Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,892   Msgs Posted: 130,487   Thread Views: 27,271,681   Online Now: 125
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
2nd Line

sparkymarky14j will become famous soon enoughsparkymarky14j will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section M View Post
What A Game by DeSousa!!!!!! He was Awesome!!! Vintage DeSousa that we all loved!!! I think he played a great game....
The whole game was so fun, so much happening that I forgot to watch Vis. Great win by the dogs!

Freddie dropping the gloves??....Whatever... After watching the fight again, I counted at least 9 punches from Chris and ZERO for Freddie. No wonder he never fights. As I saw it... Petgrave and Kadri were chatting when Freddie stepped into Kadri and DeSousa just cleared Freddie out from his teammate... Great to see DeSousa stepping up for his teammates!

Full marks to Petgrave for protecting our ice... both the warm-up and 2nd intermission when Knights players were waiting for him to leave first and jumping back on the ice, Petgrave made sure to be last on. Way to go Matt!!!
DeSousa was great!!! My God Section M, were you watching the same game as everyone else? Dogbone 15 put it right, DeSousa is classless. I went to the arena with the intent on not booing 'Sous, but after warmups when he waved his ass at Matty Petgrave and the rest of the 'Dogs, well I figured he deserved everything he got. 'Sous showed no class to the fans that probably would have cut him some slack when he wrote his letter to the fans. He fits in with London. Oh yeah, and his fight with Freddie, well Freddie for his 1st OHL fight did a great job. It wasn't Freddie who had his face ground into the ice when the linesmen split them up. Good job Freddie!!! 'Sous thought he'd pick on Freddie because he is not a fighter. Didn't see him pick on Shawzy. I thought London had more class too, but watching Justin Taylor sit on a chair so he'd show up Matty Petgrave after period 2 showed poor signs of a captain. If this is what London has to offer their team and fans as a captain, well all the more power to you. Also, Nazem Kadri who is one of my favorite players showed that he is a selfish, arrogant whinny brat who with this attitude will not do very well in the NHL. I can see why Brian Burke sent him back. Also, whats with this ref #30? I saw him shaking hands with the Hunters a couple of times. Was twenty dollars passed in the handshake to make sure the calls were against us? Just joking about that, but it sure seemed hokey didn't it? Well, as far as the game goes, the 'Dogs played great! They took the physical game to the Knights and never let up. Kadri was non-existent as well as 'Sous. The big names of London couldn't handle our Ice Dogs and I loved it. Thats 2 times in a row we beat them in our barn. So the mighty Knights didn't look so mighty, did they? Well, next is Windsor and even though we got beat by them last time, we weren't embarrased. So lets go Dogs and put it to them. Very proud of you boys. Keep up the good work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparkymarky14j For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Great thread guys/gals, but please cut down on the name-calling, as that in itself is a bit classless. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 PM
2nd Line

sparkymarky14j will become famous soon enoughsparkymarky14j will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If you watch the replay of the hit, it was shoulder to shoulder, Freisen was twisted up from shooting the puck and thats why he went down hard.
I really think some of you need to watch the game as a game and not a bunch of homers.
So now that Freddie has a fight he is fair game to drop the gloves with anybody in the league now?? Except for the last few games, Freddie has been invisible for the the last two years.... Maybe they have some untapped talent but I hate watching both Hamiltons and all their mistakes. If Freddie can't fight or get physical, maybe he shouldn't be on the ice is big situations, The OHL is a physical game...maybe put Andrews in his spot then...he can take some rough stuff. Poor Freddie.
Wow again!!! Well both Hamilton brothers are GREAT!!! Freddie has scored 5 goals in 2 games and Dougie, well as far as I'm concerned is the most improved player on the team. Since he started at the beginning of the season to now, he has improved greatly. At first I wasn't too kean on Dougie and now I'm a big fan of his. Section M, you must be a London fan and feeling a little sore about the outcome of the game. But keep smiling, you don't have to play us any more this year.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,233 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I really think some of you need to watch the game as a game and not a bunch of homers.
So now that Freddie has a fight he is fair game to drop the gloves with anybody in the league now?? Except for the last few games, Freddie has been invisible for the the last two years.... Maybe they have some untapped talent but I hate watching both Hamiltons and all their mistakes. If Freddie can't fight or get physical, maybe he shouldn't be on the ice is big situations, The OHL is a physical game...maybe put Andrews in his spot then...he can take some rough stuff. Poor Freddie.
You have to be kidding? Hamilton was a 16 year old rookie last year. Desousa only played 10 games his rookie year because he couldn't make the team.

Hamilton is way better defensivley, and has better offensive numbers then Desousa and he's two years younger.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
3rd Line

dogbone15 will become famous soon enough

To the post above, agreed...

[EDIT: BAN GIVEN - FLAMING OTHER USERS **WILL NOT** BE TOLERATED]

and i guess the 2010 NHL Central Scouting thought Freddie was invisible too right?

WRONG.. He's only a first rounder who will most likely go top 20.

What round did DeSousa get drafted in?? ohh yeah, he didnt get drafted at all...

get off this fan site bud your a duster and know nothing about hockey, clearly.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

If we can thank Chris for one thing only it would be in putting life back in the Forum. For that Thanks. Also I missed his waving his butt at the dogs bench after warmups, but if that is true he really has gone downhill in the class department.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 PM
3rd Line

Section M is on a distinguished road

I just checked my ticket and I was at the IceDogs hosting London Knights on Feb 4 2010... Is that the game you people were at? I also re-watched the game at home to see key plays.
DeSousa invisible? I heard boos everytime he was on the ice, so if you didn't notice him....??? He distracted some players and got the crowd going... assignment accomplished!
It is a league spanning 5 years of ages... I guess they should play novice style and have a line of 16, 17,18,19,20 year olds and only play against your age group...I'll send a letter to David Branch and tell him Niagara fans want buzzers to tell the players when to change lines every two minutes so they don't get bothered by the bigger boys... Great suggestion guys!!
Sous is older than Shaw, so by your rules he can't fight him either.

We went to check the jersey raffle last night hoping for a DeSousa game worn and saw the sleeve before the back and it was #13, I had to ask my wife who wears 13!

Yes, before we had a team here I cheered for London and still do now. I still am a fan of The Dogs and cheer for them but mostly because its the local team and the best product without driving an hour.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, before we had a team here I cheered for London and still do now. I still am a fan of The Dogs and cheer for them but mostly because its the local team and the best product without driving an hour.
I know what you mean, I watch the Leafs and think they are good too.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
DogFan

Quote:
I heard boos everytime he was on the ice, so if you didn't notice him....??? He distracted some players and got the crowd going... assignment accomplished!
If that was his assignment maybe Hunter should have given him another one like, score a goal or make a play. He didn't do any of those things. If your about to tell people that that's not his job and London has other players to do that then what was the reason for his trade demands? Send me somewhere where other players can make me look good because I'm not good enough to do it myself?
He was a third line plug last night, plain and simple.
As far as fighting Freddie, hey, they weren't friends when they were on the same team. I know sometimes guys like DeSousa want the skilled guys to show some grit from time to time and they want those guys to stand up for themselves instead of having others do it for them. I also know guys can be envious of another guys, why are they ranked and not me. That can lead to problems.
I didn't mind the scrap until the end. The two shots at Freddie when he was down was cheap. A guy that prides himself on being a "man's hockey player" should know he made his point and moved on. I was actually disappointed another IceDogs player didn't come in a jump DeSousa, I know the situation late in the game made it a tough decision but I also know there were a couple guys on the ice that wouldn't have minded getting a couple shots on DeSousa.
DeSousa will be back in the OHL next year and he will make another trip to Niagara. Maybe next season he may have to answer the bell against a different opponent.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
3rd Line

Reddog is on a distinguished road

Section M
3rd Line

14 seconds away from being a natural hat trick... Good Game Freddie!!!
Loved the pucks!!

I'm just wondering if Section M forgot this post he wrote very recently!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reddog For This Useful Post: