Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,713,836   Msgs Posted: 132,677   Thread Views: 28,681,024   Online Now: 137
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Maybe the coaching staff could go with a more defensive approach given he has a rookie in net ? Guessing our ‘coach’ might not be smart enough to figure that out on his own ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No arguments from me... I feel the rampant nepotism of this ownership, as well as the 'Family First' atmosphere is hurting the franchise, but honestly, I've made my peace with it. It is what it is... And it will be until they sell the team, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

No goalie is going to come in here and do any better, so let's enjoy watching our 3 (basically) rookie goalies develop. Really, it's like they didn't have a plan last year for having a goalie ready to take over for Dhillon. Because they did NOT give Sbrags enough starts to really evaluate him (with a good team in front of him).
Old 01-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Maybe the coaching staff could go with a more defensive approach given he has a rookie in net ? Guessing our ‘coach’ might not be smart enough to figure that out on his own ?

I don’t think our D is smart enough/experienced enough to be able to play a more defensive game especially since they’ve been playing the same way for 34 games also think the coach that runs the D (Jody hull) is smart enough

Last edited by dogs777; 01-04-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,218 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
No arguments from me... I feel the rampant nepotism of this ownership, as well as the 'Family First' atmosphere is hurting the franchise, but honestly, I've made my peace with it. It is what it is... And it will be until they sell the team, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

No goalie is going to come in here and do any better, so let's enjoy watching our 3 (basically) rookie goalies develop. Really, it's like they didn't have a plan last year for having a goalie ready to take over for Dhillon. Because they did NOT give Sbrags enough starts to really evaluate him (with a good team in front of him).

I agree with you don’t bring in anybody ... I can’t blame the organization for not having goaltending depth at the third string level ... the odds of having to go to your third stringer potentially three games in a row are very small....

Don’t get me started on the nepotism lol....my biggest problem so far with that is the one behind the bench ... I may have a different take on things if the ‘boy genius’ upstairs doesn’t recoup enough at the trade deadline ...

I mean we knew they were going to take over eventually, I think most on here would agree that it happened sooner than it should have ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,737 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
No goalie is going to come in here and do any better, so let's enjoy watching our 3 (basically) rookie goalies develop.
An inexpensive veteran, to spare a young goalies confidence wouldn’t be a bad idea? Although you have to give Swiggy credit for hanging in there, despite facing 55 shots and giving up 8 goals, he made some unbelievable saves to get his first OHL win.

Within the game highlight package – not only did the OHL show all 17 goals, but they included Swiggy finest moments.

Check out these saves (and goals)…

https://ontariohockeyleague.com/vide...niag-9-nb-8-ot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,157 Times in 681 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
An inexpensive veteran, to spare a young goalies confidence wouldn’t be a bad idea? Although you have to give Swiggy credit for hanging in there, despite facing 55 shots and giving up 8 goals, he made some unbelievable saves to get his first OHL win.

Within the game highlight package – not only did the OHL show all 17 goals, but they included Swiggy finest moments.

I believe you mean Rosey not Swiggy
Old 01-04-2020, 02:01 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,218 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

I’d be fine giving up a 2025 15th rounder for an OA goalie

But that’s about it ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 09:47 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Has it ever happened in the OHL that a team refused to come out for the 3rd period in protest of incompetent officiating? Has a team ever said ‘our players are at risk of injury as a result of officiating incompetence?
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 10:29 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Tynan took over and was excellent.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 10:33 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is that 10 points in two games for a guy who may not want to be traded?
Old 01-04-2020, 10:52 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the league reviews the slew foot call. Didn't look like a slew foot to me. Howard leaned on him but his leg/foot made no contact. Also Rosie is letting in some goals sure, but we are scoring too, I find it exciting.
Closed Thread