I'd rather he got the reps at the faceoff dot, as he WILL be here next season. Uberti would also be a solid choice. And Lodnia (though he can play center) always looks better on the right wing. And really, after the 2nd line, everything else could literally be pulled out of a BINGO machine.

I like Snow's hard charging, fearless play. Though I wish he'd learn to use evasiveness, rather than taking some of the hits he does. I like him as a Center, but in this case, he'd probably have a better game with less to worry about. So the wing is a good spot for the remainder of this year. Bruder is a kid who should be able to step up his game this year and next. He's punching above his weight class (natural talent level), but his hard work is a difference maker. Agostinelli... This kid is a mystery, but as a rookie, he's handling himself well. Can't wait to see him in a couple of years.

Howard would be a menace to other teams on the LW of the 4th line. And this move would free up a spot for another young defender (Cook), Campbell could also be serviceable on the wing here and as a 2ndary C on this line. Theriault is intriguing, but raw (has he reached his ceiling?). Sims could benefit from more play time. Competent faceoff man, and to my sight this season has the bigger upside for the future of the team. DeSimone could be moved to my 3rd line in place of Agostinelli. Like I said, BINGO machine.

LW - Castleman / C - Peters / RW - Lodnia
LW - Doherty / C - Uberti / RW - Butler
LW - Snow / C - Bruder / RW - Agostinelli
LW - Howard/Campbell / C - Theriault/Sims / RW - DeSimone

No matter what, I'd like to see some more chemistry developed quickly between the new players, and the more experienced Dogs. That will come with reps. Spending time together on the ice. Seeing who works better with whom.

Just a bit of brain droppings on a lazy Wednesday morning.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:51 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,222 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

The Wednesday afternoon here is very lazy as well ... as is the rest of the week ... luckily the beer is cold and plentiful and the breeze is warm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread