Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,247   Msgs Posted: 130,455   Thread Views: 27,232,929   Online Now: 104
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:28 PM
3rd Line

russ will become famous soon enough
Default TV coverage rocks!!!

I watched the game on ch 10 last night. They are doing a great job. The camera work and the commentary is excellent. Where did these guys come from? Who are they? Some funny comments... Too bad the Dogs fell asleep...
Old 10-19-2007, 01:37 PM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
I watched the game on ch 10 last night. They are doing a great job. The camera work and the commentary is excellent. Where did these guys come from? Who are they? Some funny comments... Too bad the Dogs fell asleep...
I ususally rush home to watch the rebroadcast but I didnt watch it last night...

I understand they are volunteers.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 PM
3rd Line

I dont think so. They have some pros doing the games. I heard some of them get paid pretty good for working the games.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:41 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Welcome aboard Russ.

I'm not sure who the crew are, but from what I'm aware of I believe they're a lot of college people taking broadcasting. I'm not sure who the play by play and commentators are though, aside from their names (don't know the background on 'em). Yah they're doing a fine job!

The one thing I WOULD like is for the main Cogeco camera that covers most of the play (the one up top at center ice) to adjust its brightness and contrast levels. Both need to be turned up a bit, as the video is extemely dark compared to other Cogeco broadcasts of other teams. Good camera movement though.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
3rd Line

thanks!! it's great to be here...

ya it is a liitle dark. they need to address that. the arena seems pretty bright.

it's cool can't amke the game at least you can watch on TV.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And if you can make the game, they usually rebroadcast it later that night so you can watch it again!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
thanks!! it's great to be here...

ya it is a liitle dark. they need to address that. the arena seems pretty bright.

And if you get the Super Sports Package you can watch most of the away games on TV too!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I noticed in the home opener, they had the lights on which are attached to the underside of some of the rafters along the top of the stands.

It seemed to me the arena was brighter for that game than last nights game, where I noticed that those lights were not on.

Does anyone notice much of a difference in the darkness/contrast of the game from the season opener broadcast and last nights broadcast?

I don't have cable, so don't have access to the OHL games.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I don't have cable, so don't have access to the OHL games.

No, they've all been very dark as far as the broadcast video goes.

Not ALL cameras though. The ice-level one down in the corner usually run by the blonde girl is fine. Crisp picture, nice and bright. It just seems the ones in the middle are very dark. On TV the crowd area looks almost black, and the ice is a dark greyish/blue'ish colour.

Nothing some filter adjustment can't fix. Like if you see the videos I post on here from that same broadcast, they ice is whiter and brighter. Thank's because I through the video through a filter which corrects all this.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:34 AM
DogFan

As a friend of most of these guys doing the games I'll pass on the feedback. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. To answer some questions, they are all volunteers, most just people from the community. There is a couple Niagara College kids but not many. None of them get paid, they love the team and love to come out. Heck, anyone can volunteer and after some training who knows you could be on the IceDogs TV crew too. To answer the question about the dark picture, I was told it's a lighting problem in the arena. If you look at the bulbs in the lights you can actually see some are different colours of white and some have different light levels. The middle of the ice, especially in the visitor end is very bright and on a pro camera shows up very hot. To compensate for that they have to turn down the levels on the cameras. The trick is to make the bright not to bright and the dark not to dark. Its different from the lower camera because it doesn't get as much light bouncing back up to the lens. You don't see it very much on the close up camera because it's a close up and there is not as much white. The camera in the corner is old and worn out so it doesn't pick up as much colour.
Like I said I am a friend of these guys, I have talked with the guy in charge a couple times about the broadcasts, I'm not making excuses for them but I thought I'd let you guys know there are reasons for the dark pictures.