Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,714,733   Msgs Posted: 132,783   Thread Views: 28,741,209   Online Now: 124
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,172 Times in 1,471 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Having more choice is better than having less If two teams agree on who the best player is, wouldn't you want to be the team that chooses sooner?
Ideally yes. I also wouldn't mind getting the young players some playoff experience and the organization can probably use the revenue from the playoff dates. I'd also like the see the young players play at least well enough to make the playoffs given that they had a 10 point lead with games in hand on deadline day.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:19 AM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Draft Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Having more choice is better than having less If two teams agree on who the best player is, wouldn't you want to be the team that chooses sooner?
If this was a slam dunk, we'd all have the same answer. A lot boils down to scouting, timing & of course
the appeal of the team out there from the players/parents points of view. The endless derision about LDN is the prime
example.

Obviously we need some playoff experience somewhere/somehow, so that has to factor in to any equation going forward.

We are in a fortunate place for now; time to make the most of it!
Old 01-12-2020, 04:09 PM

Thanked 3,534 Times in 1,939 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
If this was a slam dunk, we'd all have the same answer. A lot boils down to scouting, timing & of course
the appeal of the team out there from the players/parents points of view. The endless derision about LDN is the prime
example.

Obviously we need some playoff experience somewhere/somehow, so that has to factor in to any equation going forward.

We are in a fortunate place for now; time to make the most of it!
Given that the team has always made the playoffs, they have never had the chance to pick among the top three or four draftees. Should be interesting. What people complain about with London is the team drafting college bound players in the later rounds and having them report.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:02 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

That’s just London being London. Every team complains out loud to the League about what LDN does - and rightly so - yet what steps are taken, what changes are made?
That would be zero. I just think you’ll save yourself a lot of stress by just letting it go. The important thing now for the IceDogs hit on all the many picks they have. Do the rebuild right. The most important day in the IceDogs calendar is now Draft Day, not the Trade Deadline.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 05:04 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,222 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I just read on the twitter that Christian Stephens who was an NCAA commit has decommited and will be signing with North Bay.

He was a player involved in the Cameron Peters trade.... so his development will be interesting to watch for Icedog fans ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 05:18 PM
4th Line

Alwayssunny1 will become famous soon enough

I looked at his stats from elite prospects and it looks like he takes a lot of penalties
Old 01-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,279 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I just read on the twitter that Christian Stephens who was an NCAA commit has decommited and will be signing with North Bay.

He was a player involved in the Cameron Peters trade.... so his development will be interesting to watch for Icedog fans ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I watched him quite a bit during last season's training camp and I really liked what he brought on every shift. He even dropped the gloves towards the end of the final scrimmage prior to the black and white game. But, he was no longer on the evening's rosters for the said black and white game.

He did not attend this year's camp so, I assume that he and the team management must have had a different opinion on his game or ice time.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:17 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 View Post
I looked at his stats from elite prospects and it looks like he takes a lot of penalties
Yeah, Stevens plays with an edge to his game, and that's going to translate to penalties, would have liked to see the Dogs get him to sign, but I don't think he would have been happy being a 'role player' like they were likely penciling him in for in camp, or being rotated in and out of the lineup on the 3rd or 4th line, and having to claw his way up the depth chart.

I just didn't see much in him in camp. Much prefer Cameron Peters' game. Steady in the face off dot. Some potential offensive upside. Skates well... Think he should be centering the 1st line, rather than 'Hands of Stone' Andrew Bruder...

I get that they want Bruder out there to provide some toughness to Lodnia's line, maybe use his big body, to create some space. But his body isn't that big, and he doesn't really create a lot of space for anyone, plus he does turn the puck over a fair bit, and is often out of position, or a step or two behind where he should be to receive a pass. He's an adequate 3rd or 4th line center, using him on the 1st line... They're just setting him up to fail.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post: