Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,395    Downloads: 1,098,955   Msgs Posted: 119,997   Thread Views: 20,587,508   Online Now: 85
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Are Thomas and Castleman the real deal?
Yes they are both that good - we drafted well. 15 57.69%
Thomas is the real deal Castleman is a fluke. 4 15.38%
Circumstances make them look better than they are. 5 19.23%
Good question it is impossible to tell (or who cares). 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,031 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Anyone want to re-visit the Castleman vs Thomas debate?
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 04:54 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
No clue what the hell is going on with either of them... yes thomas is almost a point a game player but i feel hes not playing to his full potential and Castleman i have no clue where he went this season
Old 01-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
No clue what the hell is going on with either of them... yes thomas is almost a point a game player but i feel hes not playing to his full potential and Castleman i have no clue where he went this season
Maybe itís just the case of second year slumps for both of them but Iíve said it all year I think Thomas would look better if he was back where he belongs on the wing
Old 01-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
I'm very curious about this too. Castleman looked really good last season. Expected him to really have a break out year. But he's looking disinterested. Wondering if it has to do with system, coaching, injuries, or if he's just having a down year. It happens.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:16 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

How many second assists does Thomas have this year?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,031 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Thomas: 11 goals, 37 assists, 48 points (23rd in league scoring) +9 (projected 1st or 2nd NHL draft pick)
Castleman: 8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points (200th in league scoring) -1 (went undrafted)

and....... Thomas is still a year younger.

Ladies and gentleman of the jury..... I rest my case.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thomas: 11 goals, 37 assists, 48 points (23rd in league scoring) +9 (projected 1st or 2nd NHL draft pick)
Castleman: 8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points (200th in league scoring) -1 (went undrafted)

No doubting his abilities or his numbers... they are good...just saying that i beleive he is capable of more
Old 01-15-2018, 10:52 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:

4 months younger
Old 01-15-2018, 10:56 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I'm very curious about this too. Castleman looked really good last season. Expected him to really have a break out year. But he's looking disinterested. Wondering if it has to do with system, coaching, injuries, or if he's just having a down year. It happens.
Castleman and Thomas are both struggling this year, difference is Thomas is being propped up. Scouts see it too, 2nd assists, hogging the puck and throwing it away when he can't score. The heavy lifting is being done by others.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:55 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,051 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
How many second assists does Thomas have this year?
To use Thomasí 2nd assists as a stat Ė fans would need to have access to the number of 2nd assists (as a %) of all the other players in OHL. For example, letís say statistics show that 50% of Thomasí assists are 2nd assists. Unless you can compare that % to other players in the OHL Ė that stat would be meaningless.

Not sure if that stat is available in the OHL?