Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,445    Downloads: 1,210,210   Msgs Posted: 121,917   Thread Views: 21,678,819   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:42 AM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Thoughts on last night...

1. I sure am glad I am not a fan of Missy. Brutal atmosphere in a rink with <2000 fans.
2. Incze was god awful. No idea what was going on after being so good in his last game. Should have been pulled after 3.
3. Dhillon saved them from major embarrassment. He made 3 tremendous saves. Without him we would never have gone to OT.
4. Schaeffer is having a terrible season. Was dependable last year but makes 3-4 terrible decisions and 2-3 awful turnovers per game and needs to go. I am sure he is a nice kid but is a liability.
5. Our defence is non-existent. I know that 3 were missing last night, but our D cannot make a pass up the ice to hit a centreman more then 20-30% of the time.
6. Our youngest D (Moore) was again our best.
7. Billy C keeps trying to do too much. Keep it simple. Very skilled player but beats 2 guys and then turns over the puck while a F has to drop back to cover.
8. Howard is not a D in the OHL. His skating last night showed that.
9. Our PP continues to be an embarrassment. When you have a 1st PP of Jones - Maksimov - Lodnia and Thomas (plus anyone) and cannot score then that is down to just being a bad coach. Those kids can execute but we keep doing the same goddam thing game after game. Every team has us worked out. Surely we can read a book and find a better PP option coaches?
10. Jones is struggling on face-offs this year compared with Thomas.
11. Thomas doesn't score in 5 games so coaches change the lines up to break up our best line of Maksimov-Jones-Philip to get him some points. Why? Why not change up his wingers than break up what has been working so far?
12. Phillip was impressive - fast and having a great season.
13. Castleman continues to struggle.
14. Why do the coaches think that Bruder is a top 6? Putting him with Jones & Lodnia destroyed that line. Sopa is a much better player and should have been there.
15. Thomas is not having a great start. Scored one goal so far and that was an empty netter. Lots of dangles and skating around. I think he needs a playmaker for him to finish. I still think he has always looks best as a winger. Loading up with Jones & Maksimov would be quite the line. Not sure Lodnia is enough of a playmaker for his skill-set. He is a lethal finisher when he gets the chance, but at the moment he is trying to be his own set-up man.

All in all a terrible game. Sloppy, error-filled hockey that was boring and awful to watch. We are a LONG way from winning our division let alone conference. I know that we are 3 D down, but so far this season I remain to be impressed and I think some of that is down to the fact that we need at least 2 (maybe as many as 4) more players - but I worry that even if we do that and sell everything that we have the coaching to win it. If it continues at this rate then I think come Xmas they sell Jones, Lodnia and Maksi and leave it for 2-3 years and make a run. No chance will they sell Thomas but that would bring in a ton of assets.

I sound like I am really down on this team - and honestly they have underperformed for the apparent skill-set they have. Hope it gets better.

Last edited by Newdawgsfan; 10-06-2018 at 11:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 11:44 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Story and quotes from coach Burke on last night's loss in Missy:

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...s-in-overtime/
Old 10-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,060 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

I donít care that we were 3 defencemen down last night. Defence wasnít the problem except for Schaeferís beauty up the middle play in overtime. Incze was the reason for the loss last night. That and the abysmal powerplay. All of last year and it has continued into this year, there is no structure to the powerplay at all. They have speed to burn on this team, they can easily just carry the puck into the offensive zone. Instead, they continue with the stupid drop pass play that fails more often than it works. Once they finally have control in the offensive zone (usually after half the pp has elapsed) they move the puck around far to slowly to be effective. Usually get one shot, fire it wide, and the pp is over.

I disagree with an earlier post that the Jones- Maksimov- Phillip line has been our best. The Thomas-Lodnia-Sopa line was incredible against Sudbury, shift after shift Sudbury couldnít get out of their own end against that line. What I do agree with is, it made no sense to break up either line. The Dogs totally outplayed Sudbury, it was the goalie that won the game for them. Should have left the top two lines alone.

1) Make a deal for a veteran steady defenceman.
2) Leave the lines alone for a couple games. Every other game these guys have new line mates.
3) Get someone that can coach a powerplay. Geez, enough already... fix it.
4) Do not trade Dhillon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. I sure am glad I am not a fan of Missy. Brutal atmosphere in a rink with <2000 fans
I really don't get this.

A few million people within a 20 minute drive and they fail to come close to our attendance. Maybe that team needs to be in Milton or Oakville.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,473 Times in 904 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I donít care that we were 3 defencemen down last night. Defence wasnít the problem except for Schaeferís beauty up the middle play in overtime. Incze was the reason for the loss last night. That and the abysmal powerplay. All of last year and it has continued into this year, there is no structure to the powerplay at all. They have speed to burn on this team, they can easily just carry the puck into the offensive zone. Instead, they continue with the stupid drop pass play that fails more often than it works. Once they finally have control in the offensive zone (usually after half the pp has elapsed) they move the puck around far to slowly to be effective. Usually get one shot, fire it wide, and the pp is over.

I disagree with an earlier post that the Jones- Maksimov- Phillip line has been our best. The Thomas-Lodnia-Sopa line was incredible against Sudbury, shift after shift Sudbury couldnít get out of their own end against that line. What I do agree with is, it made no sense to break up either line. The Dogs totally outplayed Sudbury, it was the goalie that won the game for them. Should have left the top two lines alone.

1) Make a deal for a veteran steady defenceman.
2) Leave the lines alone for a couple games. Every other game these guys have new line mates.
3) Get someone that can coach a powerplay. Geez, enough already... fix it.
4) Do not trade Dhillon.
YES,,,,,,, YES,,,,,,,, YES,,,,,,,,, YES,,,,,,,,,, YES....... A million times over!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
When the Radio guys mention that Incze ''would have like to have had 3 of those goals back '', you know he really layed an Egg in net.

For the radio guys that’s actually pretty harsh comments

Hehe

#homers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2018, 02:57 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
For the radio guys that’s actually pretty harsh comments

Hehe

#homers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....I all I heard on Missy's overtime goal was '' Oh No ...Oh Boy '' and then a celebration. I guess the ''oh No'' was Schaefer's giveaway that Fishfan saw,lol
Old 10-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Coaching? What's That?
Old 10-06-2018, 03:33 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
I dont underatand what the coaching staff sees in him.. and the radio guys had him as the hotdog of the game last night even thou he was a -3 lol.. lthe one downfall with this organization.... loyal to a fault with local players
Yes Schaefer has made some mistakes but so have the other D. For some reason some of you just like focusing on one player and right now it’s Schaefer and Dhillon. Their entire D is very weak right now.

As well most of you seem okay that Incze had a bad game. The night before Dhillon let in 3 goals, 2 of which were deflections and unstoppable and some of you wanted Dhillon demoted to back up. The coaching staff sees things for what they are. Many of you are extremely biased against certain players.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 10-06-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Yes Schaefer has made some mistakes but so have the other D. For some reason some of you just like focusing on one player and right now itís Schaefer. Their entire D is very weak right now
Caughed up the game winner last night.... on for all three vs sudbury. He was terrible last weekend. Mistakes i can understand ... when you cough up the puck time and time again behind your net or uo the middle in your own end, its not a mistake.... its terrible hockey and thats what we have woth our OA dman.... I played defence most of my time i played and every year the coaches drilled us " HARD OUT OF THE BOARDS" non of this soft pass up the gut s#!+ tha Schaefer does every game