Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,400    Downloads: 1,135,372   Msgs Posted: 120,167   Thread Views: 20,686,690   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,061 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Overhead Camera:

Old 01-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

When I first saw it from my seat in 114 I said wow amazing hit and still haven’t seen a good angle to change my mind I’m hoping to see it again while watching the replay of the game (if I can stay awake) but I’ll say this as soon as he didn’t get up I knew it was 5 and a game and he may have been bent over but so was the guy in our last suspension for a head shot

Last edited by dogs777; 01-08-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:38 AM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to all

He didn't do it.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:27 AM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I'm hoping Castleman was pulled from game because he is being traded.
IMO, the guy has regressed this year and is invisible the majority of times.
No chance - he is injured. Will be an important part of this organisation I think moving forward. All these kids go through ups and downs. Look at Philip - had a terrible start to the season and now picked it up.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:43 AM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I was happy with the play of Daniel Nardi... For a quick call up, he filled in well, and did not step on his crank with his ice skates on... Looked over matched by most of the Kingston players, but so did the majority of the team in Black this afternoon. I'm gonna call it a beat down that the boys probably needed after squeaking out a win last night.

Tonight... Like it or not... The better team won...
I agree about Nardi. Tough game for the Dogs as all 3 scratches through injury (Lochead, Johnstone and Schaeffer) would have made the line-up. Issue moving forward is when will these guys be back, as the injury to Castleman and the almost certain suspension of Maksimov puts us short of players at a critical time of the season.

As for the better team winning - for sure. Kingston look really good. The additions of Day, Pu, Valardi and Jones make them a juggernaut. They were much bigger, faster and more skilled than the Dogs. I cannot see anyone (including Hamilton - even if they get Thomas) beating them for the East final. Looking like it will be Kingston vs Sault for the OHL championship as of right now.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:06 AM
2nd Line

TSN turning points yesterday:

1. Breakaway by Jones that was saved by Helvig (who was outstanding). That would have made it 3-2 - they came straight back down and made it 4-1. Huge difference.

2. Head-check by Maksimov - we lose him for the rest of the game and they get 2 goals in the 5 min penalty.

May have been a different game if we had avoided those 2. Still would have lost to a much better team, but would have been respectable.

We also need some better snipers - the goals by Vilardi and Robertson were beautiful to watch.

Robertson has the most shots in the OHL (183 - 4.69 per game). Still much lower than Tippett at a highest rate in the OHL of 6.04/game. Our 2 best are Maksimov at 136 (3.78/game) and then it drops to Jones at 107 (2.82/game). Safe to say we need to shoot more - or create more opportunities to make the shots we make actual convert to goals!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think that they need to be taught how to set up a power play. That is a big part of us not winning games as well. you can't bring the puck in and just pass it anywhere. Set up the umbrella as I like to call it and use Carbonara in front as a screen because there is never no one in front of the net. I'm not sure what coach looks after that but if he has not fixed it by now maybe time to cut him loose.
The Following User Says Thank You to hotdog fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,373 Times in 833 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
I actually think that they need to be taught how to set up a power play. That is a big part of us not winning games as well. you can't bring the puck in and just pass it anywhere. Set up the umbrella as I like to call it and use Carbonara in front as a screen because there is never no one in front of the net. I'm not sure what coach looks after that but if he has not fixed it by now maybe time to cut him loose.
I believe that the assistant not the associate coach that looks after the PP.
But, let's not kid ourselves about this is the staple, in my opinion.
The staff as a whole looks at everything and no matter what, the puck stops at the head coach.

I do really like your suggestion about Carb's setting up shop in front of the net. He would really be a pain in the butt there, as long as he behaves himself.
Because, in my opinion again. "WE DO NOT HAVE A POWERPLAY" and excuse me for the yelling. LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 10:41 AM
1st Line

the dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
I agree about Nardi. Tough game for the Dogs as all 3 scratches through injury (Lochead, Johnstone and Schaeffer) would have made the line-up. Issue moving forward is when will these guys be back, as the injury to Castleman and the almost certain suspension of Maksimov puts us short of players at a critical time of the season.

As for the better team winning - for sure. Kingston look really good. The additions of Day, Pu, Valardi and Jones make them a juggernaut. They were much bigger, faster and more skilled than the Dogs. I cannot see anyone (including Hamilton - even if they get Thomas) beating them for the East final. Looking like it will be Kingston vs Sault for the OHL championship as of right now.
injury to Hiam not Schaeffer.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post

In your opinion, do you see the Little Burke’s being that big, fast and skilled this time next year?