Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,118,007   Msgs Posted: 120,077   Thread Views: 20,622,661   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,055 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
I honestly think we need 2 Fs and 2 Ds to make the Mem Cup. Not sure we have the draft picks to do that, so will likely need to lose some newer draft picks. Which will screw us for 2-3 years.
I agree 4 players needed (maybe 3). If they use the Import draft $$$, they will only need to use their assets to acquire 2 players. And if Josh Norris signs an ELC contract this year better yet.

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-27-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:04 AM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Although I highly doubt both will be around I wouldn’t say you can’t win with whoever people said the same last time they won
I dont understand your post?
So are you saying we can win a champinship,even an eastern championship, with Schaeffer and Langdon as our OA's?
Old 04-28-2018, 12:15 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

[quote=maddog;117599]I dont understand your post?
So are you saying we can win a champinship,even an eastern championship, with Schaeffer and Langdon as our OA's?[/QUOTE
My point was/is we shouldn’t say they can’t win with these guys on the team cause people said that about certain guys on that team but they won the east (for the record I stil think one or both are gone I was just making a point)
Old 04-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I “stinkypeted” that post by not reading or understanding your comment properly 🙂.
Speaking of Voldemort any idea when he's back or if he's back? I was in the penalty box didn't see what happened.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

2018-2019 ICE DOGS ROSTER

Post #1 and #2 UPDATED (July 16, 2018)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 07:07 AM
Big League

Ryan Campbell Update: Sounds like he is healthy and ready to resume playing hockey. He'll be one to keep an eye on at camp. A possible sleeper.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Camb_Hawk...31126836174848
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Big League

Thomas aiming to get bigger, stronger for Kings
by Dan Greenspan / NHL.com Correspondent

The question is: What position will Thomas play when he reaches the NHL?

During the first three scrimmages, Thomas lined up at center, but during the final session played left wing next to Gabe Vilardi.

Mike O'Connell, a senior advisor to Kings general manager Rob Blake who oversees the development camp, said the switch "just happened that way," and Thomas said he doesn't have a preference between the two positions.

https://www.nhl.com/news/akil-thomas...?tid=277729154
Old 08-07-2018, 09:04 AM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Interesting. Would Thomas be more effective for the Dogs as a winger, as he played in his 1st year. A 1st line of Jones at centre with Thomas and Maksimov at wing would be interesting. That would allow Tomasino to be 2nd line centre? But I think that Dogs more likely to go with Jones and Maksimove (+1) and Thomas and Tomasino (+1), with Tomasino as the winger?
Old 08-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Interesting. Would Thomas be more effective for the Dogs as a winger, as he played in his 1st year. A 1st line of Jones at centre with Thomas and Maksimov at wing would be interesting. That would allow Tomasino to be 2nd line centre? But I think that Dogs more likely to go with Jones and Maksimove (+1) and Thomas and Tomasino (+1), with Tomasino as the winger?
Since, Thomas sounds determined to get himself ultimately to 190lbs - is probably targeting centre. So, Tomasino, who had good chemistry with Akil, will probably be his winger this year. Maksimov will partner up Jones.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Big League

Back in April, Coach Billy Burke on “Ice Dogs this Week” with Matt and DJ indicated that the teams projected biggest area of need would be, “ Find players to replace the scoring (and position / LH shot) lost from Miletic and Corneil on the top two lines.”

After watching Kyen Sopa play on the Swiss top line, I don’t want to say with absolute certainty but my first impression is that he could be a top six forward (as in the #6 player). He plays a 200 foot game - aggressive on the forecheck and responsible on the backcheck; good vision – passer; quick release; fast, however, would need to see him live to evaluate his skating ability properly. Important to note: He is a right hand shot who looked very comfortable playing the left side in both games.

So assuming Sopa is the one to replace Corneil on the top two lines – we can probably expect the Ice Dogs to go big and get someone (LF shot) of Miletic’s ability to round out the top six.