Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,302   Msgs Posted: 130,456   Thread Views: 27,238,402   Online Now: 120
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 AM
1st Line

MadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura about

Oh ok. so the deal with Daniels (if it exists) is hopefully still in the works. The black and white game sounds like it was good. It sounds like Piva was a good move

Proud Member of the Scott Fletcher Fan Club!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:13 AM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

This is who I think should make the team, based on tonight, since its the only thing ive seen:

Forwards
Friesen (very strong kid, will get better, has very nice wheels)
Aggozzino (looked good, will get better as the season goes on)
Insam (big guy, Caputi type, but will score more goals from about a foot outside the crease I think)
Piva (one of the best players out there)
Bergeron (didnt play today but I have a feeling he'll be around)
Shaw (this kid looks to have some hands)
Middup (impressed me because he worked hard every shift)
Merrett (was pretty unnoticeable tonight but will make the team)
DeSousa (was mixing it up as usual tonight)
Sisca (if he can stop getting injured)
MacEachern (has good hands but gets knocked off the puck too easily)
Andrews (seemed to have something up his backside tonight, played with some sandpaper, I liked it)
Hamilton (didnt really stand out but didnt make any glaring mistakes either, will have a good rookie year)

Defense
Pietrangelo (Duh)
Gilbert (really liked his defensive zone coverage, was a little slow though on some plays)
Schiestel (looked good, could tell he wasnt playing that hard)
McMullen (looked alright didnt make any big mistakes but was expecting more offensively
Fletcher ( played alright defensively, didn't notice him being any faster, but will be on the team I believe, I think he or Day will be traded for scoring)
Traccitto (didn't play very well but was very physical, could be on the bubble when Maione comes back)
Maione (hurt but will make the team)
Day (I left him for last because i dont know if anyone else noticed all the giveaways he had tonight? he will make the team though)

Goaltenders (Yikes!)
Cullen (his quirkyness reminds me a lot of Josh Unice, I know one thing, you won't ever catch the kid napping)
Englbrecht (I was not impressed with his play in the first, somewhat better in the 2nd, i feel bad for goalies in these sorts of games to be honest, I dont think the Dogs want to throw Visentin in the fire just yet)
Coelho (if he is coming to camp then itll be between him and Englbrecht for the number 2 spot)
Old 08-30-2008, 12:26 AM
2nd Line

joe is a jewel in the roughjoe is a jewel in the roughjoe is a jewel in the roughjoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGameTime View Post
This is who I think should make the team, based on tonight, since its the only thing ive seen:

Forwards
Friesen (very strong kid, will get better, has very nice wheels)
Aggozzino (looked good, will get better as the season goes on)
Insam (big guy, Caputi type, but will score more goals from about a foot outside the crease I think)
Piva (one of the best players out there)
Bergeron (didnt play today but I have a feeling he'll be around)
Shaw (this kid looks to have some hands)
Middup (impressed me because he worked hard every shift)
Merrett (was pretty unnoticeable tonight but will make the team)
DeSousa (was mixing it up as usual tonight)
Sisca (if he can stop getting injured)
MacEachern (has good hands but gets knocked off the puck too easily)
Andrews (seemed to have something up his backside tonight, played with some sandpaper, I liked it)
Hamilton (didnt really stand out but didnt make any glaring mistakes either, will have a good rookie year)

Defense
Pietrangelo (Duh)
Gilbert (really liked his defensive zone coverage, was a little slow though on some plays)
Schiestel (looked good, could tell he wasnt playing that hard)
McMullen (looked alright didnt make any big mistakes but was expecting more offensively
Fletcher ( played alright defensively, didn't notice him being any faster, but will be on the team I believe, I think he or Day will be traded for scoring)
Traccitto (didn't play very well but was very physical, could be on the bubble when Maione comes back)
Maione (hurt but will make the team)
Day (I left him for last because i dont know if anyone else noticed all the giveaways he had tonight? he will make the team though)

Goaltenders (Yikes!)
Cullen (his quirkyness reminds me a lot of Josh Unice, I know one thing, you won't ever catch the kid napping)
Englbrecht (I was not impressed with his play in the first, somewhat better in the 2nd, i feel bad for goalies in these sorts of games to be honest, I dont think the Dogs want to throw Visentin in the fire just yet)
Coelho (if he is coming to camp then itll be between him and Englbrecht for the number 2 spot)
I agree with your list, just the OA situation is up in the air I think. All depends on how the goalie situation pans out. I think Berge makes it too. How long can they keep 4 OA's? That's when they make the descion of what's best for the team. 'til then I think the 4 you've listed will stick around.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 AM
2nd Line

joe is a jewel in the roughjoe is a jewel in the roughjoe is a jewel in the roughjoe is a jewel in the rough

Checanese and Bessonov will be used as call ups again when injuries bite.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:38 AM
skatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Was anybody else really impressed with Andrew Shaw tonight? 2007 draft pick, scored a couple goals, was playing on a line with Andrew Merrett. Lots of speed, good hands. Even showed some grit.

Anybody know where he played last season? Can't seem to find anything, other than the fact that he played for Team Canada at the Under 18 Ball hockey tourney.
Junior A trenton i belie ve
Old 08-30-2008, 01:12 AM
4th Line

FightClub87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to FightClub87

What about the Niagara walk on defenceman George Dunn how did he look in tonights game?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Big League

Phil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Was anybody else really impressed with Andrew Shaw tonight? 2007 draft pick, scored a couple goals, was playing on a line with Andrew Merrett. Lots of speed, good hands. Even showed some grit.

Anybody know where he played last season? Can't seem to find anything, other than the fact that he played for Team Canada at the Under 18 Ball hockey tourney.
me and Rio have noticed this kid since day 1 this week. he's not big but he's got good wheels and goes to the net hard. he finishes his checks as well.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 AM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatee View Post
Junior A trenton i belie ve
actually played with the Quinte Red Devils Midget AAA team
Old 08-30-2008, 01:19 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightClub87 View Post
What about the Niagara walk on defenceman George Dunn how did he look in tonights game?
outside of the guys I mentioned no one else really stood out. wasnt overly impressed with Schwindt either
Old 08-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
How did Middup look in the b/w game?

I think that Daniels would be a good addition if we can land him. I'm looking forward to seeing Cullen on Sunday
I've gotta say, I've been impressed with this Middup kid.

He's not that big, but not the smallest dog either....he's got speed to burn, he finishes his checks, and he's got some slick hands...he darts into areas in order to receive a pass on the fly...scored a beauty goal tonight I believe (I think it was him, although, I could be wrong)...pretty sure he made nothers look pretty nasty on a nice move in close, which I believe, was a nice setup from friesen.

Anyways, I think this kid was a steal, and you heard it hear first (and I hope I'm right), I think he'll score 20 goals.