Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,489   Msgs Posted: 122,194   Thread Views: 21,777,466   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:43 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
During his post game comments, Billy added the the boys unfortunately took their foot off the gas last night.

Play 60 minutes "balls to the wall boys!"!!!!!!!!!!!
Billy usually tends to agree with whoever asks the question I bet if he leaves out the ďlittle worried there in the thirdĒ Billy says heís happy with the game end of story but again thatís just me Iíd be happy with the third if I was him
Old 11-30-2018, 03:48 PM

Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,566 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Billy usually tends to agree with whoever asks the question I bet if he leaves out the ďlittle worried there in the thirdĒ Billy says heís happy with the game end of story but again thatís just me Iíd be happy with the third if I was him
I think the interviewer asked the question and Billy agreed for the same reason I mentioned it - that's what happened.

You aren't being disloyal to the team by saying it. As a fan though, you want to see that conditioned away so that they continue to win the games they are supposed to win (handily) and not scraping it out in the dying seconds of the third or gifting a lesser team with a point in extra innings. If this team is going to go all the way, it is with good habits that are honed during the regular season.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I think the interviewer asked the question and Billy agreed for the same reason I mentioned it - that's what happened.

You aren't being disloyal to the team by saying it. As a fan though, you want to see that conditioned away so that they continue to win the games they are supposed to win (handily) and not scraping it out in the dying seconds of the third or gifting a lesser team with a point in extra innings. If this team is going to go all the way, it is with good habits that are honed during the regular season.
Billy might’ve agreed for the same reason you mentioned but it’s just something I’ve realized with him and these questions.

As a fan you absolutely want to see them win games they are expected to but as a fan of hockey (especially junior hockey at least in the regular season) you know anything can happen on any night as for them winning handily and not scraping things out that’s just based on opinion I don’t think they scraped it out and they did have a good handle on it (felt this way at 3-1 up) others will see it the other way around

Last edited by dogs777; 11-30-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,566 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Billy mightíve agreed for the same reason you mentioned but itís just something Iíve realized with him and these questions.

As a fan you absolutely want to see them win games they are expected to but as a fan of hockey (especially junior hockey at least in the regular season) you know anything can happen on any night as for them winning handily and not scraping things out thatís just based on opinion I donít think they scraped it out and they did have a good handle on it (felt this way at 3-1 up) others will see it the other way around
Look at how many one-goal losses have happened this season and reflect on the observations in the forum as to the compete level on the team those nights. Had Owen Sound played smart in the third period, I believe they might have caught Niagara. They played the penalty game instead and it was a runaway victory for the IceDogs. If you want a good litmus test, look at the shots on net for both teams in each period.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:36 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Look at how many one-goal losses have happened this season and reflect on the observations in the forum as to the compete level on the team those nights. Had Owen Sound played smart in the third period, I believe they might have caught Niagara. They played the penalty game instead and it was a runaway victory for the IceDogs. If you want a good litmus test, look at the shots on net for both teams in each period.
Again itís all based on the opinions thatís how you feel and in those other games feeling were different I can only talk about how i felt last night and going into the third I said we would win 3 or 4 to 1 based on how I felt that game was going
Old 11-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,491 Times in 917 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I did not ask much from my hockey teams other than is 150% effort on every shift of every game.
The first shift of the game always had to be a good shift that set the pace for the game.

It is way too easy to accept mediocracy and it's also a good way to pick up bad habits

My wife still cannot believe that after all those years, I still pick out mistakes over good plays during games such as a missed check or a turnover that cost goals.

Hockey is a great game and we always hear coaches and player talk of players playing games the right way.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:05 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Sounds like our boys played a full sixty minute game tonight and did not take any of the Rangers crap either.

Nice road win, as this was their second win in Kitchener since the team moved to Niagara.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Big League

I just read these few lines from the Standard article on last night's game in Kitchener.
This is precisely what we have been talking about here.

This time, the Niagara IceDogs didn't take their foot off the gas.

Unlike the night before, when they outshot visiting Owen Sound 15-4 in the first period before being outshot the rest of the way in a home game versus Owen Sound, the IceDogs set the pace the entire time Friday in Kitchener.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,147 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Game Highlights
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...8-niag-7-kit-2

Fight Highlights
https://twitter.com/caitlinsports/st...92656715382784
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 09:22 AM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I just read these few lines from the Standard article on last night's game in Kitchener.
This is precisely what we have been talking about here.

This time, the Niagara IceDogs didn't take their foot off the gas.

Unlike the night before, when they outshot visiting Owen Sound 15-4 in the first period before being outshot the rest of the way in a home game versus Owen Sound, the IceDogs set the pace the entire time Friday in Kitchener.
Whoa whoa, I think dogs777 made it perfectly clear they did not take their foot off the gas that night. It is only everyone's "opinion" that happened: you know, sports experts in the media, on this forum and now in the (sub)Standard, That's it, I should cancel my subscription. How could so many qualified people have it wrong eh dogs777?