Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,129,268   Msgs Posted: 120,107   Thread Views: 20,660,956   Online Now: 127
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I noticed you changed the warm up music which was good, we could use a change every now and then. The first song, which was a remix of forever by drake, was absolutely terrible. I like drake, and rap in general, but that was a joke and embarrassing. It sounded like you were playing two songs at the same time, was quite possibly the worst remix I've ever heard. No way that would pump me up as a player or as a fan in the stands.
I loved last year's "A Warrior's Call by Volbeat" as a song in warm ups, it kinda pumped things up a bit...

But I have to say, everyone in my group last night noticed the changes to the music and graphics on the big board... All were impressed and felt that it had more of a bigger league feel to it....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 12:34 PM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I loved last year's "A Warrior's Call by Volbeat" as a song in warm ups, it kinda pumped things up a bit...

But I have to say, everyone in my group last night noticed the changes to the music and graphics on the big board... All were impressed and felt that it had more of a bigger league feel to it....
Agreed. I liked the changes they made visually.
The Following User Says Thank You to trooper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 12:41 PM
3rd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Not sure what's up with the video board that faces the penalty box side of the arena. Last night there was a flashing red / purple rectangle toward the lower right corner all night. Really annoying for a new board!
Old 02-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything last night seemed different. Personally for me the game day experience did nothing... I know that not all is under your control but things were too different, I know there are a bunch of people that don't care for the cheerleaders but I missed their presence last night. It seemed that everything was down played from how things have been so far this season. We didn't even have a single 50/50 ticket seller come down our section( aisle between 118 and 101) once last night and they are normally their a dozen times a game. I think maybe you guys tried too hard to accommodate all the suggestions and it just didn't work for me
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Game Media

fourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDaze View Post
Finally got back to another game after a month so I wanted to bump this thread. I think you guys at Fourgrounds do a great job. I know it's hard to get the crowd into it at a larger facility, but don't stop trying. I like that you keep adding things over each game. I noticed the lights down when I walked in and I Loved, Loved, Loved it. Actually felt like a big league venue when I walked in... I hope this is permanent.

Only things I can add is to reiterate what others were saying about the video "This is our house" It is very well done, but please don't be afraid to tweak it and add some current video. And I absolutely hate the song at the end... it literally deflates the build up of the video. There are definitely more up-tempo and powerful songs that get the crowd ready for the introduction of the team.

This leads me the the introduction of the team... wow that needs work. I'm gonna go a little gimmicky and NHL here but can we add spotlights off the catwalk for the introduction, (also could be used when we score) maybe add a big inflatable Bones where they enter the ice, and can you pick a song that just ignites the crowd? Maybe Back in Black for the new home uniforms? I know it's played to death in arenas but it pumps people up. The crowd is just dead every time they're introduced. That should be when we start getting pumped for the game. One last thing and I know this has nothing to do with you guys, but I actually sat in the retractable seats for one period... oh my God they're terrible lol. These seats need to drop in price and this zone needs to desperately become some kind of, Fun Zone, Kid Zone, Family Zone or Fan Zone asap!!
Thanks for the feedback and compliments. The intro video song is sung by Andee, she sang the anthem at the home opener and we used her single for the video to sort of tie it all together. We have had talks about changing the edit with a different track, but we tend to spend our budget and time on adding new content etc etc. I can say... stay tuned for the playoffs...

In terms of spotlights projections etc, simply not in the cards this year for a multitude of reasons. Believe me, we (us and the IceDogs) would LOVE to do some projections and spotlights, maybe next season though.

The lights going out are are now "a thing." We finally got permission from the facility to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I also noticed the lights dimmed as I walked in and liked that as well. I thought previously we were told this was not possible? I agree something different needs to be done for the opening of the game when the team comes into the ice. I don't think what is going on currently really pumps anyone up.
Thanks. Will continue refine and brainstorm stuff like this. Again this season was about getting the AV side of gameday into the present and adapting to a new building and working with a new team (Fourgrounds). Many of these things will likely be addressed for upcoming seasons.

Quote:
I noticed you changed the warm up music which was good, we could use a change every now and then. The first song, which was a remix of forever by drake, was absolutely terrible. I like drake, and rap in general, but that was a joke and embarrassing. It sounded like you were playing two songs at the same time, was quite possibly the worst remix I've ever heard. No way that would pump me up as a player or as a fan in the stands.
The warmup tracks are requested by the players. So whatever they call we play. It is their warmup after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post

Thank you! Comments like this make our entire team happy. I am sure many people don't really pay attention to new graphics and songs, so when people do it makes our job worthwhile.

Quote:
Agreed. I liked the changes they made visually.
Thanks, means a lot. We spent some time in other rinks around the OHL during the downtime over the past couple weeks, and now that we have a relatively well oiled machine its all about adding tweaking and improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Not sure what's up with the video board that faces the penalty box side of the arena. Last night there was a flashing red / purple rectangle toward the lower right corner all night. Really annoying for a new board!
Hmm will look into that from our end, however the maintenance and upkeep of the actual facility tech is out of, both the Dogs' and our reigns, as the City owns it and SMG manages it... We can't see that side of the board from our booth and didn't hear anything about a pixel glitch until now. Could be a random issue or could be an LED panel issue. There is a lot of technology running in a setup like that so a multitude of things could cause it. Sorry to hear it distracted you, we will see what we can do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Everything last night seemed different. Personally for me the game day experience did nothing... I know that not all is under your control but things were too different, I know there are a bunch of people that don't care for the cheerleaders but I missed their presence last night. It seemed that everything was down played from how things have been so far this season. We didn't even have a single 50/50 ticket seller come down our section( aisle between 118 and 101) once last night and they are normally their a dozen times a game. I think maybe you guys tried too hard to accommodate all the suggestions and it just didn't work for me
Cheerleaders had the night off. No idea what to tell you about the 50/50 ticket seller, but I assure you it has nothing to do with our Audio/Video production of the game. We appreciate everyone in the thread taking the time to compliment or offer criticism, but please if you can, avoid non-constructive posts like this. Stating the game day "did nothing," and "didn't work for you," is subjective, likely untrue for 99% of the people in the building, and doesn't really help us improve anything. Please to those of you following along, do not take this last comment as defensive, rather a reminder that we have decided to take the time to include this forum in our discussions and implementation and have been nothing but accepting of many of the critical opinions. Reading a purely negative, opinionated post sort of takes the "feedback" aspect out of the thread.

Cheers and see you Sunday!

Last edited by fourgrounds; 02-07-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Autocorrect typo.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fourgrounds For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks fourgrounds for taking the goal horn down a notch during the intermissions, while kids are on ice
Greatly appreciated by many!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 12:22 AM

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,481 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourgrounds View Post
Thanks for the feedback and compliments.

The lights going out are are now "a thing." We finally got permission from the facility to do it.

Thanks. Will continue refine and brainstorm stuff like this. Again this season was about getting the AV side of gameday into the present and adapting to a new building and working with a new team (Fourgrounds). Many of these things will likely be addressed for upcoming seasons.

Please to those of you following along, do not take this last comment as defensive, rather a reminder that we have decided to take the time to include this forum in our discussions and implementation and have been nothing but accepting of many of the critical opinions. Reading a purely negative, opinionated post sort of takes the "feedback" aspect out of the thread.

Just wanted to pass along yet another vote of thanks. It takes guts to come into a forum like this and take both the roses (in the form of worthy suggestions) and thorns (everything else that is heaped upon you) and remain positive. You have done that and more. I have found Fourgrounds to be very receptive and open-minded. I have taken a tiny bit of pride in seeing some of the off-hand suggestions made in here actually put into place and received well by the fans. Keep doing what you are doing, and keep looking for ways to make it better as well.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 08:53 AM
3rd Line

DogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura about

The IceDogs are pretty lucky to have such a forward thinking production crew like Fourgrounds working on their behalf. Thanks again for your explanations, you guys are very professional. I notice everything (also noticed the video board glitch) and I am extremely picky. So please don't be offended by anything we say on here. we just care about the best possible experience, which in turn gives us long term viability with casual fans.
  • Someone mentioned awhile back about incorporating a t-shirt toss in between periods as well. Are there plans to up the ante during intermissions? With an open concourse everyone is either sitting or watching whats going on at ice level with beer in hand.
  • Are we eventually (I know they are expensive) getting the LED Ribbon that is apparently already wired up. That would be a great way to add in-play graphics like "Go Dos Go" during play, out of town scores, brand advertising. Was hoping the circular advertising on the bottom of the new Video board was going to be a ribbon style which is so much more interactive, much like Guelph/Kingston have.
Awesome job guys!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DogDaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Another thing my gf mentioned that she felt gave the game a bit more of a bigger league feeling was showing the videos of the players when their goal is being announced, that was a heck of a nice touch... Almost feels like they're getting the individual attention that they deserve for scoring... I mean, you show their little video package when they're being announced, but it's nice to see them again when they score.

I personally feel you guys are doing a heck of a job, you're basically laying the foundation of what future games will look like. And kudos to you for reaching out for fan opinion, because honestly not many people really ever want honest feedback, we all just want to be told that we're doing good...

I understand that a lot of stuff won't be in the budget this year, ie Spots, and projections... But are those the kinds of things you're looking at for future seasons?

I always tend to notice details, things that pump up a crowd, and how kids are reacting. It seemed like Bones was in the crowd a lot more last game too... He came down our section and a bunch of kids just lost their minds... It was pretty cool, and made me smile.

Can't wait to see what you're cooking up for Playoff time...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourgrounds View Post
Thanks for the feedback and compliments. The intro video song is sung by Andee, she sang the anthem at the home opener and we used her single for the video to sort of tie it all together. We have had talks about changing the edit with a different track, but we tend to spend our budget and time on adding new content etc etc. I can say... stay tuned for the playoffs...

In terms of spotlights projections etc, simply not in the cards this year for a multitude of reasons. Believe me, we (us and the IceDogs) would LOVE to do some projections and spotlights, maybe next season though.

The warmup tracks are requested by the players. So whatever they call we play. It is their warmup after all.

Thank you! Comments like this make our entire team happy. I am sure many people don't really pay attention to new graphics and songs, so when people do it makes our job worthwhile.

Thanks, means a lot. We spent some time in other rinks around the OHL during the downtime over the past couple weeks, and now that we have a relatively well oiled machine its all about adding tweaking and improving.

Hmm will look into that from our end, however the maintenance and upkeep of the actual facility tech is out of, both the Dogs' and our reigns, as the City owns it and SMG manages it... We can't see that side of the board from our booth and didn't hear anything about a pixel glitch until now. Could be a random issue or could be an LED panel issue. There is a lot of technology running in a setup like that so a multitude of things could cause it. Sorry to hear it distracted you, we will see what we can do!

Cheerleaders had the night off. No idea what to tell you about the 50/50 ticket seller, but I assure you it has nothing to do with our Audio/Video production of the game. We appreciate everyone in the thread taking the time to compliment or offer criticism, but please if you can, avoid non-constructive posts like this. Stating the game day "did nothing," and "didn't work for you," is subjective, likely untrue for 99% of the people in the building, and doesn't really help us improve anything. Please to those of you following along, do not take this last comment as defensive, rather a reminder that we have decided to take the time to include this forum in our discussions and implementation and have been nothing but accepting of many of the critical opinions. Reading a purely negative, opinionated post sort of takes the "feedback" aspect out of the thread.

I didn't mean it to be offensive I'm just saying that compared to the rest of the games this season I actually felt more withdrawn from the game day atmosphere with the recent changes as a whole. We all want some different things and I guess not everyone will get what they wish for their game day experience and I get that not every little thing can be accommodated I just found that their was less energy at the last game