Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,724,760   Msgs Posted: 133,421   Thread Views: 29,365,430   Online Now: 102
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:24 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,231 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default In Billy (and Joey) We Trust!

Imnot quite ready to throw Joey under the bus as the rebuild had to happen, and we had to go for it last year, so I knew this year was going to be bad, but, this just shows how bad it is, and Im sorry, I think a lot of this rests on the lap of the head coach . I was curious to see the Dogs record since the trade deadline. I knew it was going to be bad, but holy moly, just take a look at these DREADFUL numbers:

Win loss record (ignoring any possible loser points)
2-17 for a .105 win percentage

Goals for / against totals
36 / 111

Goals for avg / against avg
1.89 / 5.84

Differential

Road record
0-8
14 gf / 52 ga
1.75 / 6.50

Home record
2-9
22 gf / 59 ga
2.00 / 5.36

If this pace were to be extrapolated to an entire season lol. Wow!

7-61 = 14 points
(Thankfully this would not be as bad as the OHL record 9 points recorded by the 1996 London Knights). But close! The 99 Icedogs record is also safe - 11 points)

129 goals forward
(This would set a new record - less goals scored than the 144 goals scored by the 2019 Frontenacs)

397 goals against
(No where near the 470 recorded by Windsor in 76 or 555 in 83)

In the Burkes we trust!!!

Ps. And talk about how great of a city this is for junior hockey. In the midst of our worst season ever in a Niagara, we are on pace to have our best season of attendance ever! Put that in your pipe and smoke it Branch!

Go Fronts go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2020, 06:02 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so I knew this year was going to be bad,
We all knew.

- We spent the entire off season talking about how many of our top players were going to be traded for picks at the deadline.

- Multiple times posters said ...we need to rack up the points in the early season if we are going to have a chance at a playoff spot

- I started a poll a month before the season and the results were 22 said we would make the playoffs and 10 said no. Here we are nearing the end of the season and we are right on the bubble.

This is why I don't get the FIRE THE COACH stuff. This season is playing out pretty much like we all expected.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2020, 06:11 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
We all knew.

- We spent the entire off season talking about how many of our top players were going to be traded for picks at the deadline.

- Multiple times posters said ...we need to rack up the points in the early season if we are going to have a chance at a playoff spot

- I started a poll a month before the season and the results were 22 said we would make the playoffs and 10 said no. Here we are nearing the end of the season and we are right on the bubble.

This is why I don't get the FIRE THE COACH stuff. This season is playing out pretty much like we all expected.
Oh come on you get it everyone here gets it (people donít like the fact that Billy is HC even if this was what people expected) they still want to blame him for something
Old 02-17-2020, 06:22 PM

Thanked 3,549 Times in 1,950 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Oh come on you get it everyone here gets it (people donít like the fact that Billy is HC even if this was what people expected) they still want to blame him for something
That's about the size of things. I was one of the few who saw this coming and I still don't think we make the playoffs. I knew this year was going to be bad and it is. The only thing that keeps me chuckling is the hope that somewhere deep down someone is intentionally misdirecting the team they don't accidentally make the playoffs and have to draft higher. Short of standing up in the dressing room and telling the team to do poorly this year so it would help the team next year, how would you achieve that:
  1. Hire a sub-par goaltender
  2. Fail to develop defensive and offensive systems
  3. Draw bench penalties, when any momentum arrives
  4. Demoralize the team during the game
  5. Scramble the lines often

...little things like that make me smile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 07:37 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

So, ND, are you suggesting that Billy Burke(or Joey, I guess)is deliberately directing the IceDogs to lose games? To pull a ‘92 Ottawa Senators, and throw games in order to try and draft 1st overall? If that were true, it would make some sense. Because for sure, at this point, it doesn’t benefit the Dogs to be winning games. The Plan would be working perfectly if Kingston would just cooperate and win some games.
As long as the Dogs don’t themselves start winning and screw themselves over.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:55 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I think it is possible that given the team's present dynamic, finishing lower might be a goal. Whether the team's leadership are encouraging it or doing little to discourage it seem to be within the realm of options. I certainly have no information to suggest it is true, just sitting in the stands with my opinion, speculating.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:55 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
So, ND, are you suggesting that Billy Burke(or Joey, I guess)is deliberately directing the IceDogs to lose games? To pull a Ď92 Ottawa Senators, and throw games in order to try and draft 1st overall? If that were true, it would make some sense. Because for sure, at this point, it doesnít benefit the Dogs to be winning games. The Plan would be working perfectly if Kingston would just cooperate and win some games.
As long as the Dogs donít themselves start winning and screw themselves over.
I donít think billy or Joey would be telling them to lose on purpose but i also donít think theyíll be overly upset about losing this much. I think we are going to screw ourself next weekend against NB at this point I hope we can find a way to lose both our games against them
Old 02-18-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I donít think billy or Joey would be telling them to lose on purpose but i also donít think theyíll be overly upset about losing this much. I think we are going to screw ourself next weekend against NB at this point I hope we can find a way to lose both our games against them
Who said anything about "telling" the players anything? Problem with telling someone to take a dive is that it ends up looking like they took a dive.