Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,448    Downloads: 1,213,344   Msgs Posted: 122,065   Thread Views: 21,747,594   Online Now: 100
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio A place to post your photos, videos, audio clips, etc. Any media you can share - please post it in here!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:53 PM
3rd Line

joecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
The Dogs get pushed around far too often. Hishon potentially might not have punched Strome if he thought there would be consequences for his actions. They need someone who scares the opposition. Its a big factor throughout the season and is the only weakness the Dogs have.
I agree that they lack team toughness, but having an enforcer on the team does not scare the opposition. Guys that play the enforcer role do not go after players like Hishon they fight the other enforcers. So again i say having an enforcer on the team would not have stopped Strome getting punched in the mouth.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:11 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
Thursday evening against Owen Sound was another good example of the lack of team toughness the Dogs have. Someone should have fought within one minute of Terrerri getting speedbagged by Zweep. Its embarrassing to get beat up like that in your own building. If the Dogs had an enforcer the play later in the game (cheap shot on Strome) may have never taken place.
I definitely agree. Those old enough to remember the old days remember when guys like Hishon wouldn't try that, because they'd have to answer the bell at some point, either later in that game or in the next game. But we all saw Zweep vs Terreri -- Zweep kind of set the tone that the Attack could get away with more. I think some of those old unwritten rules still apply.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:29 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

So Williamson got 5 games, Strome got a 2min penalty for unsportsmanlike, D.Hamilton got sticked to the face and was spitting blood on the ice. On the other side, the Owen Sound player got his high sticking penalty wiped clean / negated.

yah.. that's fair. That's about as much as I expect from OHL officiating.

edit: oh ok, apparently an Attack player got suspended too.

Could have all been avoided if they just gave the high-sticker 4mins double minor (since there was blood), 2 mins for roughing on his way to the box, Strome 2 mins for unsportsmanlike. Done.

Last edited by AlphaDog; 02-19-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:29 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
So Williamson got 5 games, Strome got a 2min penalty for unsportsmanlike, D.Hamilton got sticked to the face and was spitting blood on the ice. On the other side, the Owen Sound player got his high sticking penalty wiped clean / negated.

yah.. that's fair. That's about as much as I expect from OHL officiating.

edit: oh ok, apparently an Attack player got suspended too.

Could have all been avoided if they just gave the high-sticker 4mins double minor (since there was blood), 2 mins for roughing on his way to the box, Strome 2 mins for unsportsmanlike. Done.
Watching it all, that's how I would have called it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockeyfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats View Post
Looks like Hishon got 6 games
I heard the same thing too.