Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,200   Msgs Posted: 130,453   Thread Views: 27,229,756   Online Now: 92
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
3rd Line

What'sUpDog will become famous soon enough
Default Fix the Sound System for the National Anthem

How many times are we going to see the choirs that come to the games to sing the National Anthems not be heard.
This is the 4th or 5th time its happened. If there is a problem with microphone placement, then have someone from the arena that sets the mic in position and do a test before they sing. Its these kids big day at the arena and they can't be heard.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by What'sUpDog View Post
How many times are we going to see the choirs that come to the games to sing the National Anthems not be heard.
This is the 4th or 5th time its happened. If there is a problem with microphone placement, then have someone from the arena that sets the mic in position and do a test before they sing. Its these kids big day at the arena and they can't be heard.
Personally I can only think of 1 or maybe 2 times where I didn't think the choir was loud enough. It's also on the kids to sing a bit louder too. You don't want the mic too close then have 1 kid screaming into it.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,232 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGameTime View Post
Personally I can only think of 1 or maybe 2 times where I didn't think the choir was loud enough. It's also on the kids to sing a bit louder too. You don't want the mic too close then have 1 kid screaming into it.
Wrong! Almost everytime there is a group of children singing the anthem, nobody hears it.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
2nd Line

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Wrong! Almost everytime there is a group of children singing the anthem, nobody hears it.
Yea, I kind of have to agree here. I don't recall thinking to myself "now these kids are adequately loud"! I've always thought they needed extra decibels... Didn't we discuss this a while back??
Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Serving a Suspension

VERBATIM will become famous soon enough

Maybe everyone should sing along then they wouldn't need a mike.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
3rd Line

Niagara Ice Dogs is on a distinguished road

I'll agree w/ Verbs on this one... The crowd HAS TO START SINGING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM! Sorry for the caps, but it's plain ridiculous that an all Canadian crowd can't make our country and team proud... I'm quite surprised that over half way through the season we haven't picked up on this.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:54 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

There's no national pride left my friend. People just dont care anymore.

(I DO THOUGh!) One of the last few remaining...

I remember back in the days of the St. Catharines Saints where *everyone* used to sing the anthem.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 PM
3rd Line

What'sUpDog will become famous soon enough

Sunday sounds like a good time to start
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Serving a Suspension

VERBATIM will become famous soon enough

Maybe a email to the Burkes or someone will mention it to them , would be very good to be on national tv with the whole arena singing the anthem.
Shall we make so.
Im in and it's not embarrassing to sing people do it everyday.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
All Star

RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice

I like having one single singer instead of a bunch of kids but thats just me.