Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,120,452   Msgs Posted: 120,082   Thread Views: 20,632,656   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:42 AM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
I still realistically want to know if we have enough to get any of these guys? Somebody tell me please
And the answer is "maybe". If the OA has a no-trade and will only accept certain teams, then it is in the selling team's best interest to negotiate fairly. Niagara is not a wealthy team so that doesn't make them an attractive buyer. Those picks we gave up for Miletic may bite us in the bum. They do have the potential to win however, and that makes them a good destination for the player. So if a motivated player on a fair team is the combination we could end up with some of what we need.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we could have a shot at Saigeon. Has stated that he likes playing close to home... If Hamilton decodes to move him that gives us a bit of a bargaining chip
Old 09-22-2018, 12:03 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Two players is a must, three would be the icing on the cake.
I get that but sometimes getting that “icing” does nothing still lot of people thought Kingston added more than they needed to and still didn’t win it and now they are in a few year rebuild instead of just one year
Old 09-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
I still realistically want to know if we have enough to get any of these guys? Somebody tell me please
They should have enough (unless asks are really crazy) but it will really depend on if teams want to trade with us and if the player really wants to come play here
Old 09-22-2018, 12:20 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,055 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
To get the answer Go to “2018-2019!Ice dog roster” thread and check post 197, 195 and 189.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,371 Times in 831 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I get that but sometimes getting that “icing” does nothing still lot of people thought Kingston added more than they needed to and still didn’t win it and now they are in a few year rebuild instead of just one year
Coach Billy stated a short time ago that they would add to the roster,but, the player or players coming in had to be a good fit.
There are many times that team add and the chemistry in their rooms disappears and the team goes down hill from there.

That was my personal thought about all the late additions that Kingston made.

Two players will come here at some point, we can take that to the bank but, unfortunately, a warm body leaving our team might be needed, in my opinion as we do not have the picks that both Ottawa and Oshawa have.

We shall see!
Old 09-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Big League

Quote:
Coach Billy stated a short time ago that they would add to the roster,but, the player or players coming in had to be a good fit.
There are many times that team add and the chemistry in their rooms disappears and the team goes down hill from there.

That was my personal thought about all the late additions that Kingston made.

Two players will come here at some point, we can take that to the bank but, unfortunately, a warm body leaving our team might be needed, in my opinion as we do not have the picks that both Ottawa and Oshawa have.

We shall see!
Problem with what billy said is you can’t truly know if they are a good fit on the team until they are here. As for the warm body leaving we’ll see I’m still not sure
Old 09-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,371 Times in 831 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Problem with what billy said is you can’t truly know if they are a good fit on the team until they are here. As for the warm body leaving we’ll see I’m still not sure
It is my hope that we do not lose a player, but, that is what I fear may happen as it seems to be a trend in the past couple of seasons.

GM Joey has shown us that he can be most creative in dealing with other teams. Hope that this continues.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
To get the answer Go to “2018-2019!Ice dog roster” thread and check post 197, 195 and 189.
And when you get there look for a secret key and take it to post 121 in the Fourgrounds thread.

Drama.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 11:31 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,055 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
It is my hope that we do not lose a player, but, that is what I fear may happen as it seems to be a trend in the past couple of seasons.

GM Joey has shown us that he can be most creative in dealing with other teams. Hope that this continues.
As an example, here was the price tag for the best player in the OHL last year.

Robert Thomas traded for…

2017 1st Rd pick C. McMichael (which would be L. Moore this year).
2 – 2nd
1 – 3rd
However, that one 3rd became a 2nd when Hamilton won the OHL championship.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: