Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,378   Msgs Posted: 122,188   Thread Views: 21,775,448   Online Now: 46
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:06 AM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Ummm, what the hell was that?
13 minutes of good hockey from the IceDogs.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:36 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,064 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Letís not forget that most of them (the stars) are coming back from NHL camps and guys coming back usually look bad for a bit plus I think the Peteís are a better team then Missy
The ďstarsĒ have been back for a week. The Dogs have a good top 4, not top 6. While Tomasino looks to have a bright future. Iím not sure we can count on a 2nd year player to be a top six guy on a ďcontenderĒ. So, maybe that gives us a good top 4.5. There are probably 10 teams in the league that have a good top 6. To win a championship a team needs a good top 9, solid defence (the Dogs arenít close to having that) and solid goaltending.

Yes, weíre two games in. But, I donít think theyíre nearly as good as most tend to think they are.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 09:05 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

What he said
Old 09-28-2018, 09:12 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,147 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Yes, weíre two games in. But, I donít think theyíre nearly as good as most tend to think they are.
For sure! I think most people on here would agree with you on that point. Ice Dogs fans on this site know they need to add 3 high end players - and with Ham and Hunter out, they are currently 5 players short of being a cup contender.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,489 Times in 916 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
The ďstarsĒ have been back for a week. The Dogs have a good top 4, not top 6. While Tomasino looks to have a bright future. Iím not sure we can count on a 2nd year player to be a top six guy on a ďcontenderĒ. So, maybe that gives us a good top 4.5. There are probably 10 teams in the league that have a good top 6. To win a championship a team needs a good top 9, solid defence (the Dogs arenít close to having that) and solid goaltending.

You have just re-confirmed my thoughts about the need for minimum two very expensive top end players and three would be even better.
If they cannot afford to do this, maybe at the deadline, they need to cut their losses.

We are only two games in though and it is way too soon to consider this thought.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:27 AM
3rd Line

Swifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to behold

Have I missed something? Have Ham and Hunter tured into legit players in the off season and I missed it?..... Iíve been watching Ham for years, he is what he is, def not a game changer. Those two are really going to make us a contender? Iíll just wait and watch. I agree we have 4 top forwards, but the back end, thereís much to be desired and only see 68 moving in the right direction. Take a long look around the O and this team had no reason to be mentioned in top 10 I donít feel. Lots of room for improvement in many aspects as the year moves along, but itís going to cost too much to upgrade player wise. We donít have the picks to trade so that will cost players. And when London starts to form out their squad, I donít think it will be worth it. I hope Iím wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Swifty14 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:

Yes you are right but Iíve seen stars come back (not just talking about this team) and take a few games to get back to normal consistency wise. You might be able to count on Tomasino or you might not itís only been 2 games so who knows Iíve said we should trade for a winger and still think that but even if that happens I think Phillip who looked better last night will drop not Tomasino. As for the D itís not great now but hopefully Ham and Hunter can get back soon and we can see what they actually look like
Old 09-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty14 View Post
Have I missed something? Have Ham and Hunter tured into legit players in the off season and I missed it?..... Iíve been watching Ham for years, he is what he is, def not a game changer. Those two are really going to make us a contender? Iíll just wait and watch. I agree we have 4 top forwards, but the back end, thereís much to be desired and only see 68 moving in the right direction. Take a long look around the O and this team had no reason to be mentioned in top 10 I donít feel. Lots of room for improvement in many aspects as the year moves along, but itís going to cost too much to upgrade player wise. We donít have the picks to trade so that will cost players. And when London starts to form out their squad, I donít think it will be worth it. I hope Iím wrong.
Who said Ham and Hunter were game changers cause they arenít but they along with whoever else they get in a trade could definitely help
Old 09-28-2018, 11:56 AM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

This team getting 2-3 more players won't fix things enough to win a Mem cup unless there going to help coaching as well.The players are only part of the issue coaching is just as much a problem sorry. The choices made of how guys are played and that they can't adjust to change a outcome other than play Thomas and Roberts the whole game shows subpar abilities.our one D that should not even be on the team must have got a assist on Petes game winner and then our coaches must have also got a assist on the 2nd goal with the line change...then when they put 6 forwards out was like watching a kids house league game. The one thing I did notice was Petes are a better structured team without Hull. Say what you want about Marty but since he left we have coaching issues that keep getting worse.having talent is one thing knowing how to use it is different.

Last edited by Ohlfan1993; 09-28-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:22 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
This team getting 2-3 more players won't fix things enough to win a Mem cup unless there going to help coaching as well.The players are only part of the issue coaching is just as much a problem sorry. The choices made of how guys are played and that they can't adjust to change a outcome other than play Thomas and Roberts the whole game shows subpar abilities.our one D that should not even be on the team must have got a assist on Petes game winner and then our coaches must have also got a assist on the 2nd goal with the line change...then when they put 6 forwards out was like watching a kids house league game. The one thing I did notice was Petes are a better structured team without Hull. Say what you want about Marty but since he left we have coaching issues that keep getting worse.having talent is one thing knowing how to use it is different.
Line changes are on the players just as much as the coaches when did they have 6 forwards out at once did I miss something?