Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,713,836   Msgs Posted: 132,677   Thread Views: 28,680,901   Online Now: 156
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:05 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
What in the hell is going on here tonight?
My wife and I go out for a very nice dinner in the Falls courtesy of one of our Sons and his girlfriend, followed by a nice drive to check out the Festival on Lights.
We get home to this crap?
My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seasons next season are at risk as of now, if this is true and no 2003 player coming back.
But you have to admit trading both Tomasino and Thomas this season was necessary to get back our future. Yes it will be rough for the next 2 months but now we have a future. These deals are to help the Icedogs next season and beyond.

Are you willing to sacrifice our future just to keep Tomasino for a few more months.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 11:09 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,274 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
But you have to admit trading both Tomasino and Thomas this season was necessary to get back our future. Yes it will be rough for the next 2 months but now we have a future. These deals are to help the Icedogs next season and beyond.

Are you willing to sacrifice our future just to keep Tomasino for a few more months.
I do not change in mid stream. I have stated and still believe that Tomasino should have been traded next year, but if he is dealt tomorrow, so be it.
Accept the things I cannot change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 11:09 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap, Joey, I hope you know what you’re doing.. Talk about blowing up the roster..
But I had been saying for a long time the cupboard needed to be re-stocked, and the Dogs have done it - pretty much all at once.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:24 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure if Lodnia would have agreed to be traded, then number 26 would have finished the year here.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:30 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,218 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Holy crap, Joey, I hope you know what you’re doing.. Talk about blowing up the roster..
But I had been saying for a long time the cupboard needed to be re-stocked, and the Dogs have done it - pretty much all at once.

I don’t think he knows what he is doing if he doesn’t get one 03 1st rounder in any deal for Thomas or a Tomasino . Pretty much any big name NHL prospect traded in the O returns a plethora of picks and that years first rounder ...

It’s inexcusable to not get one, and, he didn’t even get the player he wanted from PBO for Thomas.

There was no need to rush to trade Tomasino this year as the biggest JB fan on here Blacksox has even stated ... so to trade him and not get an 03 1st rounder when that team will get a Tomasino for 1.5 years and two playoff runs including a potential MemCup run next year, is inexcusable ...

Sounds like Lodnia didn’t want to be traded ... I can’t blame JB for that ...

I know all of Thomas Tomasino Lodnia and Sopa were going to get traded between this year and next year .... I’m fine with that .... but I’m not looking forward to my twitter feed tomorrow if the return for Thomas and Tomasino is as underwhelming as it appears ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 11:36 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Iím not sure why everyone is saying Lodnia didnít want to get traded. The only time I have read that is on here when someone speculates. I would think he would want to go to a team with a chance to win a championship. I did read somewhere that most teams had their OAís set and there may not be any interest in Lodnia - I think that was OHLinsiders.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:49 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,467 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

I'll reserve judgement until the deals are official. If a few of the picks are say seconds in the top five or so in this years draft the deals will look much better. They may rather have those than the first round '03's being offered.

Assuming their main score is a bunch of picks hopefully they hold onto them and use them instead of trading them. It's silly the way these teams piss away second round picks. I'd try to double up on seconds and 3rds into the future and deal young players to buy instead of picks if the roster is getting too crowded.

Lodnia better go tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 11:50 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to get off topic, but quickly, it’s kinda funny when TV stations go to the live post-game presser, and WPG Jets HC Paul Maurice can’t be bleeped fast enough before calling 3-on-3 OT a sh__t show
Anyway, I guess we’ll always wonder what the Dogs might have gotten from Sudbury or London for Akil Thomas, but you never know what might happen in the future, what the newly-restored draft picks might turn into..
Can we now say there’s absolutely no reason not to load the kids up with ice-time? Agostinelli, Cato, Enright, Snow, Chanton, all getting copious amounts of minutes; there’s not many veterans left....
Old 01-08-2020, 11:57 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Iím not sure why everyone is saying Lodnia didnít want to get traded. The only time I have read that is on here when someone speculates. I would think he would want to go to a team with a chance to win a championship. I did read somewhere that most teams had their OAís set and there may not be any interest in Lodnia - I think that was OHLinsiders.
You would think right?... where is his competitive spirit?
Old 01-09-2020, 12:02 AM
Big League

So Joey B picked up some short-term goaltending depth, and a pile of draft picks to put the Dogs just about back where they were draft-wise before the sanctions. There are still some gaps to fill, but this trade deadline(and the Dogs may not be done trading)at least brought them level again.
I think, selfishly, I want the Dogs to acquire a reason to watch this team from here to the end of this season, but I don’t know if that’s going to happen..