Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,742    Downloads: 1,635,215   Msgs Posted: 130,369   Thread Views: 27,139,379   Online Now: 51
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:34 PM
4th Line

7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
As much noise as we can make here, it doesn't matter until Williamson is GONE. Either he steps down, is fired, I don't care. His players have tuned him out; they don't GAS. And if they don't, I don't. My ticket money can be diverted to buy a nice, new Leaf sweater
I'm curious how you know that "his players have tuned him out"
Old 02-21-2016, 07:27 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I feel the Ice Dogs play down to the completion they seem to be a different team against the top guns in most games expect against Kitchener. I am sure in the history of the O there has been team who won championship out of the blue.
Still feel the same after today? Record over last 10 is 3/7

Currently tied for 6/7th with Ottawa - who are rebuilding.

Won't catch Kingston or Barrie and unlikely to catch North Bay (who are rebuilding).

In a "DogFight" with Petes, Missy, Ottawa for 4th-7th.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2016, 09:39 PM

Thanked 3,450 Times in 1,886 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Dogs4 View Post
I'm curious how you know that "his players have tuned him out"
Do you think he told them to give up after the first goal?
Old 02-21-2016, 10:27 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

How do I know players have 'tuned out' Marty Williamson? Mostly b/c of Williamson's statement in the Standard that he 'yells at them until he's blue in the face' and that he said 'I just don't get it', in reference to the fact after all the yelling and stair-running, his players, at least some of them, are still not doing what he's telling them to do. The Dogs still want to play like 20 individuals, and even after all this time, there is still little to no cohesion as a group. That is what tells me we have one of two things at work here: either they're incapable of doing what he's demanding of them, or they are choosing not to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2016, 10:34 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the real disconnect here is that Williamson has players that are repeatedly not listening, yet he keeps rewarding them with ice-time. And there are younger, more eager players that would do anything to get into the lineup, and Williamson has them stapled to the bench.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2016, 11:01 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Here we are sitting in 7th place with 13 games to go and absolutely nothing being done by the Burkes!!!
How can the burkes justify this terrible season and not get a new coach!!
This is a team that had high expectations and the oldest team in the ohl.
How can the burkes not see the team is faltering and must have a new direction behind the bench now, not next year??
Old 02-21-2016, 11:13 PM
Big League

You're preaching to the choir, Maddog.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:47 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,109 Times in 759 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Here we are sitting in 7th place with 13 games to go and absolutely nothing being done by the Burkes!!!
How can the burkes justify this terrible season and not get a new coach!!
This is a team that had high expectations and the oldest team in the ohl.
How can the burkes not see the team is faltering and must have a new direction behind the bench now, not next year??
Ottawa is rebuilding but not North Bay they kept all their stars made no trades I say they stayed Status Quo plus I feel they were into today game for two periods.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:51 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,138 Times in 668 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

I wonder if anyone has stopped to wonder if maybe Marty tried to make moves and just maybe there were no buyers put there that wanted any of these boys therfore leaving him to deal with this mess... just a thought
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2016, 11:56 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

13 games left, probably to late now to do anything. We keep dropping we will play Kingston 1st round, and be out 4 straight. If something is not done by Tuesday then I'm all out.