Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,200   Msgs Posted: 130,453   Thread Views: 27,229,756   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:11 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default GAME REVIEW: Niagara vs. Plymouth (Sep.13/07) 10-1 WIN, BRAWL, 2000+ ATTENDANCE!

What a game!

The IceDogs opened the scoring early in the game, which as been a rarity at home this preseason (hadn't happened yet actually). Then the goals kept coming, and coming. Plymouth eventually showed it's frustration with the massive amount of early penalties they took, but having their GOON (anyone who watched the guy could see he had only one purpose for being in the roster) #30, 6'7" 222lb Mike Yovanic after our star defenceman Alex Peitrangelo. This is when all hell broke loose. Players squared off throwing punches, the 2000+ in attendance were on their feet going wild, then Foreman jumps in join the action (got ejected for it though, but it's great to see him jump right back into the action after coming back from the Oilers camp). When the dust settled a bunch of players were ejected from the game, and the player benches were MUCH more roomy. Eventually the IceDogs pummeling of the Whalers got to their coach, who was also ejected from the game for his antics, much to the joy of the home crowd. The IceDogs ended up with a 10-1 win, the only bad point of the game being the Plymouth goal late in the 3rd period, erasing our hope for a shutout. Mississauga is supposedly our rival this year, but after tonight, mark the Plymouth games on your calendars! Pictures here: http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=319
Old 09-14-2007, 01:23 AM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

Yovanic played (by my count) one shift in the first, and that was only 18 mins into the period. He was clearly sent onto the ice by the coach to instigate a brawl. I dont think Foreman came off the bench. He got a Third Man In penalty. I think Gismondi is the one that came off the bench. The Whalers coach should have been ejected in the second at the time of the brawl. As I said, it was pretty clear he directied his team to try to kick our guys A**es.

Our guys were really winded in the third as we only had 5 skaters on the bench due to ejections and injuries. I hope Beregeron is ok. It would be a big loss if he is gone for an extended period of time. Swift and Beregeron work very very well together.

Does anybody know what the mandatory suspensions are for being third man in and for leaving the bench?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:14 AM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

re: Foreman

Thanks - I meant jumped in 3rd man. Don't know why my fingers typed "off the bench". (that's the problem when I think too far ahead of myself
Old 09-14-2007, 08:51 AM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

I wasn't able to attend last nights game, Anyone have a line-up sheet for the Dogs, as i see Foreman was back?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
All Star

GoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond repute

i listened to the game on the radio... man is sounded WILD in there.... and when the brawl happened...that was great... though about jumping in my car and heading down there.... too bad i missed it.... i guess foreman did a super fly snuka on the guy.... man i wish i was there.....

season opener in days gents... here we go... i think it'll be a sellout...
Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I wasn't able to attend last nights game, Anyone have a line-up sheet for the Dogs, as i see Foreman was back?
Niagara IceDogs
30 Jhase Sniderman
33 Adrian volpe
4 Paul Gismondi
6 Jeff Amadio
8 Alex Friesen
9 Jadran Beljo (didnt see him on the ice or the bench)
11 Michael Swift
12 Jason Bergeron
13 Andrew Merrett
15 Andrew Agozzino
17 Reggie Traccitto
18 Luca Caputi
20 Matthew Sisca
22 Barry Sanderson
23 Vladamir Bessenov
24 Chris DeSousa
25 Jordan Foreman
26 Jay Gilbert
27 Alex Pietrangelo
28 Steven Ceccanese
Old 09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Jadran Beljo was announced as a scratch before the game.
Probably one of the few PA announcements I could actually make out during this game.

My wife couldn't understand anything that was said and we were sitting right under one of the speakers. More tweaking to come, I guess.

BTW...it looked to me like #30 Mike Yovanic of Plymouth (in his limited ice time) was out there to do nothing more than take out Pietrangelo and wasn't taking NO for an answer.
If the coach did send him out for that purpose then he should be suspended. Gotta prove it, I know but it sure looked that way.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Of the 3 games we've seen so far, this was by far the one I would've liked to see a replay of.
So wouldn't you know it, Cogeco doesn't broadcast this one. Figures.:mad:
Old 09-14-2007, 01:18 PM
All Star

GoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond repute

lol ya no kidding...i would like to see it also.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:38 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
Jadran Beljo was announced as a scratch before the game.
Probably one of the few PA announcements I could actually make out during this game.

My wife couldn't understand anything that was said and we were sitting right under one of the speakers. More tweaking to come, I guess.

BTW...it looked to me like #30 Mike Yovanic of Plymouth (in his limited ice time) was out there to do nothing more than take out Pietrangelo and wasn't taking NO for an answer.
If the coach did send him out for that purpose then he should be suspended. Gotta prove it, I know but it sure looked that way.
Yah those speakers were probably set up for when the ceiling was still in. It just echos so much now that you can't make out anything being said. They either need to be pointed differently, or they need some kind of sound dampening material put on the roof, because it's just all echos whenever anyone is talking on the PA.