Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,100    Downloads: 821,264   Msgs Posted: 109,809   Thread Views: 16,099,654   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
At this point I don't see them bringing Demin back if he does start to show something
I agree but like I said before because it's a rebuilding year do we really know what type of performance they want out of him
Old 11-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,422 Times in 657 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
... but me personally I'd try to get a 00 for Knott
2016 OHL PRIORITY DRAFT
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/2016-draft/
Old 11-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Aiden Dudas
Old 11-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Aiden Dudas
Quote:
Adam McMaster Tyler tucker Allan Mcshane Kevin Bahl
Old 11-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Adam McMaster Tyler tucker Allan Mcshane Kevin Bahl
McShane isn't going anywhere with the way Erie is playing
Old 11-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Yea I know he's just one of the few guys I would want out of that draft class
Old 11-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Top Prospect

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
That is exactly the type of team and player the Ice Dogs should be targeting. Erie is currently in first - acquiring a talent like Graham Knott could keep them there!
Old 11-07-2016, 02:15 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Some of the comments on here and at the arena make little sense. The team will definitely be much better next season. We will only lose our 2 overagers and Knott will likely be playing AHL. Including Knott, we only have three 19 year olds so they can all come back next season. So we will likely return 22 of our 25 players. We will be much improved next season. Saying we will be worse makes zero sense.

The other thing I keep hearing is how the IceDogs will hopefully make a run for the championship in 3 seasons. In 3 seasons we will be rebuilding again as only 5 players from this year's team (Thomas, MacPherson and 3 OA's) will still be here. With twelve 17 year olds on this team, we will be making a run for it in 2 seasons when all those 17 year olds will be 19.

That means next season we need to be in the upper half of the standings so the players can get a few rounds of playoff experience. To do that we need players like Paquette and Corniel to be here next season helping us win games, which is why they likely won't be traded.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 11-07-2016 at 02:19 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 02:31 PM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
That is exactly the type of team and player the Ice Dogs should be targeting. Erie is currently in first - acquiring a talent like Graham Knott could keep them there!
I would imagine it would be easier to pry a player like McMaster from NB. They know they have a good future player, but he's not a big cog in their game just yet. And a player like Knott, who admittedly CAN go when he wants to, could be a piece that Butler would like if they plan to go deep into the playoffs. Which in the wide open East is a pretty good possibility.

My truth is that it's easier to pick a '99 in a trade, because you've got a better idea what you're getting. In my mind asking for a '00 is going to be problematic. Just to illustrate my point. It's easier to say that you like Austen Keating ( '15 Draft #16 overall ) rather than Giovanni Vallati ('16 Draft #16 overall ). We've seen Keating and how well he developed in one year. Vallati may end up being a greater talent ( doubt it ), but we're more inclined to want the player we've seen a full year of.

I personally don't think Joey Burke is going to get a body and picks for Knott. He might for Paquette because he is more likely to be back next year. But I honestly don't want to see Paquette gone, I think after you trade Mantha, Haydon, Knott and maybe Corneil, you have to have Paquette as your Captain. I could see them holding onto Corneil too, he's not going to fetch enough on the open market to make it worth losing the leadership that he brings. Plus I'd rather hold on to someone like Corneil. I don't think Jones is quite ready to be, a heart and soul of the team, type of player just yet. Remember he's about a year behind on his development still, so the start of this year is still playing catch up.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
The other thing I keep hearing is how the IceDogs will hopefully make a run for the championship in 3 seasons. In 3 seasons we will be rebuilding again...
Just to clarify, 3 seasons means including this year. The normal progression for teams not beginning with the letter L is to start at the bottom - get to the middle - and then get to the top by going "all in"!

You're right - the Ice Dogs return to top is the 2018-2019 season!