Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,726,635   Msgs Posted: 133,571   Thread Views: 29,438,917   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,161 Times in 684 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I just think being at home for one of those games will play a factor but who knows I hope I’m wrong and they do take both
Last home game I was at against NB was the 8-2 beatdown they laid on the boys
Old 02-22-2020, 06:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,815 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

With all the high picks JB accumulated this year, being successful on the next 3 - 4 Draft Days will mean a bright future for the IceDogs.

As this young core of 02s and 03s mature into the IceDogs’ first competitive team our departed 1st round picks (00 Thomas, 01 Tomasino) will have graduated from the OHL – the only void left in terms of a missing 1st rounder will be the 02 (L.Moore) for a year - and the 05 from next year’s draft.

Looking ahead a few years, when the IceDogs key core players are the 19 – 18 year old in this league, they will have the following high draft picks coming up behind them:

02s
- 2nd rd: C.Butler
- 2nd rd C.Peters
- 3rd rd: David Guicciardi
- 4th rd: J.Uberti
- 5th rd: C.Snow
- 10th rd: T.Tynan
- 1st rd IMPORT: G.Chanton

03s
- 1st rd: I.Enright
- 3rd rd: L.Cato
- 6th rd: J.Rozensweig
- 8th rd: A.Agostinelli
- 1st rd Import: TBA
* there were also a few other impressive 03s at camp last year *

04s
1st rd: TBA
2nd rd: TBA
3rd rd: TBA

05s

06s
1st rd: TBA

The future IceDogs teams will feature a lot of high draft picks – especially loaded with the 2nd and 3rd round drafted players.
How important are those picks? The OHL drafts in previous years show that many outstanding players are drafted in those rounds. The IceDogs will be without a 2021 1st round pick but past drafts have proven that there are elite players in those 2nd and 3rd rounds as well as the 1st.

It can't be overstate just how import getting these picks right will be, especially when you see the calibre of players available in those rounds. There is a long list of elite players drafted in those second and third rounds of the OHL Draft. Here are only a few notable names: A.Kaliyev, K.Washkurak, M.Vukojevic, J.Quinn, D.Busby, D.Chisholm, N.Serron, J.Ingham, SD-A, C.Hillis, R.Damiani, K.Bahl, D.Giroux, M.Heolscher, M.DiPietro, R.Thomas, J.Paquette, N.Hoenmayer, K.Maksimov, M.Entwhistle, J.Garreffa, B.Neumann, N.Schnarr, etc… It’s an impressive list of players – players that an organization can build a championship team around.

It has been painful to watch these games, after the trade deadline, but with a little time, patience - and good drafting, the fans will eventually be rewarded with a lot of high end talent and the type of team we all envisioned after the firesale!

#promoteBB

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-22-2020 at 08:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 07:47 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,000 Times in 653 Posts
dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Stroh’s, hitting that ‘thanks’ button once is not enough for your post. I literally could not agree more with what you posted. We are part of the faction of fandom here that actually get it. I was really looking fed to the return on the Lodnia trade, and it took me a while to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw that the Dogs chose not to trade him. I’m sure the justification of some would be ‘well, the Dogs HAVE to have someone here that can score!’ To which I would reply, ‘Yeah, they’ll get that with a first overall pick!’
Old 02-22-2020, 08:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,186 Times in 1,233 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Stroh’s, hitting that ‘thanks’ button once is not enough for your post. I literally could not agree more with what you posted. We are part of the faction of fandom here that actually get it. I was really looking fed to the return on the Lodnia trade, and it took me a while to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw that the Dogs chose not to trade him. I’m sure the justification of some would be ‘well, the Dogs HAVE to have someone here that can score!’ To which I would reply, ‘Yeah, they’ll get that with a first overall pick!’

Exactly

The dogs don?t need anyone to score

I doubt Lodnia sells any tickets

And not like they have been tearing it up with him still here

OHLINSIDERS always says the Burke family controls the message sent to the media ... since that question (why is Lodnia still here) apparently didn?t get asked maybe the Standard reporter was afraid of losing his media pass so did not ask

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 02:02 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Lodnia is here because he wants to be here. Or the Wild want him here.

Also, hopefully he helps our young players develop. Plus he is drafted and having drafted players in the dressing room motivates young players to realize they might be one step from the big show.

At the time, maybe to sell some tickets. They probably didn't count on a 12 game losing skid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 02:55 PM

Thanked 3,553 Times in 1,953 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

There are plenty of maybe's surrounding Lodnia. I personally enjoy watching the guy whenever he has the puck on his stick - certainly one of the highlights of this year's team. But the inquisitive side of me definitely wants to know the story.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Rookie

ScatExpat is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I am new here. Who are "the Wild"?
Old 02-23-2020, 03:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,291 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatExpat View Post
Sorry, I am new here. Who are "the Wild"?
The Minnesota Wild are the NHL team that Lodnia is signed with.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:41 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,079 Times in 1,297 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Maybe Lodnia is here because he wants to be here. Or the Wild want him here.

Also, hopefully he helps our young players develop. Plus he is drafted and having drafted players in the dressing room motivates young players to realize they might be one step from the big show.

At the time, maybe to sell some tickets. They probably didn't count on a 12 game losing skid.
Why would the Wild want him in the middle of this gong show? Why would they want him playing under this coach?

Lodnia isn’t selling any tickets. Have you ever heard “I have to go see the Lodnia kid play”?
Old 02-23-2020, 08:48 PM

Thanked 3,553 Times in 1,953 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Have you ever heard “I have to go see the Lodnia kid play”?
I have said that! I actually enjoyed the Lodnia/Castleman/Butler line while it lasted, but you're right - nobody who wasn't already a fan would be coming into the arena to see him.

Lodnia's presence on the team after the deadline remains a mystery.