Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,100    Downloads: 821,264   Msgs Posted: 109,809   Thread Views: 16,099,625   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:03 PM

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,083 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Given how quick Machala looked what do people think about the following:
Corneil - Jones - Maksimov
Castleman - Thomas - Machala
Tomasino - Philip - Singer
There is no disputing Machala's speed but unless he can incorporate some control or play-making in the offensive zone, I don't see him moving off of the line he is on. Tomassino was fast and played smart, if I was the coach I wouldn't change a thing offensively, other than getting a bigger hook for the fourth line.

Defensively, you need Lochead back and a bit of a shuffle...
Old 09-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder if they will keep the same lines as against Hamilton? Surprised to see Jones moved down to the 2nd line for Thomas? Although it seemed to work, with the "top" line of Corneil-Thomas-Maksimov getting 4 pts (none to Thomas) and the 2nd line of Castleman-Jones-Tomasino getting 6 (all 3 getting pts).

For the top 3 lines?

Will be interesting to see if the coach switches up anything over the 3-in-3.

The lines were effective...why would.they change them.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:36 PM
2nd Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
There is no disputing Machala's speed but unless he can incorporate some control or play-making in the offensive zone, I don't see him moving off of the line he is on. Tomassino was fast and played smart, if I was the coach I wouldn't change a thing offensively, other than getting a bigger hook for the fourth line.

Defensively, you need Lochead back and a bit of a shuffle...
As the saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

It will be interesting to see who is out of the line-up with (if he returns this weekend) Lochead back in.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 PM

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,083 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

MacPherson, Justin
Schaefer, Johnathon
Lochead, William
Somerville, Andrew
Ham, Liam D
Hunter, Drew
Shankar, Zach
Constantinou, Billy
Roberts, Elijah

That's the list, and you won't be sitting Roberts, Shankar or Lochead, so who are the other three you keep and who are the other three you bench?
Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
MacPherson, Justin
Schaefer, Johnathon
Lochead, William
Somerville, Andrew
Ham, Liam D
Hunter, Drew
Shankar, Zach
Constantinou, Billy
Roberts, Elijah

That's the list, and you won't be sitting Roberts, Shankar or Lochead, so who are the other three you keep and who are the other three you bench?
Funny, 2 months ago I didn't think we had enough d men.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of

1 More Sleep

Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Funny, 2 months ago I didn't think we had enough d men.
I don't think the problem is number of Dmen, it's do we have enough quality Dmen.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:28 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wonder if they will keep the same lines as against Hamilton? Surprised to see Jones moved down to the 2nd line for Thomas? Although it seemed to work, with the "top" line of Corneil-Thomas-Maksimov getting 4 pts (none to Thomas) and the 2nd line of Castleman-Jones-Tomasino getting 6 (all 3 getting pts).

For the top 3 lines?

Will be interesting to see if the coach switches up anything over the 3-in-3.
At this point I would also leave the lines as is. But the one potential problem is that our top 3 goal scorers are all on the Thomas line. If this becomes an issue, I would move Machala to the Thomas line and Corneil to the Philip line. Corneil on the Philip line would give that line more scoring. Even though Machala was our leading goal scorer in preseason, I still see him more of a setup man who could give Maksimov and Thomas some good scoring chances.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:41 PM
4th Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
MacPherson, Justin
Schaefer, Johnathon
Lochead, William
Somerville, Andrew
Ham, Liam D
Hunter, Drew
Shankar, Zach
Constantinou, Billy
Roberts, Elijah

mcpherson
schaefer shankar constantinou roberts lockhead if(suspention or injury is over) ham at # 7 spot
Old 09-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
mcpherson
schaefer shankar constantinou roberts lockhead if(suspention or injury is over) ham at # 7 spot
I see lochead on forwafs