Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,754,879   Msgs Posted: 134,091   Thread Views: 30,194,071   Online Now: 111
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Recognizing that the draft process is a team effort, what grade would you assign?
A - team got the best possible results 3 30.00%
B - not bad but could have done better 6 60.00%
C - average results nothing stellar 1 10.00%
D - seriously under-performed 0 0%
F - failure, complete miss 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2020, 10:02 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Swick is the tallest player in this draft and a great skater, just not as skilled as Alfano and Leblanc. Decent player that will definitely be selected in the top half of the draft- and being 6.05 his upside is intriguing to say the least.

If by chance Andrew Leblanc is still there at #26, it's a must selection, and then perhaps Jacob in the next round.
Yeah, 6'5 and 185lbs is what I would call intriguing size. But the IceDogs have picked these kind of big boys before and had them not pan out... I'm thinking Bray Crowder.

Truth is, I love seeing high end Niagara talent play here. Mostly because the more homegrown talent is here, the less there is in other towns, so fewer fans of out of town teams here... lol
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 11:24 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetical question:
Adam tells North Bay he will go there only they acquire Luca.
What does Joey Burke haul in from North Bay for Luca Fantilli?
It better be pretty damn good!!
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 11:35 AM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Or tells north bay he wants to play in Niagara with his brother?
Old 03-22-2020, 11:36 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Hypothetical question:
Luca is a 'bubble OHL Player' I saw some flashes from him at training camp, but there was no way he could make the team last season. I've been hearing good things about his development at his Prep School. But, it's a big jump from Prep School hockey to OHL. Ask Snow...

I mean, if you're talking his value as a player, it's minimal, but if you talk in combination with his brother, then that's another story, but how do you define that? I'd rather make a 'back room deal' with their GM to skip over him at #1, and maybe have them trade us a bag of pucks for a couple of picks or a player to be named later. I mean, we're going to have a few extra D men...

I don't see either happening, it might be time for us to refocus on some of the other names in the Draft. Anyone have a wishlist that starts with a name other than Fantilli?
Old 03-22-2020, 11:42 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,856 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Hypothetical question:
If that were the stipulation to Adam going to NB, instead of the NCAA, the trade is essentially NB acquiring Adam and Luca from Niagara. So what would NB have to give up to make this huge transaction happen? I would think 3 x 2nd would be well worth NB paying to get both Adam and Luca. Short of that price, no deal. It will not effect Adam and Luca as they can play together in the USHL/NCAA. No harm done to their careers either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 11:54 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

A quick look at NB draft data:

2020- one 2nd, one 3rd
2021- two 2nd, two 3rd
2022- one 2nd, two 3rd
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 12:07 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Luca is a 'bubble OHL Player' I saw some flashes from him at training camp, but there was no way he could make the team last season. I've been hearing good things about his development at his Prep School. But, it's a big jump from Prep School hockey to OHL.
If Luca had committed to the IceDogs, he would have made the team coming out of camp. He was equally as impressive as Dakota Betts and out-performed others. Since leaving IceDogs camp, his overall game has evolved significantly. The offensive number are there (35GP – 13G – 29A – 42Pts), but far more impress than that - his play earned him a scholarship at a top NCAA hockey program (University of Michigan). That alone says a lot about his development and ability.

So, NB would be getting one superstar and one quality OHL player, courtesy of the IceDogs. JB has to put an extremely high price on this. Niagara is not obligated to trade Luca, unless of course David Branch steps in to make it happen. I wouldn't put anything past Branch!

Last edited by Blacksox; 03-22-2020 at 12:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
A quick look at NB draft data:

2020- one 2nd, one 3rd
2021- two 2nd, two 3rd
2022- one 2nd, two 3rd

I'd take this for Luca (and Adam)...

2020- one 2nd,
2021- two 2nd

I can't imagine NB would let Adam leave for the NCAA at the cost of 3 x 2nd

Last edited by Blacksox; 03-22-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:22 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
If Luca had committed to the IceDogs, he would have made the team coming out of camp. He was equally as impressive as Dakota Betts and out-performed others. Since leaving IceDogs camp, his overall game has evolved significantly. The offensive number are there (35GP 13G 29A 42Pts), but far more impress than that - his play earned him a scholarship at a top NCAA hockey program (University of Michigan). That alone says a lot about his development and ability.

So, NB would be getting one superstar and one quality OHL player, courtesy of the IceDogs. JB has to put an extremely high price on this. Niagara is not obligated to trade Luca, unless of course David Branch steps in to make it happen. I wouldn't put anything past Branch!

I really didn't see what I wanted from (L) Fantilli in camp. I felt Betts had more grit, and toughness... And that was going to be a huge deciding factor for any Dmen that made the team this year, mostly because I felt the kids were going to need babysitters for the first half of the season... Not denying that (L) Fantilli has had a great season at prep school. But as I mentioned earlier, there is a world of difference between USHS and OHL hockey... Remember that Snow had 46g 55a for 101pts and was a +39 in 57 games at his prep school. And upon making the jump to the OHL he played 57 games, but had only 7g 6a for 13 pts and was a -30. Granted, this year's team was TERRIBLE in the 2nd half. But still a huge drop off (speaking productivity only), he still has the intangibles I love to see. But, there is a huge difference between High School hockey and OHL.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:48 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I'd take this for Luca (and Adam)...

2020- one 2nd,
2021- two 2nd

I can't imagine NB would let Adam leave for the NCAA at the cost of 3 x 2nd

I tend to agree with you on the above.
Next year's seconds would most likely be high picks in the round.