Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,129,030   Msgs Posted: 120,103   Thread Views: 20,659,724   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Rookie

webegtodiffer is absolutely hated by otherswebegtodiffer is absolutely hated by otherswebegtodiffer is absolutely hated by others

London has enough offensive minded defencemen and needed to pick up a reliable, defensive defenceman and apparently Lochead fit the description.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:05 PM
3rd Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

no one mentioned we signed another goalie today Sbaraglia

Last edited by pg007; 10-02-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
Yea it was mentioned
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ya, saw that on Twitter and I was expecting to see a thread about it.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,510 Times in 828 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
We'll never know. Just like when Williamson got Tyler Boston out of retirement.

We will never know why he even bothered to get Tyler Boston ..... he stunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,033 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthre...=10781&page=33
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,510 Times in 828 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Read a lot of the comments on this ...

I gotta say

I’d rather Lochead rot and ‘go to school’ then let him play for London for what I consider to be an immaterial return....

He has the potential to do more harm to us this season than any benefit we may get from a 2024 3rd rounder.

That being said, Lochead is a nice player, but, on a team trying to make a serious run for a MemCup, is he really worthy of one of three OA spots?

IMO he quit on Niagara just like Lodnia quit on Erie.

I don’t wish him well at all...

Lodnia, on the other hand, best of luck to you!!!

Lol

I really question the logic of Icedogs management on these last two deals with London. The Militec deal was idiotic and only added more draft picks to the London war chest ... a team that Niagara has to have known was going to be a challenge for the Dogs to beat this year in the ‘go for it year’.
Fine you want to add a scoring OA for a playoff run, boost the fortunes of any team other than London IMO.

Not do I understand the logic of trading a player who quit on you to a serious contender whom you may face in the finals for pennies on the dollar.

Gotta say I’m confused 🤷‍♂️

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 10:38 PM

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,481 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Read a lot of the comments on this ...

I gotta say

I’d rather Lochead rot and ‘go to school’ then let him play for London for what I consider to be an immaterial return....

He has the potential to do more harm to us this season than any benefit we may get from a 2024 3rd rounder.

That being said, Lochead is a nice player, but, on a team trying to make a serious run for a MemCup, is he really worthy of one of three OA spots?

IMO he quit on Niagara just like Lodnia quit on Erie.

I don’t wish him well at all...

Lodnia, on the other hand, best of luck to you!!!

Lol

I really question the logic of Icedogs management on these last two deals with London. The Militec deal was idiotic and only added more draft picks to the London war chest ... a team that Niagara has to have known was going to be a challenge for the Dogs to beat this year in the ‘go for it year’.
Fine you want to add a scoring OA for a playoff run, boost the fortunes of any team other than London IMO.

Not do I understand the logic of trading a player who quit on you to a serious contender whom you may face in the finals for pennies on the dollar.

Gotta say I’m confused 🤷‍♂️

Well said, I'd have laughed at the 3rd and wished Willie well at Western. It sets a dangerous precident for anyone else who might feel a little special.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,056 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I'm assuming he's going still going to Western.

Lochead is taking only two courses at King’s College. Let’s not kid ourselves here – considering the time commitment required of an OHL player, I’ll be interested to see if he even bothers continuing to take those two university business courses while playing hockey. And why would he, when Lochead can just start university in the summer and put his complete focus on his daily reading, assignments and exams.

It’s pretty clear now that when Lochead said “Schooling is pretty important in my family and hockey can only take you so far, so I think it’s time to go to Western,” he was not telling truth in regards to his hockey career!

Lochead didn’t really want to go school, he wanted to play for the London Knights – and to do so he took a chance and quit on the IceDogs!

Lochead thinks this year’s Knights are better than his IceDogs team that was swept in the 2016 OHL final to London. “I really only wanted to play here,” the London native said. “I grew up watching them and knew it was such a good organization. That was the only option.”
– Willy Lochead.

Last edited by Blacksox; 10-03-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:02 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

I plan to boo him everytime he touches the puck. Joey Burke has done some great trades but this is a prime example of him stepping on his crank with golf shoes. Shame on both of them.