Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,726,111   Msgs Posted: 133,462   Thread Views: 29,414,481   Online Now: 107
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:31 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Neil Peart memorial at MC

No idea who is playing yet. Tickets on presale right now.

If you want .... here is the presale password. Go to Ticketmaster and use

AF4N

Lots of good seats right now. Presale tickets are selling surprisingly fast.

May Two Four weekend!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 10:32 PM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Why would anyone buy tickets when there is no line-up?
Old 02-27-2020, 06:09 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Why would anyone buy tickets when there is no line-up?
I know. It seems crazy. I bought a pair anyway. I figure, it could be the greatest night ever or the worst night ever. I also would be pissed if somebody big shows up and I missed it.

If it turns out to be a Rush version of the Fyre Festival. At least I can walk home!!!!
Old 02-28-2020, 04:06 AM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Laura Second band playing YYZ, twice.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:05 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Laura Second band playing YYZ, twice.
I have been joking that they will bring out a pair of his drum sticks, put them on a stool and we stare at that for 2 hours.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,802 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
I have been joking that they will bring out a pair of his drum sticks, put them on a stool and we stare at that for 2 hours.
If they announce “New World Men” as the Rush tribute band (from Montreal), get a ticket. Had a chance to see them at the Seneca Queen Theatre – they are outstanding. The Seneca Queen also brought in a tribute called “2112”. Didn’t see them but I was told they were good.

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-28-2020 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,231 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
If they announce ?New World Men? as the Rush tribute band (from Montreal), get a ticket. Had a chance to see them at the Seneca Queen Theatre ? they are outstanding. The Seneca Queen also brought in a tribute called ?2112?. Didn?t see them but I was told they were good.

Are they really going to draw a decent crowd to a 5000 seat arena ?

Are the funds from this going anywhere in particular ? Wonder if it?s a fundraiser for some type of memorial for Neil P at lakeside park?

I am a huge rush fan I will consider going but I would like to see whose performing before I put down my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2020, 02:32 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

Are the funds from this going anywhere in particular ? Wonder if it?s a fundraiser for some type of memorial for Neil P at lakeside park?
Yes. Profits go to cancer charities and the whole thing has the blessing of the Peart family.

Quote:
A Night for Neil The Neil Peart Memorial Celebration will be held on Saturday, May 16th at the Meridian Centre.

In addition to the Overtime Angels charity, the organizations chosen by the Peart Family as beneficiaries of this event are:

St. Catharines Hospital & Walker Cancer Centre
The Juravinski Hospital & Cancer Centre
The Royal Victoria Hospital
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Top Prospect

This thing is over 3/4 sold already. Amazing with no guests announced.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:13 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,802 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Are they really going to draw a decent crowd to a 5000 seat arena ?

I am a huge rush fan I will consider going but I would like to see whose performing before I put down my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as a musical act, there is no way "New World Men" or/and "2112" could fill a 5000 seat venue, but as a part of bigger event "A Night for Neil - a celebration of his life and music" - and to raise money for organizations chosen by the Peart Family themselves, it would not surprise me to discover that people from all across Ontario (maybe even parts of Canada) will congregate in St.Catharines on the May long weekend to a part of this.

According to DE104, sounds like I've got to hurry to get my ticket before our backyard event gets soldout and we're left dealing with scalpers

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: