Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,448    Downloads: 1,212,737   Msgs Posted: 122,012   Thread Views: 21,734,514   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:06 AM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Why not help London to get even more depth? I'm sure he will score the overtime goal that wins the series against us...lol. I'm sure the Icedogs were just being nice and let Willy play closer to where he goes to school. You know what happens to nice guys right?
So true, that third round pick will bite us in the butt. Good call Chip.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:20 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,318 Times in 1,139 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Well said, I'd have laughed at the 3rd and wished Willie well at Western. It sets a dangerous precident for anyone else who might feel a little special.
100%

Everything that transpired since the day IceDog fans heard that Willy Lochead was going to forgo his final season in the OHL, to return to school, made absolutely no-sense, but now it makes perfect sense!

According to Lochead, he was only going to play for London this coming season – and went to the great extreme to prove it - by quitting hockey and using education (Western) as leverage to get his way.

Not sure if there is any truth to the information shared by Powerex (Knights fan) regarding the 'Pro Skate' that features NHL players (several former Knights) that only Evan Bouchard and Will Lochead were invited. Who got Lochead that invite?

It’s interesting that Will Lochead ended up at the Columbus rookie camp. The connection between London and Columbus (Basil McCrae – Blue Jackets Director of Player Personnel and also former Knights GM and current part owner of the London Knights) is pretty obvious. Who got Lochead that invite?

It’s also interesting that when Lochead decision to attending school became public knowledge there was no “Thank you for your service and best of luck with your future endeavours” announcement on the IceDogs website?

The only public comment on the topic of the departure of Willy Lochead was found on a bpsports story were Billy Burke said, “We’re certainly disappointed by Willy’s decision,” IceDogs coach Billy Burke said. “We would have loved to have him back.”

You certainly get the impression that the Ice Dogs were not impressed with Lochead’s decision to “attend school”.

In the end, all his public dishonestly to the fans and disrespect to the Ice Dogs organization turned into a well-executed and successful plan by Lochead and London.

The IceDogs on the other hand, end up with a 2024 3rd pick – not even 2019 3rd pick, which would at least be much more valuable asset at the trade deadline or at the very least a player we would see in an Ice Dog’s uniform next year!

I'm with NiceDawg on this one - sometimes nothing is better than something!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 02:24 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
100%

Everything that transpired since the day IceDog fans heard that Willy Lochead was going to forgo his final season in the OHL, to return to school, made absolutely no-sense, but now it makes perfect sense!

According to Lochead, he was only going to play for London this coming season – and went to the great extreme to prove it - by quitting hockey and using education (Western) as leverage to get his way.

Not sure if there is any truth to the information shared by Powerex (Knights fan) regarding the 'Pro Skate' that features NHL players (several former Knights) that only Evan Bouchard and Will Lochead were invited. Who got Lochead that invite?

It’s interesting that Will Lochead ended up at the Columbus rookie camp. The connection between London and Columbus (Basil McCrae – Blue Jackets Director of Player Personnel and also former Knights GM and current part owner of the London Knights) is pretty obvious. Who got Lochead that invite?

It’s also interesting that when Lochead decision to attending school became public knowledge there was no “Thank you for your service and best of luck with your future endeavours” announcement on the IceDogs website?

The only public comment on the topic of the departure of Willy Lochead was found on a bpsports story were Billy Burke said, “We’re certainly disappointed by Willy’s decision,” IceDogs coach Billy Burke said. “We would have loved to have him back.”

You certainly get the impression that the Ice Dogs were not impressed with Lochead’s decision to “attend school”.

In the end, all his public dishonestly to the fans and disrespect to the Ice Dogs organization turned into a well-executed and successful plan by Lochead and London.

The IceDogs on the other hand, end up with a 2024 3rd pick – not even 2019 3rd pick, which would at least be much more valuable asset at the trade deadline or at the very least a player we would see in an Ice Dog’s uniform next year!

I'm with NiceDawg on this one - sometimes nothing is better than something!

I agree 100%.

The London newspaper said “Lochead is enrolled at Western University and taking two courses at King’s College.” If he quit OHL hockey because he wanted to start his University education, why is he only taking 2 courses. That is only a part time student.

I think this was the plan from the beginning and I agree that if we couldn’t get fair compensation, we should have let him sit.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,480 Times in 909 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I agree 100%.

The London newspaper said “Lochead is enrolled at Western University and taking two courses at King’s College.” If he quit OHL hockey because he wanted to start his University education, why is he only taking 2 courses. That is only a part time student.

I think this was the plan from the beginning and I agree that if we couldn’t get fair compensation, we should have let him sit.
And the more reason to boo him even louder when the Evil Empire comes to town.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:39 PM
Serving a Suspension

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

lon vs nia jan 3rd 2019 thursday night sold out fast only to boo some one lol
Old 10-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
Remembering that I have been a huge Willie fan since his first game here.
I will boo him every time he touches the puck, reluctantly but I will..... Most likely because of the sweater he will be wearing..
Old 10-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Is it already sold out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

He quit on us...what do we care if he sits all year? London would have given me a second or nothing ...what do I care a bout Willy ? Who's next? London is a joke and so is the OHL...Little Willy wouldn't go.. go home if I was running things.

Last edited by Chipperdog; 10-03-2018 at 02:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Big League

Quote:
A real quick glance at this game shows that there about 3500 tickets sold at this time. But, it for sure, will sell out as this game always does.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Serving a Suspension

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

going out on a limb here every london vs icedogs home game has been sold out for the entire 12 years i ll predict a sell out now
The Following User Says Thank You to pg007 For This Useful Post: