Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,302   Msgs Posted: 130,455   Thread Views: 27,238,277   Online Now: 122
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:17 PM
2nd Line

sparkymarky14j will become famous soon enoughsparkymarky14j will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
It all comes down to the fact that a fighter dropped the gloves and went after a non-fighter, and that never looks good on the fighter. If there's a discussion first and the non-scrapper is more than willing, sure. But DeSousa darted straight for Freddie in that scrum and was throwing them hard before Freddie even really knew what was happening.

I liked DeSousa a lot when he was here, but a veteran scrapper attacking a 2nd-year scorer does NOT bode well in my books. Kudos to Freddie. He could have turtled which is what many players of his style I'm sure would have done, but he didn't turn away.
I will have to say that AlphaDog has summerized the whole thing here. 'Sous can and does fight. Freddie doesn't fight. Freddie did well considering. Even the biased Section M can see that. When 'Sous was here, I thought he should have been made captain. But I'm glad we saw his real colours come through on Thursday and he is with London.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
1st Line

Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light

kudos to freddie for hanging in
Old 02-07-2010, 01:03 AM
3rd Line

Section M is on a distinguished road

Freddie did not "do well" in his "fight" He took 10 punches and gave zero.

I have spoken with a few of The Dogs and at the time, I had asked them about the Liambas hit on Fanelli and do they watch who is on the ice and do they take it easy on a first year player, especially if you are 4th year, Liambas 20, Fanelli 16. They each said that in the game and in the league all players are equal if they are on the same ice. You play the game and not the birth date.

Crosby sucker punching a player off the draw....he should've been suspended. If Colton Orr did that, he would be sitting 20 games.

Taylor Hall Fight Card.
http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights...=9&Season=2010

So Freddie and Taylor can't fight because Hall has 2 fights and Freddie zero.
You people are just as bad as Leaf fans....
Homers.
So Chris left...get over it and appreciate his game just as you loved him in a Dogs jersey, most of you wanting him captain and voting him your favorite Dog of all time!!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
2nd Line

Puckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to all

Freddie's an over 90% student. He'll get through in life by using his smarts and skill. Leave the fighting to the knuckle draggers in the league who don't know how else to handle it when the clock is running down to the last few seconds, and end up on the losing end.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:31 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Section M if you had any clue about the game you would realize that Freddie Hamilton's draft ranking likely went up after Thursday's game. Whether he took one, 10 or 100 shots and gave zero he showed heart! Something DeSousa showed none of when he walked out on his team.
I personally hate the Leafs, and if you watched the performance by Kadri on Thursday night, you could say the Leafs made another questionable 1st round draft pick, but you, Section M, have no freakin' clue of the game.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 AM
3rd Line

DeSousa vs. Hamilton Fight Card.
http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights...52#Fight279152

Looks like others saw the same fight I did.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:57 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Section M if you had any clue about the game you would realize that Freddie Hamilton's draft ranking likely went up after Thursday's game.
Section M, have no freakin' clue of the game.
Then his ranking must have gone down after the Windsor game dragging his ass around. Lazily skating to the bench causing too many men instead of hurrying off the ice, You must skate hard the complete shift until you are ON the bench. Then when Aggie was waiting at the blue line for Freddie to clear the zone with the puck just inside, Freddie dragged his ass getting out and Windsor easily picked it up with Aggie just standing there not being able to touch the puck and they took it down for yet another scoring chance. And thats just two examples. But this should be in the Windsor thread and not here.

Whether I have a clue or not about the game doesn't matter because you don't know me or what I know. Many many people on here know nothing about the game but they watch and are free to express their opinion. We are all fans, some have played pro and some can't skate, doesn't mean anybodies opinion is worth more than the next. I like Chris DeSousa and how he plays, but Freddie is no Gretzky. School grades or money earned from multi million dollar NHL contracts don't make one person better than another. How many of you have met Chris and discovered the type of person he is? He is a great guy and loves his fans. Except for the previous paragraph, I am trying to not insult Freddie because this thread is not about his talent, he has played great the last few games. I am just trying to defend Chris' actions to some homers who have turned two face since the team refused to trade him and he tried to save his career. But we've been over that a thousand times and you hold grudges far too long, he has moved on and so has the team....... Why can't you????
Old 02-07-2010, 02:09 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Maybe Gaborik should not have dropped his gloves to fight (before Carcillo did), if he didn't want to fight. Although I still agree, that Carcillo should not have scrapped him, and I am a Flyers fan...but Gaborik should not have dropped the gloves, and if you watch the replay, he clearly dropped his gloves first.
Maybe Freddie should've dropped his gloves.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
4th Line

Dr. Dre is on a distinguished road

OK, Section M, or should I call you Woofer. Time to move on. Remember that the grass in not always greener - even if your sweater now is.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Just a note, people can use the REPUTATION BUTTON (top right of each post with a check and X mark) to give negative or positive reputation points. If you like what someone's saying, give them +, if not, give them - (it's all anonymous).