Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,453    Downloads: 1,217,084   Msgs Posted: 122,231   Thread Views: 21,808,024   Online Now: 97
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:55 AM

Thanked 2,872 Times in 1,570 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
22 starts for a back up goalie isnt really that bad when u really think about it.
I would agree with you if that statistic were true. Incze played in 22 games, he was not the starter in that many, just called upon in relief of Dhillon when the score got out of hand. When I have more time to check I can go through those 22 games and see how many of them Incze was in the starting line up. I'd be surprised if it was more than 10.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
6 goals against doesnít say hot hand but the 2 in the point column probably says enough for the coaches to give Dhillon the start (hope Iím wrong though) IF Incze gets a game this weekend I bet itís Friday
I cant imagine that anyone on that bench saturday afternoon was happy with that game on saturday.. yes they showed some offensive flair but noone should be happy with that game... i call it take the 2 points and run
Old 09-27-2018, 10:44 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I would agree with you if that statistic were true. Incze played in 22 games, he was not the starter in that many, just called upon in relief of Dhillon when the score got out of hand. When I have more time to check I can go through those 22 games and see how many of them Incze was in the starting line up. I'd be surprised if it was more than 10.
Based on minutes played per game it looks like 16 or 17 starts.. i could be wrong but its also not an uncommon number of staets for a backup goalie.. i do think he deserved a larger workload down the stretch
Old 09-27-2018, 10:45 AM
1st Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

How do you NOT start Incze tonight and then run with him if he is solid? If he rides the pine for the first few games, you can rest assured he will demand a trade. This should be his big year, if not here, somewhere else. I'd like to see him stay here.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
I cant imagine that anyone on that bench saturday afternoon was happy with that game on saturday.. yes they showed some offensive flair but noone should be happy with that game... i call it take the 2 points and run
Never said they would be happy about it but it was game 1 with limited practice time together so hopefully they are better this weekend. Because the team wasnít great I think Dhillon (who was the original topic) gets the nod tonight
Old 09-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
How do you NOT start Incze tonight and then run with him if he is solid? If he rides the pine for the first few games, you can rest assured he will demand a trade. This should be his big year, if not here, somewhere else. I'd like to see him stay here.
I already said how he might NOT get the start tonight (even though I donít agree with it) Dhillon picked up a W even though it wasnít great so he goes again hope Iím wrong but coaches might look at it this way
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 11:17 AM
1st Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I already said how he might NOT get the start tonight (even though I donít agree with it) Dhillon picked up a W even though it wasnít great so he goes again hope Iím wrong but coaches might look at it this way
We've certainly seen that train of thought from the coaching staff in the past, hope it goes the other way though.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,064 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

I could see Incze get the start tonight and Dhillon get the home opener tomorrow. Whoever plays better gets Saturday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,491 Times in 917 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I could see Incze get the start tonight and Dhillon get the home opener tomorrow. Whoever plays better gets Saturday.
I'm with you on this
Old 09-27-2018, 05:17 PM

Thanked 2,872 Times in 1,570 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I was reading the messages and was formulating my reply and then I read your answer and realized you beat me to it (yet again )!