Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,353   Msgs Posted: 122,188   Thread Views: 21,775,147   Online Now: 55
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:58 PM

Thanked 2,859 Times in 1,565 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
I would like to see the song before the beginning of the game changed. That song by whatever girl (I think it is the same one that wrote the last song for the dogs and she was from Niagara Falls) signing is so not the song for the ice dogs. I sounds so karaoke. I have also noticed that bones is not in the crowd to much anymore. I think the only time I see him is when he is handing out birthday cards.
That whole piece is depressing... the empty seats, the walkways with no one on them, looks as though they filmed it when St. Catharines was asleep.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:02 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
That whole piece is depressing... the empty seats, the walkways with no one on them, looks as though they filmed it when St. Catharines was asleep.
And please when and if you do it over again, make sure you get someone to announce it that we can understand maybe Rod or something. I have no idea what they are saying in the video.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I think the empty building for the video is for dramatic effect like a new era for St.Catharines.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 11:58 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
And please when and if you do it over again, make sure you get someone to announce it that we can understand maybe Rod or something. I have no idea what they are saying in the video.
Maybe captioning it... The audio on it is so loud in some parts of the building ( especially with people still standing around and talking ) it is majorly distorted... I think I've only heard it clearly once or twice...
Old 01-27-2015, 12:17 AM
2nd Line

Thanked 1,070 Times in 400 Posts
LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I just wish there was a way to make them less (and I hate to use this word) pointless. Like you said, maybe trying to pump up the crowd, or maybe we'd need a different group of girls for that. Most of the time when they're not dancing, they're standing around looking bored.
I attend a lot of hockey games in various leagues and I don't think I have ever seen cheerleaders pumping up the crowd. In almost all cases, the cheerleaders are part of the promotional team, meaning they help with T-shirt tosses and giveaways in the crowd. This is exactly what the IceDogs cheerleaders do as well.

If you want to pump up the crowd, you need someone like that Cameron guy. Someone who is loud and outgoing and isn't easily embarrassed. But those type of people are difficult to find.

Last edited by LocalSportsReport; 01-27-2015 at 12:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LocalSportsReport For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalSportsReport View Post
I attend a lot of hockey games in various leagues and I don't think I have ever seen cheerleaders pumping up the crowd. In almost all cases, the cheerleaders are part of the promotional team, meaning they help with T-shirt tosses and giveaways in the crowd. This is exactly what the IceDogs cheerleaders do as well.

If you want to pump up the crowd, you need someone like that Cameron guy. Someone who is loud and outgoing and isn't easily embarrassed. But those type of people are difficult to find.
I think even a t-shirt toss once in a while might pump people up more than the pointless gyrating, that only about 10% of the audience can see most of the time.... I'm not saying that they need to do dance routines at center ice like basketball cheerleaders... But, something is better than nothing...

You want to find someone loud, outgoing, who doesn't mind making a fool of themselves... Brock has a Theater Arts Department... Hire a student...
Old 01-27-2015, 06:20 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
As a hardcore fan and many others who are not on this forum who have asked me to post this..
Do you have to sound the horn during intermission, when the kids score..
There are alot of people standing, walking at that end during intermission and i have seen people jump and get the crap scared out of them when it sounds during intermission..i'm not kidding you
Problem would be solved if the horn was put in middle of rink...can't SMG put the horns in the middle?
Or if not, can you refrain from sounding horn during intermission?
I second that motion. When the play is on during the Dogs game, people expect it. When it happens during intermission while many are not paying attention, it just startles the crap out of most people.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
3rd Line

DogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura about

Finally got back to another game after a month so I wanted to bump this thread. I think you guys at Fourgrounds do a great job. I know it's hard to get the crowd into it at a larger facility, but don't stop trying. I like that you keep adding things over each game. I noticed the lights down when I walked in and I Loved, Loved, Loved it. Actually felt like a big league venue when I walked in... I hope this is permanent.

Only things I can add is to reiterate what others were saying about the video "This is our house" It is very well done, but please don't be afraid to tweak it and add some current video. And I absolutely hate the song at the end... it literally deflates the build up of the video. There are definitely more up-tempo and powerful songs that get the crowd ready for the introduction of the team.

This leads me the the introduction of the team... wow that needs work. I'm gonna go a little gimmicky and NHL here but can we add spotlights off the catwalk for the introduction, (also could be used when we score) maybe add a big inflatable Bones where they enter the ice, and can you pick a song that just ignites the crowd? Maybe Back in Black for the new home uniforms? I know it's played to death in arenas but it pumps people up. The crowd is just dead every time they're introduced. That should be when we start getting pumped for the game. One last thing and I know this has nothing to do with you guys, but I actually sat in the retractable seats for one period... oh my God they're terrible lol. These seats need to drop in price and this zone needs to desperately become some kind of, Fun Zone, Kid Zone, Family Zone or Fan Zone asap!!
The Following User Says Thank You to DogDaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,557 Times in 858 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I also noticed the lights dimmed as I walked in and liked that as well. I thought previously we were told this was not possible? I agree something different needs to be done for the opening of the game when the team comes into the ice. I don't think what is going on currently really pumps anyone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

I noticed you changed the warm up music which was good, we could use a change every now and then. The first song, which was a remix of forever by drake, was absolutely terrible. I like drake, and rap in general, but that was a joke and embarrassing. It sounded like you were playing two songs at the same time, was quite possibly the worst remix I've ever heard. No way that would pump me up as a player or as a fan in the stands.
The Following User Says Thank You to trooper For This Useful Post: