Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,129,030   Msgs Posted: 120,103   Thread Views: 20,659,771   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,056 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
The last sequence went like this.... Dhillon save, Dhillon save, Dhillon save, Schaefer throws the puck up the middle in his own in end, Dhillon save, rebound buried game over.
That was so painful to watch! Iím nominating this as a post of the year candidate. And why exactly was MacPherson traded? Was it to create a roster spot for Schaefer? MacPherson was one of the IceDogsí best defenseman in the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont underatand what the coaching staff sees in him.. and the radio guys had him as the hotdog of the game last night even thou he was a -3 lol.. lthe one downfall with this organization.... loyal to a fault with local players
Old 10-05-2018, 11:59 PM
4th Line

Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others

What a disaster this is turning out to be. No other team operates like this we are going to be the laughing stock of the league.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:03 AM
4th Line

Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
That was so painful to watch! Iím nominating this as a post of the year candidate. And why exactly was MacPherson traded? Was it to create a roster spot for Schaefer? MacPherson was one of the IceDogsí best defenseman in the playoffs.
I agree and if that was the reason we need new management. ..
Old 10-06-2018, 06:37 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,510 Times in 828 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
I agree and if that was the reason we need new management. ..

Good luck with that!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Why was MacPherson traded? Come on, that got us a critical 9th-round pick!
Gotta say it, the Dogs have been a bit of a disappointment so far. I say ‘a bit’ because it’s really early at this point. The direction-finder on the sticks needs quite a bit of work. I don’t want to be too critical, having listened to the Dogs throw absolutely everything at that Sudbury goaltender in a game that the Dogs really should have won. Then to follow that up by dropping an OT game that could have gone either way.
But if there was ever a time to get a goaltender the Dogs can rely on to lock down wins, and stabilize games that are out of control, now’s the time.
I hope the Dogs don’t waste half the season before they turn this around.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:52 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,372 Times in 832 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I am going to cut our team some slack at this time with the understanding that 3 or our top 6 d-men are injured, two of which have not played a single regular season game yet.

That leaves us with one 16 year old who is playing in his first season (and by the way, in my opinion does not look out of place).
Two 17 year old players and one of those is playing in his first year as well.
Oh, I almost forgot about out turn-over master; over-aged player.

We have forwards who insist on making a simple game more complicated than it is and looking really nice with all of their dangling game in and game out. Shooting pucks at the goalie's logo than looking for an opening inside the posts. Hm..

Once we get our top three d-men back and the forwards start playing a team game rather than a "look at me game", things will get better.

PS: As I have stated in the past, to go as far as GM and Coach Burke's have promised, we still need 2 and or 3 impact players to come in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,056 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am going to cut our team some slack at this time with the understanding that 3 or our top 6 d-men are injured, two of which have not played a single regular season game yet.

That leaves us with one 16 year old who is playing in his first season (and by the way, in my opinion does not look out of place).
Two 17 year old players and one of those is playing in his first year as well.
Oh, I almost forgot about out turn-over master; over-aged player.

We have forwards who insist on making a simple game more complicated than it is and looking really nice with all of their dangling game in and game out. Shooting pucks at the goalie's logo than looking for an opening inside the posts. Hm..

Once we get our top three d-men back and the forwards start playing a team game rather than a "look at me game", things will get better.

PS: As I have stated in the past, to go as far as GM and Coach Burke's have promised, we still need 2 and or 3 impact players to come in.
Agree!

Itís impossible to get a read on this Ice Dogs team, with the injuries to significant defenseman. Until they are at full strength, itís seems pointless to form any definitive conclusion on the IceDogs as a team. However, we can probably all agree that the PP is an issue of concern, based on last year and this yearís ineffectiveness.

Despite all the injuries, the IceDogs have clearly been the better team - and most nights (5 of 6 games) have significantly outplayed their opponents. That in itself is reason to remain optimistic.

When the IceDogs are fully healthy Ė the team (and fans), can properly assess what they have and what they need. Weíll probably find that the IceDogs are a good team, but need to replace a few players with 2 or 3 higher-end players to be a serious championship team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way to get this team to develop a shoot-first mentality? It has to do with coaching, yes, but also with the personalities of the players they have. Ivan Lodnia seems to be of that type, but he’s new. Just shoot, boys. Shoot and go after rebounds. This is a team that, as we’ve seen so far, doesn’t starve for offence.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:26 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

When the Radio guys mention that Incze ''would have like to have had 3 of those goals back '', you know he really layed an Egg in net.