Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,978   Msgs Posted: 122,210   Thread Views: 21,785,977   Online Now: 102
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:07 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jason Robertson

Great and interesting tweet from Rod Mawhood this morning about Jason Robertson:

.@OHLIceDogs forward & @DallasStars draft pick Jason Robertson @JasonRob1999 now leads @OHLHockey in scoring http://ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/players/63 The last #Niagara player to finish in the top-5 of league scoring was Andrew Agozzino @aggz09 during the 2011-12 season. http://ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/players/44

Got me thinking after seeing him for a few games where do you think he rates among Agozzino, Strome, etc?
Old 12-01-2018, 10:42 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

He may not have the leadership skills of Aggie but he is certainly equal in skills to any of our previous players. Great acquisition as far as I am concerned. We gave up a lot but got so much back in this deal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 10:53 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
He may not have the leadership skills of Aggie but he is certainly equal in skills to any of our previous players. Great acquisition as far as I am concerned. We gave up a lot but got so much back in this deal.
Crazy to think that Aggy was the last player we had to finish in the top 5 of scoring.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,024 Times in 1,391 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Great and interesting tweet from Rod Mawhood this morning about Jason Robertson:

.@OHLIceDogs forward & @DallasStars draft pick Jason Robertson @JasonRob1999 now leads @OHLHockey in scoring http://ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/players/63 The last #Niagara player to finish in the top-5 of league scoring was Andrew Agozzino @aggz09 during the 2011-12 season. http://ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/players/44

Got me thinking after seeing him for a few games where do you think he rates among Agozzino, Strome, etc?
Better than both IMO, especially Aggie.

I honestly think he's the best player in the league right now. When he came here the third leading scorer on his team had 11 points. Putting up the numbers he was putting up there considering the supporting cast was crazy. In this lineup even with him going to the juniors I think he can win the scoring title. I think he'll be around 2.5-3 points a game the rest of the year. Most were well aware of his ability to put the puck in the net but his passing and stick handling to change passing angles and open up teammates has really stood out. He a great passer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Great pick up for the Dogs love watching him play .
Old 12-01-2018, 01:06 PM
1st Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Can't add much more to what you guys have said. Watching his interviews though, he seems like a well-spoken and very likeable guy. Hard not to cheer for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 06:40 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

I believe we are overlooking Ryan Strome who finished 3rd in OHL scoring in 2010-2011 with 106 points
The Following User Says Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,024 Times in 1,391 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
I believe we are overlooking Ryan Strome who finished 3rd in OHL scoring in 2010-2011 with 106 points
Robertson will play around 60 games this year if he stays healthy I would think and should dwarf those numbers. I would think 60 goals and 130 points or so would not be out of the question. He's well above Strome's scoring pace right now and he was playing with almost no one for most of that time. No disrespect to Strome he was a great OHL player, but I still think Robertson is on another level.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Rookie

Meowinawoofworld will become famous soon enoughMeowinawoofworld will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Robertson will play around 60 games this year if he stays healthy I would think and should dwarf those numbers. I would think 60 goals and 130 points or so would not be out of the question. He's well above Strome's scoring pace right now and he was playing with almost no one for most of that time. No disrespect to Strome he was a great OHL player, but I still think Robertson is on another level.
It might be a little quick to be putting Robertson on another level than Strome - pump the brakes a little. Though he only finished over 100 points once, it was also due to missing games with world juniors that he didn't pass 100 points and end up at the top of the league in scoring. Robertson, though a better goal scorer than Strome, is nowhere near the distributor that Strome was. So let's wait and see, but just enjoy the ride.

Last edited by Meowinawoofworld; 12-02-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Rookie

Meowinawoofworld will become famous soon enoughMeowinawoofworld will become famous soon enough

He's well above Strome's scoring pace right now and he was playing with almost no one for most of that time. No disrespect to Strome he was a great OHL player, but I still think Robertson is on another level.

If you want actual numbers, to compare:

Robertson: 50 pts in 28 games is 1.785 pts/game
Strome: 2012-13 - 94 points in 53 games is 1.774 pts/game

Just enjoy the ride.