Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,742    Downloads: 1,635,151   Msgs Posted: 130,359   Thread Views: 27,135,150   Online Now: 98
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:46 AM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't usually come on here and complain BUT I don't understand Billy's blind faith he has in Dhillon. There is a reason why 31 NHL teams have not signed him.I 'm afraid you blew it Joey & Billy. When we were trading we should have got Di Pietro instead of Studnicki and Brassard or at the very least kept Ince who was capable of filling the role as backup. First time in 12 years I am having reservations on renewing my season tickets for next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 08:55 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,200 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I don't usually come on here and complain BUT I don't understand Billy's blind faith he has in Dhillon. There is a reason why 31 NHL teams have not signed him.I 'm afraid you blew it Joey & Billy. When we were trading we should have got Di Pietro instead of Studnicki and Brassard or at the very least kept Ince who was capable of filling the role as backup. First time in 12 years I am having reservations on renewing my season tickets for next year.
Thank you Bulldog as you have read my mind in what you wrote above.
I too am giving some thought about next year's tickets.

I am wondering how an owner can fire the coach and then have a happy Thanksgiving family dinner together. The coaching is the main reason for my thoughts on not renewing next season.
I decided to give the coach lots of time before he lost my support as I feel he deserved a shot. I have come to believe the time has come.
Thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I donít think itís faith is Dhillon I think itís no faith in the guy behind him (at least it is for me)
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,613 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am wondering how an owner can fire the coach and then have a happy Thanksgiving family dinner together. The coaching is the main reason for my thoughts on not renewing next season.
I decided to give the coach lots of time before he lost my support as I feel he deserved a shot. I have come to believe the time has come.
Win or lose this series, do not be surprised if Billy Burke steps down as coach following this season and assumes a role alongside Joey Burke in the hockey operations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,613 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
That’s awesome to see and hear

Glad that the pick has panned out

The lil buries were just as confident with their Halliday pick last year and for some reason that didn’t come to fruition

Anyways I don’t wish for bad things all the time for the Dogs I’m glad he’s going to report

Now for that asinine trade to pan out .... he simply has to be be Dougie Hamilton 2.0

Lol

#nopressure

Stay tuned. The first of several signings by the IceDogs for the up-coming season. A promising future ahead. The winds of change are blowing.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:05 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I donít think itís faith is Dhillon I think itís no faith in the guy behind him (at least it is for me)
I truly believe that the organisation feels that they owe Dhillon for the years that he sat the pines.
Example, he sat his first year in the stands and that was his choice to do so, but, it was so late that he probably, he had no team to go to especially when the Buffalo Jr B team folded for the season.
After that, I was depth behind others such as Moran and so on.
The year that he thought he was going to be the guy in their last run in 2016, they brought in Ned.
That's my thought on this.

Anyway, Incze wanted out if he was not going to play, so, traded away.
They bring in the young rookie and then got cold feet.

So, bring in McGrath (it has been so long since he played, I almost forgot his name) and then, he rots on the bench.

Sad, so very sad. Shame on both Billy and to Joey for allowing it to happen.
Lastly, shame on Mommy and Daddy for the entire thing.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Win or lose this series, do not be surprised if Billy Burke steps down as coach following this season and assumes a role alongside Joey Burke in the hockey operations.
I hope that you are correct on this.
That would make it way more easy to let Brianne hit our credit card for next year's tickets.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was with you on the Cato thing but canít agree on this one Marty got 2 cracks at going all in so regardless of what happens in this series or the next (if we comeback) I think Billy would get the same then if he still doesnít win I can see what you said happening
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,103 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

The only way a Burke isn’t behind the bench or up in the GM office is if two Burke’s aren’t in The owners box.

This series has shown him to be badly out coached .... the playoffs have shown us that he can’t control his players emotions .... and the trade deadline showed us that we can be fleeced over and over again on trades. I also think at least in my opinion, that several officials in this league are tired of Billy’s antics behind the bench .... how many times this year have we seen refs scolding him ... meanwhile I can’t recall this happening very often to visiting coaches this year ...

I will renew my season tickets as I love OHL hockey, it’s a great affordable night out in the dull and dreary months of winter, and I would hate to give up the seating location I sit in ...

But I’ve come to the realization that we likely aren’t going to win the big one with the current Burke brain trust in place ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,923 Times in 1,231 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Stay tuned. The first of several signings by the IceDogs for the up-coming season. A promising future ahead. The winds of change are blowing.
Unless there is a gust of wind behind the bench, they can sign Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid and it wonít make a lick of difference.