Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,505   Msgs Posted: 122,197   Thread Views: 21,777,931   Online Now: 99
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:39 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,557 Times in 858 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Great businessman, I think this year will define if he is a great team owner. The fans have spoken out and it was 3 to 1 "sell" on this site but the team bought. Will be an interesting year!

I think what this team needs is an unrelated director of hockey operations or like in the NHL it would be like President of Hockey Operations.

I realize a team at this level probably can’t afford the $$$ for that...but it would need to be someone unrelated to the Burke’s who would have an unbiased view in the direction the team should be going.... he would report to Bill Sr and Joey B would report to him. This guy would be the one responsible for making the ‘this is a buy year’ decision or ‘sorry boys we aren’t good enough we should sell and try for next year etc’ decision. He would have a lot of hockey knowledge and expertise and years involved in jr hockey. Could pretty much guarantee that type of person would not have made a Miltec deal last year.

Instead we are stuck with pa and the boys, who have very little knowledge of how to build a winning team on the ice ... and it really looks like they are going for it this year, simply because they said they were going for it, this year.

Bill Sr has turned out to be a GREAT businessman in building this franchise .... however looking at the lack of banners in the rafters ... this hasn’t translated into realizing the ultimate goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2018, 11:58 PM

Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,567 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
The on ice won’t change him as an owner IMO (at least not until they miss the playoffs a few times or go a much longer stretch without a finals appearance) and if he listened to fans when it comes to buying or selling we wouldn’t have gon to an OHL a few years ago and wouldn’t have a shot at it this year I’m glad he doesn’t listen to the fans when it comes to buying or selling
I wasn't suggesting he should listen to the fans I was merely pointing out the difference between the two for comparison's sake.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:16 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

They had a non Burke in the role of running the hockey operations. His name was Marty Williamson and they won 2 Eastern Conference Championships, lost in the Conference final once and never missed the playoffs in the 6 years he was in charge. The went all in twice only to be beaten by London but they recovered quickly never falling to the bottom of the league in a rebuild. Even this team has a number of players left from Marty's era and drafting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2018, 11:23 AM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
They had a non Burke in the role of running the hockey operations. His name was Marty Williamson and they won 2 Eastern Conference Championships, lost in the Conference final once and never missed the playoffs in the 6 years he was in charge. The went all in twice only to be beaten by London but they recovered quickly never falling to the bottom of the league in a rebuild. Even this team has a number of players left from Marty's era and drafting.
Thank you Mrs. Williamson! Hopefully the current coach learns from your son's mistake and enacts some discipline before he "loses the room" like Marty did.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,557 Times in 858 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post

That’s exactly my point.

They don’t have that anymore.

And I think this next upcoming rebuild will be the most painful to watch ...

Old 11-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
That’s exactly my point.

They don’t have that anymore.

And I think this next upcoming rebuild will be the most painful to watch ...

We’ll see almost everyone thought the last rebuild would be extremely painful and it wasn’t

Last edited by dogs777; 11-25-2018 at 03:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

The last rebuild wasn’t painful because Burke made deals to acquire a ton of draft picks. ALL of those picks just walked out the door in the Robertson deal. The Dogs now have Robertson, Pacquette, their own 1st-rounders, and nothing else for several years to come.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:24 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The last rebuild wasn’t painful because Burke made deals to acquire a ton of draft picks. ALL of those picks just walked out the door in the Robertson deal. The Dogs now have Robertson, Pacquette, their own 1st-rounders, and nothing else for several years to come.
And guess m what he’ll do again in the summer/next year get tons of picks back same �� different rebuilding year. The draft picks helped it be less painful but let’s be honest the fact that they were good enough to still make the playoffs and they were in a lot of games till the end is what really made it not that painful

Last edited by dogs777; 11-26-2018 at 11:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 11:31 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,491 Times in 917 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I am going to put my cyber GM hat on for a moment.

I am still not convinced that our team and the way they play constantly is good enough to win it all. We still need one of two more players. They would not be as expensive as this deal was.

However, I am going to keep a real close eye on what is going on from now to the deadline. At that time, if I still have concerns, I would sell almost everything that is not tied down and start the re-boot.

If we decide that we cannot beat London or even Ottawa in a 7 game series, then let the selling begin.

This is merely my thoughts and I doubt very much that this plan would ever happen.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:51 PM
Rookie

blatz is on a distinguished road

Miss Marty Yet? I'm starting too. Just a question. How would this team be this year if he was still here as Coach/GM? I love the Burkes for what they have done, but let's face it Billy is no Marty nor is current GM. I as I am sure all of you do LOVE THESE DOGS! Just want to see them finally win it all.
We can do it man!
The Following User Says Thank You to blatz For This Useful Post: