Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,870   Msgs Posted: 122,210   Thread Views: 21,784,266   Online Now: 92
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I really don't care if Dhillon let's in a bad goal her or there during the regular season or has a stinker now and then.
I get why you and others may have this view but people should care because bad goals and stinker games by the goalie can cost your team games/points which could hurt the team in the standings especially when it comes to trying to avoid a team early in the playoffs
Old 10-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I really don't care if Dhillon let's in a bad goal her or there during the regular season or has a stinker now and then. He has proven he is a money goalie in the playoffs. Anyone that has watched him the last two years in the playoffs had to have noticed he is a totally different goalie when it matters. He is the only reason the Hamilton series was a close as it was. Hamilton outplayed Niagara for very long stretches, they put upwards of 50 shots a game at Dhillon. He was a rock.

As much as I like the way Incze has played, I like the devil you know much better than the devil you don't. I'm not ready to put all the eggs in the basket of someone we haven't been tested in the playoffs.

If they can sign the Sbaraglia then trade Incze it would make the most sense. Having said that.... any team that is willing to trade for an OA goalie in Dhillon or a 19 year old goalie in Inzce IMO would also be in a "go for it" year. So, it's unlikely the Dogs would get a player back that could help them this year. Any trade would probably be for picks. IIRC, unless the rule has changed, the OHL put in a rule a few years back that any picks acquired could not be flipped in the same calendar year. If the that is indeed the way it is, it's unlikely they would get a player and they wouldn't be able to use any picks they receive this year. Tough spot.

Rarely in the OHL do you see two teams "going for it" trade player for player. Should be interesting.

Zero arguments on Dhillon. He's probably the 3rd or 4th best goalie that I've seen the last couple of years. He can steal a game when needed. Sure the odd 'softie' gets by him, but that happens to everyone who steps between the pipes. I think trading Dhillon would be a HUGE mistake, unless the return was exceptional. Incidentally, Dhillon went down awkwardly on Friday night in the 3rd. Watching Dhillon take warmups on Saturday, looked a lot like he's got an issue on his left side, maybe hip flexor? Anyone see or hear anything. Pretty sure he's not 100%.

Incze has at least proved himself as a capable backup who is ready to be given a chance as a starter. He's looked really good, and seems to have a good attitude/mentality.

Schotter had ok numbers on a pretty dismal Welland squad last year, but looked good in camp. Would be interested to see him get into an OHL game. But as of now, that looks like a long shot.

Tynan looked good as well. Glad he's going to get some reps in NCDC. Still hoping to see some video of him playing there.

Sbaraglia didn't exactly tear up the USHL last year... I would have liked to see him in camp this year. I might have a better feel for who he is as a goalie. From all reports he's got potential, but couldn't find much game video of him on youtube but what I saw looked pretty good. My concern is, does he really have the trade value that Incze might have?

In that scenario of trading Incze, and signing Sbaraglia, how does that affect the depth chart in net. Do you see Schotter as a viable #2? Or do you use Sbaraglia as the #2 and Schotter remains your 'emergency' guy.

To my way of thinking keeping Incze and trying to make him happy with a good amount of starts (especially down the stretch) would be the ideal (though, at this point is it possible?). It seemed like Dhillon is a bit worn out when the playoffs hit last year. So having Incze here is good insurance. Assuming they can placate him with enough starts. Maybe sit both boys down and explain to Dhillon that he's more valuable to the team if he's healthy, rested, and has a backup who is tested. And explain to Incze that more teams will see him if he stays here to be Dhillon's backup.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,491 Times in 917 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

While on the North Bay topic, I just read where Stan Butler saw the Oshawa team Doctor prior to yesterday's game and stepped away from the bench.
He stated that he would take the day off and sort some things out.

It is my hope that Stan is able to take care of his issues and return to the team in some form or another. Maybe, it might be time for him to give up the daily chores of being a Head Coach and concentrate on the General Manager's duties.

Either way. We wish all the best and good luck...

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 10-01-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
While on the North Bay topic, I just read where Stan Butler saw the Oshawa team Doctor prior to yesterday's game and stepped away from the bench.
He stated that he would take the day off and sort some things out.

It is my hope that Stan is able to take care of his issues and return to the team in some form or another. Maybe, it might be time for him to give up the daily chores of being a Head Coach and concentrate on the General Manager's duties.

Either way. We wish all the best and good luck...
Absolutely, Mr Butler has been a great foil to the IceDogs, but this is life. I hope he takes care of himself, and gets healthy. Nothing is more important than personal health.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,567 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I get why you and others may have this view but people should care because bad goals and stinker games by the goalie can cost your team games/points which could hurt the team in the standings especially when it comes to trying to avoid a team early in the playoffs
The failure has been on the part of the coaching staff. If a bunch of amateurs can recognize Dhillon is having an off night, so should the people on the bench. Pull him early, rally the troops and move forward. It happens, but hoping he can pull himself out of a tailspin with a four or five goal deficit, helps no one.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Dhillon looked like his old self Friday especially in period three
Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The failure has been on the part of the coaching staff. If a bunch of amateurs can recognize Dhillon is having an off night, so should the people on the bench. Pull him early, rally the troops and move forward. It happens, but hoping he can pull himself out of a tailspin with a four or five goal deficit, helps no one.
No point in pulling the goalie when you are already down 4-5 goals and I prefer the you got us in this mess so now play better and get us out of it mentally when a game is long gone
Old 10-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Dhillon looked like his old self Friday especially in period three
He was good but I find with him he has a few good games then a few ify ones so letís hope that doesnít happen this year
Old 10-01-2018, 06:23 PM

Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,567 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
No point in pulling the goalie when you are already down 4-5 goals and I prefer the you got us in this mess so now play better and get us out of it mentally when a game is long gone
No, I am saying when you recognize he is not having a good night you pull him early. Our current bench bosses have left him in place until the score was upside down and then threw Incze in at the end. If Dhillon gets a couple of soft goals in on him at the start of the game, make him the backup, he doesn't seem to rally.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
No, I am saying when you recognize he is not having a good night you pull him early. Our current bench bosses have left him in place until the score was upside down and then threw Incze in at the end. If Dhillon gets a couple of soft goals in on him at the start of the game, make him the backup, he doesn't seem to rally.
I think theyíll do that this year but I honestly donít think they trusted Incze enough to do that in previous years