Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,346   Msgs Posted: 130,466   Thread Views: 27,244,526   Online Now: 116
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:33 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off We Go - Preseason Games

Well, off we go on another adventure. I got home unfortunately just in time to hear the OT/SO, but, oh man it’s so awesome to have hockey back! So many rookies... Brooks & Price, the new PxP crew, sounded really good for a first time out
Another game tomorrow night, can’t wait!
Go Dogs Go, and welcome back everybody!!

Last edited by NiceDawg; 08-31-2019 at 03:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 08:07 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,619 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

For those who were unable to attend the game...

-G-
Both Spragalia and Rozenweig were impressive last night.

“It’s his job to lose”
By Bill Potrecz - August 29, 2019
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/its-his-job-to-lose/

-D-
Howard and Cato hit! Playing in their 1st ohl game Cato and Chanton made a lot of nice defensive plays - and were able to go tape to tape coming out of the d-zone. A few mistakes but not many.

Paquette look and plays like a man amoung boys. He is clearly one of the best Dman in the league. AJ Cook has improved significantly but does not look ready for that step to a full time role in the ohl.

Enright is a talented player but definitely needs to develop physically, in particular his upper body strength. He is not strong on the stick - loses a lot of stick battles. Drew Hunter was a lot like that in his first year. The good news Enright knows it and is in the gym…

Blue-liners made a beeline to the gym
Niagara’s first two draft picks eager to take their game in the OHL level
by Bernd Franke August 30, 2019
https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...ne-to-the-gym/

OA Situation Discussed
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/roberts-ready-to-lead/
The IceDogs may begin the season with all three OA defencemen on the roster if one of them isn’t moved. Teams can have more than three overages on their roster to begin the season but can only dress three for a game. “There is no imminent trade,” Burke said.

-F-
Tomasino and Thomas have team’s full attention when they are skating up ice. The two are more than reason enough to go to the MC this year!

Sopa was good last year - even better this year. Add Bruder to that conversation. Both are far more confident. Castleman has evolved into a top six player or at the very least an outstanding third line player on a contending team.

I’ll be surprised if Jackson Doherty is not a fan favourite soon. He has some skill and plays with an EDGE - even during camp, anyone who took a run at Tomasino, he was right there to give them a "reminder" shot.

You can see the benefits of a rookie playing even 4th line minutes in their rookie season - DeSimone and Uberti. Especially Uberti, do not want to put undue pressure on him, but he looks like someone who could be the potential breakout star this year. If you have not seen him yet, you will be impressed...big, fast, accurate shot and fearless to the net.

Ryan Campbell has skill and very high hockey IQ. Ethan Sims has improved, but again not sure he is ready for a full time role in the ohl.

Did not see enough of the others to comment. All I can tell you: Snow is small and Agostinelli is tall - both skate well enough for this league.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 03:33 PM

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,888 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Anyone going to the game tonight in Fort Erie?
Old 08-31-2019, 03:57 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,204 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Anyone going to the game tonight in Fort Erie?
We are going for dinner and a hockey game.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:26 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me, or are the other teams playing all their starters? This IceDogs team is going to need its veterans, badly. AJ Cook, as a defenceman playing up at forward, has a nice hard shot. Some nice young talent here, but man, are they young. A 6-4 game, not too bad. You wonder how different the team is going to be when they hit it for real.
I think this team is going to get its share of wins, I just don’t know how big that share is going to be. Good enthusiasm, good effort, the experience is just not quite there yet.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:27 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Windsor definitely iced a veteran heavy lineup, that's for sure. It was a cheap night out though.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,619 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Colts at Niagara (August 30th, 2019)
YourTV Niagara

The Niagara IceDogs opened the 2019 preseason against the Barrie Colts. Highlights as well as comments from Head Coach Billy Burke after the game

Old 09-01-2019, 10:14 AM

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,888 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Windsor definitely iced a veteran heavy lineup, that's for sure. It was a cheap night out though.
Different teams at different points in their evolution. Niagara is still trying to figure out what skills their current crop of players bring. To keep strohs entertained, I will first say that Snow, Simms and Cook will likely not crack the lineup. For everyone else, I saw promise with Cato, Chanton, Betts, Enwright and Doherty. The other new arrivals still haven't convinced me either way.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 10:30 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,204 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Different teams at different points in their evolution. Niagara is still trying to figure out what skills their current crop of players bring. To keep strohs entertained, I will first say that Snow, Simms and Cook will likely not crack the lineup. For everyone else, I saw promise with Cato, Chanton, Betts, Enwright and Doherty. The other new arrivals still haven't convinced me either way.
We are pretty much on the same page.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:54 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Not crack the lineup? The Icedogs only have 14 forwards on their roster including 2 OA’s. Once they trade or release one of them, that only gives them 13 forwards. I don’t think we will see anymore cuts at forward unless a defenceman moves up front.

This is why I have always said their depth at forward is weak and they will need to keep one OA forward. This team is shallow on both the backend and upfront.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 09-01-2019 at 01:57 PM.