Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,738,978   Msgs Posted: 134,065   Thread Views: 30,072,493   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The following information was sent out to season ticket holders:

So according to the IceDogs:
  • The season will start in the fall
  • Two weeks have been added to the end of the season as a precaution
  • Sales have not commenced yet because of fan finances
While I love the optimism, I don't know how realistic this is.
Someone here suggested a date of December 3rd, I believe, and I cannot remember who posted it. Sorry.
And, to me, that sounds more realistic and prudent.
We are a long way from seeing our barn filled with 5300 fans.

As a matter of fact, I was listening to Brian Burke on Sportsnet 590 the fan this morning and he stated once again that until a virus and it works is found, he will not allow his daughter to attend any concerts of other events.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 04-29-2020 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Just added some content.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:34 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
When the season was officially called, the IceDogs sent out this email to STH.

All individual and group tickets for the final two scheduled home games can be exchanged for tickets to any game next season. Season ticket holders can exchange their tickets for 2 tickets next season (per seat/per game). For example, if you have two season tickets, you will receive 4 additional tickets for each unplayed home game. Alternatively, the credit can be applied to next year’s season tickets. Banked season tickets will be honoured, one for one. For example if you have 5 banked tickets from the 2019-2020 season, you will receive 5 additional tickets to the 2020-2021 season.

These ticketing exchanges and renewals will take place once our business office re-opens, which is still to be determined as the situation continues to unfold.
Thanks, not sure how I missed that email.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:35 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,170 Times in 803 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

No fans till January 2021 at the earliest l
Old 05-04-2020, 04:47 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
No fans till January 2021 at the earliest l
Is this a guess or have you heard somewhere they are delaying the season until January. The last I heard on TSN is that they are looking at each team playing 10 home games before Christmas and 24 games after Christmas but that was several weeks ago. They also said both the AHL and CHL will not play without fans.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:35 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,170 Times in 803 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Is this a guess or have you heard somewhere they are delaying the season until January. The last I heard on TSN is that they are looking at each team playing 10 home games before Christmas and 24 games after Christmas but that was several weeks ago. They also said both the AHL and CHL will not play without fans.
Doug Ford said no large crowds for sport events or concerts till 2021.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If this is true. They could let in 300 or 500 fans and maintain social distancing. Maybe have a lottery for season ticket holders.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:32 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Seasons 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
If this is true. They could let in 300 or 500 fans and maintain social distancing. Maybe have a lottery for season ticket holders.
Please explain. How does that work for economics or the League or both? Are you reading the ON Govt playbook?
The Following User Says Thank You to OlDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2020, 03:34 AM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
And each fan spends 10x their average allowance?
Old 05-05-2020, 05:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,203 Times in 1,243 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

If that is the case I would find it difficult to believe the OHL teams would play in empty arenas .

If sports aren?t allowed until 2021 with crowds then play an abbreviated season with fans in attendance starting January 1.

If that had to happen may as well cancel mem cup again too although so much $$$ involved that would be tough to do.

Could you imagine being a team wanting to put together a proposal for next years mem cup under the cloud of this stuff ? Like what kind of crowds would you be talking and how could you possibly expect to make any money ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2020, 08:34 PM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
If that is the case I would find it difficult to believe the OHL teams would play in empty arenas .

If sports aren?t allowed until 2021 with crowds then play an abbreviated season with fans in attendance starting January 1.

If that had to happen may as well cancel mem cup again too although so much $$$ involved that would be tough to do.

Could you imagine being a team wanting to put together a proposal for next years mem cup under the cloud of this stuff ? Like what kind of crowds would you be talking and how could you possibly expect to make any money ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are we talking a fast-forward to the trade deadline? What if COVID-19 resumes next Feb/Mar, do we decide a season based on 2 months? Will STH get refunds if the season doesn't finish? I think we are all ok with rolling over a few games from 2019-20 to next year, but 1/2 a season?? I think the OHL will need to establish a policy before I dip into my wallet!
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: