Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,892   Msgs Posted: 130,487   Thread Views: 27,271,681   Online Now: 98
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Margonis View Post
me and Rio have noticed this kid since day 1 this week. he's not big but he's got good wheels and goes to the net hard. he finishes his checks as well.
Shaw does look good....he really got absolutely smoked by Schiestel behind the net...Shaw had his head down...ref didn't call a penalty...

I would have to say, if that was a real game, I think Schiestel would have got a major for boarding or chargin....it was a nasty hit...gotta give the kid credit, he lost his bucket, and got up right away, skated to the bench.

I was watching Foreman on the bench after the hit, I think he said something to Shaw...(like a helpful comment)...and then u could hear cullen saying from the crease "gotta keep your head up!"
Old 08-30-2008, 01:22 AM
3rd Line

What'sUpDog will become famous soon enough

Well as much as I agree on most parts of ItsGameTime I must partially disagree on Traccitto. Yes he didn't have the best game but he threw players around with the greatest of ease. I believe that Reggie has a place on the team. His strength will be a deffinate asset.
Second, I did see the goalie not mentioned, Mark Nothers let in an easy one, but he didn't have a bad game. He moves easily around the net and handles the puck well when he is out of the net. No Dahm mind you but I think that he was the second best goalie out there today behind Cullen.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMann View Post
So who are we looking at for a starter ?
Thats pretty cool that swifty and foreman were there.
Wish I would have saw Swifty there, would have liked to have congratulated him on his contract.

I think Cullen can be a pretty decent goalie...he looked great, looked bad on a wrap around goal, and he played the puck twice outside of the trapezoid (got busted for it once)...but he is very solid, good on his angles, decent rebound control and puck smothering....talks a plenty, which is great....and best of all, this kid looks confident.

Max looked terrible...I only saw the ten minutes he played in the second, he let in two soft goals....did not look confident at all...

I thought Nothers looked alright...

I would have to say (and i Know the Volpe backers will not like this), either of Cullen or Nothers would be a big upgrade over Volpe, IMHO...no wonder they traded Volpe...(best of luck in KW, BTW)
Old 08-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Big League

Phil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond repute

i'll give my scouting report as well...

Cullen has definitely has been the most impressive goalie. good rebound control and reflexes. he's not polished just yet but he's only 17 years old so he's got tons of potential

Gilbert looks very solid. he's big and strong and can skate and he's got a physical side as well now and a good shot. he's going to have a great year

Traccito is looking strong.

Schiestel dominates defensively and offensively so far. if he limits turnovers he'll be excellent. boy can he skate and lead the rush and he's strong now as well.

fletcher definitely improved his skating and i guess he pout on 25lbs. i was down on him before but he's worked hard and with his toughness he serves a purpose more so than bergeron/maciasac. day is stil lreliable and petro out there is hilarious to watch because he's so good.

Expecting johnson Andrews to play well this season. he can still improve and i think will but he's looked very good playing with Insam and piva at times as well. Insam looks big and can skate. Piva has really made a name for himself and his play clearly indicates he's a member of this team and wants to be here.

forgot to mention sisca has improved. he looks a bit stronger and more confident

Last edited by Phil Margonis; 08-30-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMann View Post
Oh ok. so the deal with Daniels (if it exists) is hopefully still in the works. The black and white game sounds like it was good. It sounds like Piva was a good move
Piva will be a fan favorite...I really like his play already...definitely a lock to make the team...a no brainer...another steal by the dogs IMHO.

I wish he was playing with Andrews and Insam again tonight, but looks like maybe they were giving the centres extra shifts, so they didn't play together regularly.

Insam absolutely smoked one off the crossbar, beating Cullen clean, but it didn't go in.... I think Insam could be a keeper..

Andrews also did play with some grit, although, I was a bit disappointed, he looked better in the scrimmages...still looks a lot better than last year.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Team Captain

RE: Traccitto....this guy looks solid back on defense....I really like him a lot....he will be a big d man for us this year...he seems to be tough to knock off the puck, and he plays a real physical brand of hockey...gotta be one of my favs on the blue line.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:34 AM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

One note I noticed on a site that it's Marc Nother not Mark Nothers. At least thats what it said on the website of his team last year
Old 08-30-2008, 02:18 AM
2nd Line

Schtick is just really niceSchtick is just really niceSchtick is just really niceSchtick is just really niceSchtick is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGameTime View Post
One note I noticed on a site that it's Marc Nother not Mark Nothers. At least thats what it said on the website of his team last year

You're right, it is Nother.

Thanks for the breakdown on tonites game everyone.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:23 AM
4th Line

chekibrian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I've gotta say, I've been impressed with this Middup kid.

He's not that big, but not the smallest dog either....he's got speed to burn, he finishes his checks, and he's got some slick hands...he darts into areas in order to receive a pass on the fly...scored a beauty goal tonight I believe (I think it was him, although, I could be wrong)...pretty sure he made nothers look pretty nasty on a nice move in close, which I believe, was a nice setup from friesen.

Anyways, I think this kid was a steal, and you heard it hear first (and I hope I'm right), I think he'll score 20 goals.

I will bet he will score 25 to 30 goals. He was a steal for a 7th rounder, Kingston are clueless. Brampton knew he was solid. He is a pure goal scorer, has some holes in his game but you can't teach goal scoring.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:09 AM
All Star

RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice

Glad to see others are noticing Shaw. Noticed him the first day of camp. Really fast, has an decent set of hands on him and goes to the net. I can see him being a bit of a pesky type player. We'll see how he does in pre-season games. Like everyone I also think Cullen has been by far the best goalie. We'll see how things work out.

In other news Aggy has been practicing being a Lumberjack. Almost took off that guys leg tonight