Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,097    Downloads: 817,937   Msgs Posted: 109,584   Thread Views: 16,054,944   Online Now: 67
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

My thought are that the OHL is done with the GTA and or any of it's neighbors.
Example: Toronto St. Mike's that played downtown, Brampton having left and Missy, maybe on their way out.
I think that Buffalo would get a team over York.

Would Missy or Hamilton, if they do not renew their leases. Hamilton, according to some of their fans think that a move to Ancaster or Burlington would be what the doctor called for.

I believe that Missy might be a good fit in Gatineau. Travelling to the Sault or Windsor would still be closer than Halifax of Cape Breton for example.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:12 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

There are some that claim people today who live in these large urban centres are losing their sense of community pride. The GTA is a great example of that. Over 5 million people live there yet they can’t gather enough interest for just 1 successful OHL franchise.

Buffalo...the fact that they don’t have a proper OHL facility aside, would they be any different? The only thing going for them is it hasn’t been tried yet like they have in the Toronto area. Buffalo likes to promote itself as having a strong sense of community pride. Maybe they should have a chance to show it.

I don’t know. I’m getting the impression that in these big city centres the only sport that garners any real interest is professional.

My 5 cents.

Last edited by slamr; 10-12-2017 at 02:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2017, 05:49 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to all

Brantford could give the OHL a shot again but would need a new arena $$$. ....Population is 97,000, Metro area 135,000 and close to Hamilton if the Bull dogs choose to move. ... Cornwall has a 5,000 seat arena but small market of 46,000 people , Metro area 60,000. ...just ideas
Old 10-12-2017, 06:36 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
Brantford could give the OHL a shot again but would need a new arena $$$. ....Population is 97,000, Metro area 135,000 and close to Hamilton if the Bull dogs choose to move. ... Cornwall has a 5,000 seat arena but small market of 46,000 people , Metro area 60,000. ...just ideas
Why would Hamilton move. Last year they attracted over 4100 per game. I could see Cornwall with a team. They already have a decent arena and they're isolated enough that they would be the only game in town.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Why would Hamilton move. Last year they attracted over 4100 per game. I could see Cornwall with a team. They already have a decent arena and they're isolated enough that they would be the only game in town.
We i was at the season opener the fans there said that the owner was looking at possibly moving the team to either ancaster or burlington when their lease is up. Ownership isnt happy with the arena management.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2017, 07:31 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Ownership isnt happy with the arena management.
Where have I heard this before?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,139 Times in 632 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
We i was at the season opener the fans there said that the owner was looking at possibly moving the team to either ancaster or burlington when their lease is up. Ownership isnt happy with the arena management.

The arena is too damn big for 4100 people even with the upper section closed off

The atmosphere is like that of a morgue

Put those 4100 in the vault ... u know the rest of the story ...

Five years from now I bet Hamilton isn’t playing in that arena anymore

Just a hunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 08:49 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I could easily see Burlington building an arena. Bet they would get a lot of local corporate support too.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:14 AM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,078 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post

Buffalo...the fact that they donít have a proper OHL facility aside, would they be any different? The only thing going for them is it hasnít been tried yet like they have in the Toronto area. Buffalo likes to promote itself as having a strong sense of community pride. Maybe they should have a chance to show it.

I donít know. Iím getting the impression that in these big city centres the only sport that garners any real interest is professional.

My 5 cents.
Buffalo is a hockey city, there is room for junior hockey if someone builds the arena.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,139 Times in 632 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Thought they recently built a smaller arena in proximity to the NHL arena.

Too lazy to google it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk