Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,211,696   Msgs Posted: 121,961   Thread Views: 21,704,586   Online Now: 86
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:57 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,474 Times in 905 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The frustration here is that we just don’t know what the IceDogs are, yet. Until such time as this roster is finally fully healthy, and gets a half-dozen games under their belt, we just don’t know. Absolutely the Dogs could go out now and make another Ivan Lodnia-type deal, but it would take more than one deal to really put the IceDogs over the top(IMO).
And we can see the results of a post-GFI-year in Hamilton.
I will stick with my thinking that even when we are back to a full roster, they will need minimum two impact or three players to get to where they predicted that they would be in May.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

And you may well be right. But I would still rather wait, and I think the Dogs will, until they have a full roster to see where they’re at. It might turn out that assuming the Dogs do make trades, they end up trading players who are currently injured, or that the Dogs are waiting for players to come back, so that they can replace traded ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 04:19 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Is Castlemen back to night
Old 10-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

It is still a tad early in the season but, if the team lays another egg tonight, I would be making phone after the weekend, especially if they do not show up in Michigan.

I would not be calling to ask about the cost of acquiring, but, what I could get in return for a lot of our 99 born players.

With all due respect to Roberts, Hunter and Castleman, they are good players but, they are not game changers.
They will for sure make our team better but a far cry from making us champions.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,060 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

I wouldn't spend another asset on this team until close to the deadline. Right now, their pp is close to the middle of the pack, their pk is near the bottom of the league, their goaltending is shaky, there seems to be no system whatsoever, they have some injuries on the backend. They appear to be a pretender more than a contender.

If they don't get it straightened out it would make more sense to be a seller. They would get good returns on Jones, Maksimov, Lodnia, etc. It could be a quick re-build. Build around Tomasino, Contstantinou, Moore, etc.

By no means am I giving up on the season, I just hope that management doesn't throw good money after bad if it's not in the cards this year. However, my guess is with all the talking the Burke boys have done publicly about how good and exciting this team is, that they will spend everything they have to ice a winning team. Problem is if the GM spends every asset they have and the coach doesn't get the job done (or close to it). Does the Owner fire the GM? Does the GM fire the coach?

IMO, Christmas is the time for the team to take an honest look in the mirror and go from there. At least I hope so.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I wouldn't spend another asset on this team until close to the deadline. Right now, their pp is close to the middle of the pack, their pk is near the bottom of the league, their goaltending is shaky, there seems to be no system whatsoever, they have some injuries on the backend. They appear to be a pretender more than a contender.

If they don't get it straightened out it would make more sense to be a seller. They would get good returns on Jones, Maksimov, Lodnia, etc. It could be a quick re-build. Build around Tomasino, Contstantinou, Moore, etc.

By no means am I giving up on the season, I just hope that management doesn't throw good money after bad if it's not in the cards this year. However, my guess is with all the talking the Burke boys have done publicly about how good and exciting this team is, that they will spend everything they have to ice a winning team. Problem is if the GM spends every asset they have and the coach doesn't get the job done (or close to it). Does the Owner fire the GM? Does the GM fire the coach?

IMO, Christmas is the time for the team to take an honest look in the mirror and go from there. At least I hope so.
You are once again, BANG ON!!!!
Thank you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
It is still a tad early in the season but, if the team lays another egg tonight, I would be making phone after the weekend, especially if they do not show up in Michigan.

I would not be calling to ask about the cost of acquiring, but, what I could get in return for a lot of our 99 born players.

With all due respect to Roberts, Hunter and Castleman, they are good players but, they are not game changers.
They will for sure make our team better but a far cry from making us champions.
It may not be this week but this team and every other team for that matter will lay another egg this year
Old 10-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
It may not be this week but this team and every other team for that matter will lay another egg this year
I was not referring to any other week or other teams laying an egg, I was referring to our beloved Ice Dogs this week.

I am hoping that they can get their hearts and heads in the right place and come home on Sunday evening with 6 points.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:53 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I was not referring to any other week or other teams laying an egg, I was referring to our beloved Ice Dogs this week.

I am hoping that they can get their hearts and heads in the right place and come home on Sunday evening with 6 points.
Yes I know who you were taking about just making a point that they will lay another egg at some point as for points this weekend I think they’ll get 4-5
Old 10-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Yes I know who you were taking about just making a point that they will lay another egg at some point as for points this weekend I think they’ll get 4-5
I would be good with 4 of 5 points this week.