Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,752,168   Msgs Posted: 134,091   Thread Views: 30,187,500   Online Now: 160
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 11:36 AM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Game Thread Niagara IceDogs 2019-2020 (Week 16)

The Niagara IceDogs have dropped to seventh place spot in the East. The team has 31 points and a 0.484 win record. Niagara’s scoring leaders are Tomasino (19-27), Thomas (15-29) and Lodnia (16-19). Christian Sbaraglia has a 4.50GAA and a 0.888SA% after 12 games.

Last edited by NiceDawg; 12-29-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Updated standings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2019, 03:15 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,172 Times in 804 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Lost in overtime in our only meeting with the Petes wish probably should have been a win if we did not take to late lazy penalties in period three , I would like an upset but a point will be nice too.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,244 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post

The Niagara IceDogs have dropped to seventh place spot in the East. The team has 31 points and a 0.484 win record. Niagara’s scoring leaders are Tomasino (19-27), Thomas (15-29) and Lodnia (16-19). Christian Sbaraglia has a 4.50GAA and a 0.888SA% after 12 games.

Wow those are worse than Brent Moran type numbers ... yikes ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

standing room tickets now on sale for new year eve's game with petes
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 07:11 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Once again,,,,, Happy New Year!!

I copied and pasted the following post from last night's game and please, this is not a shot but merely my thoughts on last night's game.

Oh my.. that’s a beatdown.
Two rookie goaltenders, an OHL-leading opponent:
6-1 after one period. What you worry about in a game like this is frustration, and retaliation. This IceDogs team just doesn’t have the talent right now to compete. This is what the Dogs are going to look like, without Akil Thomas, and unfortunately right now, badly injured in net.

My thoughts on this game ... Rosie finds out about 15 minutes prior to the puck drop that he will be starting instead of Sbrags who got hurt in warmups. Rosie is a 16 year old person who will have to make his very first start in the OHL. Unfortunately, he is not mentally prepared to play the game.
Also, his lackadaisical teammates forgot to show up as well and quit on Rosie and the team and the result. we are down 6-1 after the 1st period.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that locker room as I know exactly what went on and was said. The result was....... the team came out to play in the 2nd period.

The bottom line as as stated by another member on another thread,.. Our team won the next two periods by a score of 2-1 along with a disallowed goals due to the once again careless play of a player going offside on his buddies.

As for Thomas, he was not playing in the Kingston game and we should remember that game.

I fully agree that the remainder of the season will for the most part not be pretty after say .... Thomas leaves along with Lodnia with possibly Sopa... but it will not be all doom and gloom.

Imagine our team with the addition of a player like McTavish!!!!
Once again... Happy New Year!!

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 01-01-2020 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Corrected the double Thomas sentence.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,003 Times in 655 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

It just keeps coming back to me.. this is what the Dogs used to do to other teams on a regular basis. They used to smoke other teams just like P-bo just did to them last night.
I was really impressed with the fact that the game didn’t get overly cheap or chippy. No cross- checks to the face, no hits from behind. The Pups just kept on working. Kept on taking the puck to the net and making plays. I don’t think every player on this team that could be traded will be. Whether it’s Kyen Sopa, Ivan Lodnia, it’ll be someone like that who ends up not being traded. The Dogs will still have somebody as a veteran presence to finish out this season.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:53 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
It just keeps coming back to me.. this is what the Dogs used to do to other teams on a regular basis. They used to smoke other teams just like P-bo just did to them last night.
I was really impressed with the fact that the game didnít get overly cheap or chippy. No cross- checks to the face, no hits from behind. The Pups just kept on working. Kept on taking the puck to the net and making plays. I donít think every player on this team that could be traded will be. Whether itís Kyen Sopa, Ivan Lodnia, itíll be someone like that who ends up not being traded. The Dogs will still have somebody as a veteran presence to finish out this season.
I find it hard to disagree with you.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:45 AM
3rd Line

Dawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of light

Like most other posters I think this is the type of play we will be seeing the rest of the year as our youngsters continue to develop. I felt so badly for Rosie and couldnt understand why they would start him in a packed house against a top team (until I heard of the injury to Sprags)...Good for him to stand tall after the first period (where he was hung out to dry on a few of the goals) I just hope his confidence isnt destroyed!

Does anyone know what happened on the slew foot penalty? Can a coach challenge that call? Is it reviewable?or was it just the refs making sure they had the call right (and severely slowing down the game in the process)

Anyone know whats wrong with Roberts? I keep hoping he is being held out pending a trade but unfortunately I dont think so

Happy new year everyone....keep supporting our youngsters!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
Like most other posters I think this is the type of play we will be seeing the rest of the year as our youngsters continue to develop. I felt so badly for Rosie and couldnt understand why they would start him in a packed house against a top team (until I heard of the injury to Sprags)...Good for him to stand tall after the first period (where he was hung out to dry on a few of the goals) I just hope his confidence isnt destroyed!

Does anyone know what happened on the slew foot penalty? Can a coach challenge that call? Is it reviewable?or was it just the refs making sure they had the call right (and severely slowing down the game in the process)

Anyone know whats wrong with Roberts? I keep hoping he is being held out pending a trade but unfortunately I dont think so

Happy new year everyone....keep supporting our youngsters!
On the slew foot I believe I saw somewhere on the OHL site a few weeks ago? That major/Match penalties can be looked at now to make sure they got the right call (it happened last home game as well) I like the idea especially in this league cause the officials suck more often than not. As for the Roberts injury I donít know what it is but I can almost guarantee you heís staying past next Thursday
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 12:43 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,172 Times in 804 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Felt sorry for Josh to bad the defence was not tight for him for the whole game but classy of
the fans to give him a good ovation after period two. Heard Roberts has rib issues just have to bounce back tomorrow night in North Bay we are over due for a victory over them.

Last edited by three dog night; 01-01-2020 at 08:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread