Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,212,106   Msgs Posted: 121,979   Thread Views: 21,714,978   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:19 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,476 Times in 906 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
What I mean by that is people comment about the coaches when it comes to certain things that IMO they can’t do much about coaches can’t make the perfect pass for the players or receive the passes for them (which is probably the biggest problem on the power play for us) and they shouldn’t have to explain what’s a good shooting situation to a veteran team... coaches are very important to the younger players in this league and any other but if you are an older more experienced guy you shouldn’t need the coaches to help you with basics
All good and the veterans players need the coaches to keep reminding them to stay within the system, at times, some might (unknowingly) might try to change things a little. Coached bring them back in.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t even know where to start... while it is true, players by the time they are 10-12 don’t need as much fundamental instruction on things like skating, passing and shooting it is far from a situation where all that’s required at this level is someone to hold the bench door open saying ‘Line 1!’ or ‘PK Line 2!’
What you have insinuated, that coaching is not necessary at all at this level is ludicrous. There is still much to be taught when it comes to situational strategy, and what the players’ first response should be based on circumstances. This is partly why Marty Williamson was badly out-coached in the playoffs years ago. The game situation changed, and he couldn’t adapt. Stan Butler was smart enough, as a coach, to pick up on that and his response, as a coach, was to tailor the Battalion’s game to a style Williamson had no response for. Result? Series win for North Bay.
Today, with the Burke Boys, I’d you were to ask me ‘What is the Burkes’ coaching style? What kind of hockey does that produce?’ Honestly I could not even tell you. It seems to be a game free of any discernible structure at all. It seems to be left up to the individual player whatever he feels like doing while he’s out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 06:25 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the Billy Burke fan club...but in my opinion this guy will never lead us to the promised land. I guess we shall see...not like we have a choice anyways is it?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:04 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,062 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Looking at the times of some of these posts. Do any of you people sleep?
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Serving a Suspension

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

sleep is over rated and so are the icedogs
The Following User Says Thank You to pg007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 02:20 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

I didn’t see this game but reading the posts, it seems like many believe the IceDogs gave a very poor effort.

However, reading the coaches quote in the Standard, it seems the opposite is true. Here is the quote from Billy:
"For the most part, I thought the guys responded well, I thought they battled as hard as they could."

Are you sure the problem was a lack of effort and not a case of the IceDogs getting beat by a better team.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:23 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,476 Times in 906 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I didn’t see this game but reading the posts, it seems like many believe the IceDogs gave a very poor effort.

However, reading the coaches quote in the Standard, it seems the opposite is true. Here is the quote from Billy:
"For the most part, I thought the guys responded well, I thought they battled as hard as they could."

Are you sure the problem was a lack of effort and not a case of the IceDogs getting beat by a better team.
Billy is carrying the load and deflecting everything towards him with the press and he will not throw anyone under the bus, even though, some deserve to be pointed out.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:47 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post

Effort wasn’t really the issue the team was fine realistically the problem in this game was the fact that the players struggled to actually connect on passes and didn’t throw enough pucks on net same thing happened in Erie IMO. as for the comments Billy made he’s going positive in the media 9 times out of 10 but that doesn’t mean he’s the same in the room
Old 10-22-2018, 03:24 PM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
What I mean by that is people comment about the coaches when it comes to certain things that IMO they can’t do much about coaches can’t make the perfect pass for the players or receive the passes for them (which is probably the biggest problem on the power play for us) and they shouldn’t have to explain what’s a good shooting situation to a veteran team... coaches are very important to the younger players in this league and any other but if you are an older more experienced guy you shouldn’t need the coaches to help you with basics
This has to be a joke. Do you think the coach's role in the OHL is to pass out the orange slices and make sure everyone is wearing a jock? #millenial

The trouble is, we have had a few iterations of teams here in Niagara that believe the same nonsense you have just espoused. "I already know how to skate, shoot and pass - I am out on the ice and the coach is on the bench, so what does he know" . Then you get five guys out there playing as individuals because each of them knows better than the coach.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,062 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Billy is carrying the load and deflecting everything towards him with the press and he will not throw anyone under the bus, even though, some deserve to be pointed out.
..... or delusional.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: