Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,247   Msgs Posted: 130,455   Thread Views: 27,232,929   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,203 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default Mikulovich named to Russian Roster for Super Series

I just read on Twitter that Miku has been named to the Russian roster.

Also, a former Ice Dog who came to Canada with Miku , Proptopovich (I think) has also been named to the Russian squad.

Good luck to both
Old 10-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Geez Protopovich is on their team? Their team is that bad? Wow ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,434 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

You haven't seen the kid play in 2.5 years? He's got into a few games in the KHL this year he can't be that bad.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He also made the team last year and didn't look out of place IMO
The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
He also made the team last year and didn't look out of place IMO

If he was that good he would be playing somewhere in the CHL.

Personally I wasn't all that impressed with him in the O.

We will see what he looks like I guess.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:43 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he was that good he would be playing somewhere in the CHL.

Personally I wasn't all that impressed with him in the O.

We will see what he looks like I guess.

He's being PAID, likely good money, to play in the KHL.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
He's being PAID, likely good money, to play in the KHL.

Not trying to be an ass just pointing out the other side to the story...

Show me with proof that he is being paid 'good money' to play in the KHL.

The league isn't exactly world class. I remember reading that North American players were not flocking to that league in large numbers anymore due to the fact that they were actually not being 'paid'.

The proof will be in the pudding ... If he gets drafted by an NHL club this year. I thought his draft year was last year, as I think he's the same age as Miku, (although I may be wrong and I don't feel like checking) ... I don't recall him having been drafted. Russia has no decent draft eligible 18 yo to take his spot on the roster? If not that speaks to the lack of depth in the Russia program.

Check out former icedog 'Vladimir bessonov'...he played 17 mostly forgettable games with the Dogs a while back. I didn't think he could play at the O level. Since then He's had a couple cups of coffee in the KHL. I think that speaks to the quality of the players in that league.

I'm interested to see him play

Old 10-28-2015, 09:27 PM

Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,887 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
1st off let's not get this Russian team confused with the World Junior club. They tend to send over a shell of that team for these games.

My guess is he left with a sour taste in his mouth after not being given much of a chance here and has no desire to be anywhere in this league. When he came over here he was generally regarded as the best or second best '96 forward in Russia. He was drafted 6th in the KHL draft in '13(which is still probably regarded as the worlds second best league). He's shown something somewhere we didn't see here. To just assume that he doesn't belong in the Subway game based on what we saw in limited action as a very young player 2.5 years ago is silly. You basically said the same thing about Dhillon's inclusion on the USA team this past summer based on 151 minutes of action at an age that almost no one plays. So far he looks terrific and will find his way well up on draft lists if he can perform anywhere near this level for an extended period.
You're right, Protopovitch didn't have the skating ability or stamina to keep up with players in the OHL. He struggled and at the conclusion of his time with us he had improved. If he was able to continue that progress then maybe he has indeed blossomed into a good player - worth a look.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:22 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
. You basically said the same thing about Dhillon's inclusion on the USA team this past summer based on 151 minutes of action at an age that almost no one plays. So far he looks terrific and will find his way well up on draft lists if he can perform anywhere near this level for an extended period.

Dhillon has appeared in ten games in his OHL career the jury is still out on him IMHO.

I hope I'm wrong I hope they play Dhillon more than Moran and he proves me wrong. Let's not have him
Climbing draft ranking boards based on a small sample size against less than top tier opponents. That's silly.

I believe I'm correct in my assessment of Protopovich.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dhillon has appeared in ten games in his OHL career the jury is still out on him IMHO.

I hope I'm wrong I hope they play Dhillon more than Moran and he proves me wrong. Let's not have him
Climbing draft ranking boards based on a small sample size against less than top tier opponents. That's silly.

I believe I'm correct in my assessment of Protopovich.

Your right about Dhillon he needs about 5 more games worth of proof to cement himself as a number 1 goalie and I hope Mr. Williamson has the stones to play him. As for Protopovich could be a small pond of non North American players that makes him shine. He will be one to watch.